Why Do So Many Women Complain about Wearing a Bra?

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Trudy
Miss Emerald Goddess

Re: Why Do So Many Women Complain about Wearing a Bra?

Post by Trudy »

Why so women complain about wearing a bra? Because they can! :lol: I wear a 38B with my forms and generally they don't bother me but when it is hot and humid yes they can be hot and uncomfortable. Still it is part of being Trudy so I suffer in silence, well most of the time. :) Yes I do shed it at home in the warmer weather, especially if it is sweat soaked but when going out I put a fresh bra on.
Karen Ski
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Karen Ski »

I can remember back when I had to use forms they would got hot, uncomfortable, and heavy. I figured after I started hormones and had breasts of my own things would be so different. How little did I didn't know!

After 10 plus years of hormones I am a large 36A to a small B. Yes I wear a bra everyday but needing one is a hell of a lot different than just wanting to wear one. Yes they get uncomfortable after a long day especially if it is hot and here in SoCal it has been hot! Still I wear one everyday. Granted on those hot days and I am not dressed to the hilt it is generally a cotton soft cup as opposed to the underwire padded style I would wear on a date, etc. I do admit that around home I may shed it and pull on a sundress or a tube top but if I go out I put one on. Yes here in SoCal you see a lot of women running around braless, sadly most who do that are the ones that can least get away with it.
Michelle Diane
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Michelle Diane »

My wife complains all the time because she's going through menopause and has ULTRA sensitive breasts and nipples. Even the softest of cup lining she says feel like barbed wire. Also factor in summer heat and perspiring (sheer hell during the summer in North Carolina). Unfortunately when you're a large C or small D cup the possibility of going naked is out of the question due to our old friend gravity. As my wife says "the girls need some support".
One wears a mask for so long you forget who you are beneath it......I've now removed my mask.
Janet Bern
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Janet Bern »

I love wearing the bra with breastforms for a while and enjoy it
most of the day but eventually would rather not be wearing the bra and breastforms
for a full day... when sitting around it is uncomfortable .. I don't know how the GG s do it
lol
Lauren
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Lauren »

Why do so many complain about wearing a bra? Simple answer is because we can! :lol:

All joking aside I have seen claims up to 80% of women are wearing the wrong size or style of bra. Not sure it is that high a figure but I can attest a day in a poorly fitting bra or certain styles is pure hell to be polite. Unlike breastforms which are cast in a specific shape or weight every woman's breasts are different and just because one is a 36B or whatever size means all bras are going to fit the same or be comfortable. Most women even have some variation in the size of one breast to the other one. I have heard of cases where it can be several cup size difference but not sure how prevalent that is. Still many may have a cup size difference, B to a C or something like that, and that can cause issues. Not that my breasts are that dramatically different I will tell you the left girl is larger than the right one. :roll: As a TG woman not that I have experienced it but I have read many women may experience up to a cup size swelling due to fluctuations in their hormone levels and their cycle. Now add to that as gravity takes over even though your bra size doesn't change the bra style that worked for you even a few years ago may not be the best one today.

Now let us assume you have been fitted for a bra and are wearing the correct size and style. There are days when you are more active or moving more than usual or maybe you have put on a pound and some of that has gone to your breasts or it is just one of those miserably hot, humid days the Midwest experiences every summer. Remember you were up at 5:30 AM to get ready for work and a bra is one of the first things most women put on when getting dressed. It has been a long day at the office, traffic was bad on your evening commute, and you needed to stop at the store for some incidentals on the way home. It is now well after 7 when you walk in the door and the underwire in your bra has been chafing at you since well before lunch as well your bra is soaked with sweat. -,,- I cannot even begin to explain what a liberating experience it is to unhook your bra and let the girls breath! *-* Now you may put on a fresh, clean soft cup bra or a bralette however on days like that assuming I have no intentions of going anywhere this girl just pulls on the t-shirt and lets the headlights shine! :oops:

I can fully appreciate how many of you girls see a bra as a badge of femininity, was there many years ago myself. What many of you may forget is there is a tremendous difference in having yourself in that bra not silicone breastforms. It is drummed into us a lady always wears a bra and for the largest part this one does. I do admit to sometimes just a camisole style top under a blouse or sweater however that cami top needs to have some support for the girls or I will be wearing a bra. I will say here it is easy to criticize or think "I never would" however until you have walked a mile in someone else's shoes you may not always fully understand their side.
Some people are going to leave a mark on this world, while others are going to leave a stain
Eleanor Roosevelt