Wearing push-up bras

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Curly(SO)
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Curly(SO) »

Well, I have no idea how that particular woman thinks, I can only speak for myself! If I wore that outfit I would be doing so as a fashion statement but unfortunately some men get the wrong idea and think it's OK to leer...that is why I said in my original post on this subject that I would feel uncomfortable...with being leered at. Why would some men assume just because I happen to have some flesh showing it means I'm doing so for provocative reasons? :? That almost takes me back to that old chestnut that 'women are asking for it' just because they are dressed in a certain way. :roll:

Curly.
Absaroka
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Absaroka »

I have known several GGs who will talk about dressing very provacatively specifically to have a feeling of power-I can make you look and probably distract you enough to have some sort of advantage in the interaction. Some of them also became very uncomfortable with this type of thinking and made a conscious decision not to do it anymore.

In particular I have one fairly good friend who at one time engaged in prostitution and will sometimes talk about the nostalgia of the power of sex as a weapon even as she talks about how the whole thing was rooted in shame and the kind of fear that made her think she needed weapons to survive.

On a far lesser scale I have talked to other women over the years who will talk about feeling that if they don't look sexy and attractive (how much is enough? too much?) that men will not bother to talk to them. Some of them viewed the whole thing as a monumental chore, some as an annoyance, and some as kind of harmless fun.

Absaroka
everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon
Susann_Gardener
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Susann_Gardener »

Absaroka,
An interesting post, kind of what I was hoping to accomplish. I guess there is a power thing, as it surly distracts me, not necessarily for the same reasons as the general male population. Of course the girls need to look attractive, and sometimes this includes looking sexy. I had hoped to get some insight into just what was going through their minds as males were looking at their breasts. Was it power or wish they wouldn’t? Did it matter who was looking, how they were behaving?

Curly
Don’t back to that old chestnut that 'women are asking for it'. That is not where I want to go. I completely respect women and those who impersonate them (of course you can believe me or not). I have been out and intimidated by a group of teen guys, but mind you, I was dressed to attract and in an area where I could attract more advances than I wanted.
Curly(SO)
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Curly(SO) »

I suppose I have had that that feeling of power but I don't think I usually set out to achieve that or make a conscious decision to dress in a provocative way (with the exception of of dressing for clubbing, hot dates etc!). I think it is much more subconscious. I have tight fitting tops and lower cut tops but when I buy them I don't think about how other people will see me in them. I always used to be an A cup but for some reason have acquired a more obvious C/D in the last few years and have really noticed recently how men focus on them, at first it was flattering but does get tiresome now.

Love,
Curly.
Susann_Gardener
Miss Emerald Goddess

That's kind of disappointing, Curly.
I guess I have a bit of the breast envy :oops: and figured if I had a good pair of girls, I would appreciate the attention they got. =P~
Susann_Gardener
Miss Emerald Goddess

Well, there is just this discussion on a BA board I frequent. Wish I could copy and paste all the comment, but I wouldn't chance loosing my status there. The thinking is as varied as are women. No surprise.
Curly(SO)
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Curly(SO) »

I suffer from long-leg envy when I see all the lovely pics in the gallery here!

As far as breasts are concerned...I would think us GGs have quite complicated feelings about them..considering the sexual angle, breastfeeding, what size is in fashion, the worry of breast cancer etc, I suppose that's why we can get touchy about them from time to time.

Love,
Curly.
Absaroka
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Absaroka »

Curly thanks for your last post. I had forgotten but my wife did seem to feel differently about that part of her body when she was breastfeeding. Keep talking about let down and worrying from time to time about what could happen if some other baby began to cry near her in public. She seemed to have far more appreciation of her breasts at that time. And I was profoundly grateful that I did not have them.

Absaroka
everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon