Are you really sure you want to be wearing a skirt?

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Susan
Permanently Banned

Re: Skirts

Post by Susan »

PhylissH wrote:At 6' 3" I have found it near impossible to find pants/slacks to fit. There for all I have are skirts and dress. I also find it impossble to find cassual shoes in a womens size 15. So whats a girl to do?
I have a couple of skirts and tops that could be cassual but no shoes to match.
Hi Phyliss

Have you tried Long Tall Sally here? I have a GG friend in California who is 6' 2" in her stocking feet and she uses them.

http://www.longtallsally.com/

I have a 38" long skirt from them and they go beyond that

Sorry I can't help you with shoes as I fit a standard woman's shoe
Susan

I know some things.
DanteCarrie (FTM)
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by DanteCarrie (FTM) »

yeah cas skirts are awquard and cold and blow about and stuff. trousers are all cuddly and warm and you can sit normally and do stuff. skirts are for sex for me. i try not to judge but seeing some flat mates waiting for a bus in december in the rain in a skirt.......ok then thats a little odd and just makes them look blue.
Susan
Permanently Banned

Post by Susan »

Ah - the rain thing,

Personally I find that rain and wearing denim jeans take ages to dry but a shortish skirt and hose dries very quickly.

Its all swings and roundabouts
Susan

I know some things.
DanteCarrie (FTM)
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by DanteCarrie (FTM) »

thats true i'd just rather be able to be warm while I'm actually in the rain and worry about drying the clothes later. also I think skirts make you walk slower and in the rain I want get in doors as fast as i can
Kittie
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: Are you really sure you want to be wearing a skirt?

Post by Kittie »

I have loved the feel of a skirt since I first bought my own with my wife's advice. it is ther freedom of movement together with the sexy hips
Martina H.
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Martina H. »

I can think of nothing better than to take off the drab clothes and put on a skirt and feel girly for a while.
Martina H
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The girl my Mother longed for trapped inside a boys body If she had only known I was there.
Anna
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Anna »

Martina H. wrote:I can think of nothing better than to take off the drab clothes and put on a skirt and feel girly for a while.
I agree completely.

So, in answer to the thread question, Yes!
Anna x

What seems like the right thing to do could also be the hardest thing you have ever done in your life.
Wendae
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Wendae »

!!!yes!!! But,there are times I find it expedicious to wear jeans or slacks.
I believe I was a lesbian in my past life
Paula G
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Paula G »

To get back to the original question I know my daughter at least has heard the "are you sure you want to wear that skirt", she is better than many of her contemporaries though, it's not the weather it's the whether!

If I am tempted by a short skirt I now ask myself how happy would I be if my daughter were wearing something this length?

I am also very aware that a lot of GG instrumentalist will choose to wear or have been advised to wear dress trousers rather than skirts while performing because of their playing position. Although one GG tuba player I knw chooses to wear a long full skirt rather than be forced into trousers.
Paula

Just because you don't believe it, that doesn't mean it's not true
Kittie
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Kittie »

Yes and it is time I bought a new one
Ginny Jones
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Ginny Jones »

I've been watching a Gok Wan TV series where he travels around the UK giving dressing advice (I can't remember the name of it - something like, "How not to dress like a goof ball!"). Anyhoo - he does a short survey in each town and generally what comes up is that about 55% of women only wear dresses or skirts for special occassions! At this rate it's juss going to be our lot wearing them!

Juss my ten penneth

Hugs Ginny xxx *-*
Tammie
Permanently Banned

Re:

Post by Tammie »

Susan wrote:The only reason trousers were invented was to facilitate the riding of a horse. Back in antiquity everyone wore "skirts".

Susan
I am Civil War fan. several months ago I went to a reenactment for the first time "DRESSED" as a modern FEMALE ,,, one lady dressed Period True that I know made me....said I Looked good but I look better as a "Period True lady"

So she took me aside in her tent and said "STRIP" you are going to be my sister for the rest of the event. Took out spare outfit, Shoes, corset, Hair Bun, Bonnet, the "whole 9 yards" period FEMALE attire, even wore a "HOOPED" skirt with a CAGE style hoop. Had a blast that evening in a PERIOD evening gown at a PERIOD BALL.

Discovered many young boys less than 8 wearing dresses. Asked friend, she said BOYS WORE DRESSes until about 8 or 9 when they got their first pair of Britches in a "BRITCHING" party.

Waiting to hear back from my lady friend reenactor when she's intown again because she said I should do it all the time. Even back then she said some Southern Families with only one male offspring DRESS the son FEMALE for duration of war to prevent CSA army from consriptting the only son for war duty. And even some women dress as boys because they wanted to "do their part"
Noeleena
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Noeleena »

Hi,

Never worn jeans hated long pants of any kind so was in shorts most of my life, being a builder i never saw any one in a skirt men or women on the job it was not prudent working on roofs up and down ladders, on major jobs,

so to skirt around this i would if needed wore overalls or bib , even in snow heavy socks boots & a skirt, though i have snow bib overalls, now a Kilt well yes that would be okay, though being female not on the job , other wise im in skirts most of the time, long ones at that,

...noeleena...
AJ West
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by AJ West »

I'm not a GG however, I do remember my mom wearing dresses and skirts on many occasions during my childhood years growing up in the 60's. I recall several times when she would be out doing yard/garden work while dressed in a blouse and skirt. My wife would never and I mean never do any yard, cleaning, labor work unless she was wearing her 'grubbies', (jeans and sweatshirt). I think our society has changed, yes there may be some true reason for not wearing a skirt, ie. a power lawn mower, but I've seen women doing that too. If it were me, I'd say wear what you want, when you want, but I'd include modesty and common sense.
Not sure where I'm going, but there's no since being late
Tammie
Permanently Banned

Post by Tammie »

"DD" boobs arrived Friday afternoon via Overnight UPS delivery & SO GGF Friend arrived
:(( with a "gift". (See below) for my BIRTH AS A FEMALE !!hb!!
!!hb!! Because my BOOBS ARE NOW FIRMLY GLUED ON For next 3 months. NOT JUST FOR WEEKENDS. REFE

I*-* I vote For MINISKIRTS FOR ME. Love the free un scratchy freedom of no fabric on legs other than silky smooth sheer pantyhose... SO GGF has added Dressing FULLY Female every Day now after work.
the only time i can dress semi-male is for work. Have to wear FULLY FEMALE UNDIES WITH Red or Black Lace bra under female mans Tailored white shirt black female dress pants and wear string bikini or thong PANTIES. And Black women's penny loafers or ankle boots.

I HAD TO WEAR A WHITE J red lace edgeMICRO MINI Skirt Friday & Saturday evening while clubbing with SO aka GGF and a extremely sheer RED & BLUE lace "V"neck blouse (over a BLACK LACE PLUNGE BRA)/with black back seamed red spider web pantyhose with 4" clear Platform shoes with red white and blue flashing LEDS for each step. Had to wear a clear plastic matching head band with similar lights.

BRBRBRwas it :(( ÇOLD AT 3am leaving last club and walking 4 long city blocks to SO's car. SO's friend Janet was with us. She got "my" outfit at a "strip dancer supply store" in Detroit and flew to DC Friday afternoon for First weekend of "3 Girls clubbing including one Lesbians strip club with nude male strippers
Love the outfit the sexy white skirt with red lace edge skirt was 6"long held out horizontal by a red white blue tutu underskirt. Never had worn a THONG PANTIES BEFORE loved the feel.
! *-*
Got a ton of "wolf whistles" in & "hit on" in club by obnoxious guys...no fun :whistle: -,,- I think that's the point Ggf is making. Good Girls don't like to be :whistle: :whistle: @@ or hit upon in clubs just because they wear a sexy outfit. Don't like it at all.
Ss
Janet is here for the week as now I have to go dinner & shopping en FEMALE after work since SO GGF is going OUT OF TOWN tomorgrow mornggGGing thru Saturday morning. SO friend is here to see to it that I dress et."eNbicely " fully Female for dinner out every night then SLEEPING female in j very sexy black lace teddy with a matching Gstring outfit the three of us got this at Soma Intimates store where we went to for 7 FEMALE undies a shopping with professional BRA fittings session. And "Fitter" a 30 something Sales associate with with a very ample figure said to GOOD for U let's really make him live Female " when SO TOLD HER about the B
Tomorrow morning before work And every day I now have go jogging Female for 2 miles in the jog bra and matching Boyshort bottom