Hosiery

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Jacqueline Manesis
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Re: You could PM me Georgia but I'm old school.

Post by Jacqueline Manesis »

Jeannie wrote:People today like to click a mouse or push a button to get a job done. It takes much more to do what I do and I have the machines and skill to do it. :lol: Hugs

Love Jeannie
I wonder why it cost me so much of my education fund if it were as simple as pushing a button? I feel that both ways require skills. It may be easier for the press operator using the "new" way. Ever tried to paginate a catolgue and then print seperations on the final product only to have found that fonts changed or the layout moved when exporting to a PDF because the driver was wacky?

It takes many hours and alot of patience to get the graphics and page layout done and it requires an abundance amount of skill and knowledge. Quark is not Word and Photoshop is not Microsoft Paint. I won't even try to discuss fonts!

I will say that the product result is better on an old fashioned press if a good job was done with the Pantone wheel and good seperations are provided. One thing that the good post script modern printers are good at though is minimizing bleed. I dislike that you have to loose that third dimension of raised ink artistically speaking however.
Nothing beats a great pair of Legg's. Cake and tea or death!
Tink (GG)
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Tink (GG) »

Silkies is very much still in business and their pantyhose are virtually indestructable. I have had MUCH luck with Silkies hose (although I don't like being constricted in hose, I usually have to wear them to work).

I also find that sticking them in a hosiery bag and washing them in the machine makes them tighter, more like new than hand washing :-)
Art & Life are ONE!