Your best advice on being a woman

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Stephanie W
Miss Golden Goddess

Your best advice on being a woman

Post by Stephanie W »

What is the best piece of advice you can give me about being a woman?

I always try to just be myself but any words of wisdom would be most helpful. Thanks ladies.

Stephanie
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, Stephanie -

You'd like words of wisdom about being a woman?

'Hmmm,' says SL, scratching the top of her head, 'What am I now - a know-it-all? [-o< Beats me! ' ***huh***

Okay, all funniness aside - I think you said it best: just be yourself! :bigsmile:

A woman wears many 'hats' during the day, and each day is different from the last one, or the next one. A woman has to be caring, warm, friendly, funny and fun-loving, generous, compassionate, sympathetic, and willing to listen to others - so they will be willing to listen to her. A woman has to be firm and even-tempered (which is not always easy when dealing with children or men!) <|>|<|> A woman is also sexy and loving, a seductress and a lover.

The most important thing to remember: Treat others the way you would want to be treated. That golden rule is one of the most important ones of all, and I think it should be applied equally to everyone - men and women alike. O:)

(--)
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Curly(SO)
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Curly(SO) »

Stephanie...that's got me stumped :-k

Umm...When a friend buys a new car the first question you must ask is what colour is it? Never ask about engine size, spec, torque...I have no idea what torque is or even if I've spelt it correctly, but I have never ever heard a woman even mention the word. (I only heard the word myself, since being with Ed)

If you are in the car about to head off out and you realise you have no earrings in or no perfume on, then you must dash back inside to put them on, no matter how late you are.

If you are watching a film with a partner and neither of you has seen it before, you must constantly ask questions about what is happening, through the film.

Is that OK for starters? :bigsmile:

Love,
Curly(SO)
Susan
Permanently Banned

Post by Susan »

Torque is simply a force acting at a radius.

hold a rod in your hand then hang a weight on the end of it - you will feel torque then

Susan
Susan

I know some things.
Stormy(SO)
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Stormy(SO) »

LOL - watch women! Imitation is the highest form of flattery. Imitate what you like and remember what you didn't like. For example, I love tatoos but would never have one - just because I wouldn't - no special reason but I've seen some of the most awesome tats and have no shame in walking up to someone and asking to see the whole tat!!

Take SL's advice about following the golden rule - it's really the only rule worth having.

Be yourself and while doing that be the best you you can be. Don't forget bubble baths and chick flicks!

Stormy :P
Live well, Laugh often, Love much!
Jess(SO)
E-mail address not valid - Contact Admin

Re: Your best advice on being a woman

Post by Jess(SO) »

Stephanie W wrote:What is the best piece of advice you can give me about being a woman?

I always try to just be myself but any words of wisdom would be most helpful. Thanks ladies.

Stephanie
Just being comfortable with who you are is probably the best piece of advice, the more comfortable that you are with yourself, the less stiff you will become and the more natural the walk and deportment will be ----- I know that Claire Jane, is so much more stiff in her walk and deportment than I am but that's because she is not comfortable with herself yet --------- it's only been 5 months since she was able to emerge so it will take time to become comfortable with herself dressed around people.

Jess
* * Email address not current as of 08-29-2009. Please contact SilverLady(SO) immediately! See http://crossdressers-forum.com/forums/v ... php?t=9237 for further information. Thank You!! * *
Stormy(SO)
Miss Emerald Goddess

Sorry...

Post by Stormy(SO) »

I have to agree with SL. Melyssa wants to let her feminine self out and about. She is not acting per se, she is being feminine. She wants to experience being "one of the girls" and not unduly stress the girls while she is out as one of us. Does this make sense Stef? She doesn't attempt 20,000 words and I'm not a great advocate of gabby females. She loves to gossip and loves our slumber parties yet handles herself with grace and dignity....again expressing her feminine side. I love the looks and attitudes or posturing, if you will, of the 40's, 50's and 60's but we happen to be living in 2006 soon to be 2007 and the look of the bygone eras has a very limited audience and applicability. So the best advice I can give you is the advice I gave you before - observe other women, emulate what you like and pay attention to not emulating what you don't like. Do what feels natural and good for you. To experience being a woman is to blend in with us and let us accept you. We are not our mothers - we are modern women and there are times that slacks are the acceptable dress, just as there are times that that fancy party dress is appropriate. Hope this helps.

Stormy
Stephanie W
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Stephanie W »

Stormy
I have to agree with SL. Melyssa wants to let her feminine self out and about. She is not acting per se, she is being feminine. She wants to experience being "one of the girls" and not unduly stress the girls while she is out as one of us. Does this make sense Stef?
Absolutely! I have never considered myself as an actress when I'm out dressed. Being and feeling feminine and just being me is the only thing I know how to do. Anything less and we're not being true to ourselves. Thanks for your input.

Stephanie
Stormy(SO)
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Stormy(SO) »

Thanks Stephanie - from your pic you're doing a marvelous job....love the twinkle in your eyes and that dynamic smile!

Stormy *-*
Stephanie W
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Stephanie W »

Thank you Stormy, you are so sweet! :oops: Not always an easy job but compliments like that make it all worthwhile. (--)

Stephanie