pierced ears/earrings

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Alana
Miss Emerald Goddess

pierced ears/earrings

Post by Alana »

Hi!

I have a question. Is there any special trick to inserting earrings in pierced ears?

I had my ears pierced about eight weeks ago. A couple of times I've removed my starter studs. Trying to put them back took more time and effort than I thought it would. While I got them into the piercing in front, I had trouble getting them out the back. Had to use a mirror and keep shifting the stud until it finally slid through. Seemed like it took forever.

I've seen GG's slip earrings into their pierced ears without any apparent effort and no mirror. Other than practice, practice, practice, is there some trick that helps?

Alana
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Usually one only has troubles if the ears have not healed completely, resulting from removing the starters too early. Once they heal right, the posts will slip through with ease. Mine did the same, now they slip right through. So, keep the studs in ALL the time for a few more weeks.
DonnaT
Absaroka
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Absaroka »

Time and practice

Absaroka
everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon
Curly(SO)
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Curly(SO) »

Yes, it really is time and practice. It is a lot easier once the ears have properly healed...sorry, no special tricks! Just drag the earring down the ear lobe till you find the ridge of the hole then poke it in (so to speak :bigsmile: )

Love,
Curly :)
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

I had troubles with mine at times also until they healed completely. My ears wanted to heal to the earrings, so i need to make sure i keep turning them. I also have a pair of hoops that have a larger stud going through the ears than my others.

Just let them heel up some more...

KimberlyS - CD
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Gardenia_SO
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Gardenia_SO »

Like a few other girls have said, just practice!

A couple of tips:

- Definitely wear them as long as you can and as often as you can, to prevent the holes from closing. It's awful when they start to "heal" and you have to force the earring through! <shudder>

- Don't wear any dangle earrings for a while--stick to studs until you've had them for about 3-4 months.

It's like learning to wear contacts--it may drive you nuts at first, but once you get the hang of it, it will be second nature! Good luck.
Alana
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Alana »

Hi,

It's been about 9 weeks now since I had my ears pierced. I tried on a new pair of earrings today, about 1.5- 2 inch hoops with a stud. They slid in quite easyily even though I was shaking in anticipation of seeing them in place.

I tried dragging the studs down until they contacted the holes and then poked them in while applying a slight pressure down. They slid in just like I felt they should. Much, much easier. Even the starter studs slipped in easily when I put them back in. Still had to use the mirror, though

Thank you very much for your tips. I guess I'll just keep practicing.

Love,

Alana

P.S. How do you add emoticons to a post. I felt like a smilie, but didn't know how to add one.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

P.S. How do you add emoticons to a post. I felt like a smilie, but didn't know how to add one.
^^_|| You should see to the left side of your Posting box a section called 'Message body' with 20 Emoticons showing, and if you click on 'View more Emoticons' (and enlarge it) there will be 99 emoticons for you to choose (including the first 20). Make sure your cursor is at the point in your typing where you want to place a smilie, then with your mouse click on the smilie you wish to place there! ^@^

Aside from that, I am glad you are getting the hang of wearing pierced earrings and, yes, it does take practice to put them in without using a mirror!!

(--)

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Alana , Isn't it just great to have them pierced now. You can change earrings when every you want now. It will not be long and you will be able to change them without even looking.

KimberlyS-CD
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Alana
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Alana »

Hi all,

Today I bought some small hoop earrings (along with some different studs) for an upcoming event. I played around with them a little after getting them. They slipped in real easy with a slight downward pressure. Am still using a mirror, though.

Anyway, I'm excited about the ease with which I can change the earrings now. I expect it will only get easier as time goes on. :)

Thanks for the suggestions and the encouragement.

Love you all!

Alana
Alana
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Alana »

Hi,

I've been playing around with different earrings for several days now. Actually put some in without a mirror, quite slick. Fantastic!!

Thank you!

Alana
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

=D> =D> =D>

That's a wonderful feeling, isn't it, Alana?!! Just don't forget to keep wearing the starter studs at night to keep the holes open. I've had pierced ears for over 30 years and I still wear the starters at night.

Enjoy your new 'ears' Alana!!

(--)

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------