What Shoes Go with This Dress?

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Virginia
Goddess of the Universe

Post by Virginia »

SL,
What did you do to get that disciplined by yo' momma?
Inquiring minds want to know?? :-k
Virginia
First star to the right, then straight on 'till mornin!
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

:-$ It's a secret - but if you are *real nice* to me, Virginia, then I'll tell you. In the meantime, hand me a slice of that Palermo's Pizza - - and I'll pour you another glass of Guinness!! :mrgreen:

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Jaye
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Jaye »

Postscript

I eventually chased down a bag to go with the shoes. It was a vinyl hobo-style bag I found at WalMart, on clearance, for $5.00. I even found some cute jewelry, also on sale, that I thought would look good with the dress and everything else.

All that remained for me was an attempt to even out my tan. I'd done some work outside recently, and had lots of sun on my arms and neck, but nothing on my chest, back or shoulders, all of which would be partially exposed by the dress.

The salon where I go for my manicures and pedicures also has tanning beds, so I thought I go for a couple of short sessions to see how that did. After the first session, I burned. I've had sunburn before, but this was ridiculous. I didn't even burn all over. I burned in patches, while the surrounding areas of skin showed no signs of exposure. By the time it healed, I looked pretty much the way I did before I climbed into that bed.

In the end, I wore a different outfit. I did use the shoes, bag and jewelry I picked out to go with the dress, so it wasn't a total loss.
The most common form of despair comes from not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard