Wearing push-up bras

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Susann_Gardener
Miss Emerald Goddess

Wearing push-up bras

Post by Susann_Gardener »

How does wearing push up bras make the GG's here feel? Both physically (are they uncomfortable altering the geometry mother nature provided you with?) and emotionally (how do you feel exposing a large portion of your breasts for everyone to see? If people are looking at what you have gone to some trouble and expense to expose, when does the "looking" become uncomfortable?
Curly(SO)
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Curly(SO) »

No, I don't find them uncomfortable. I wouldn't really feel comfortable exposing a lot of flesh, I would wear a push up bra more for shape than exposure! Not really into getting stared at too much. A hint of a cleavage and nice shape is more classy than exposing large portions of breasts! (IMHO :mrgreen: )

Love,
Curly.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Curly, I couldn't have said it any better myself!! =D>

I feel the same way about push-up bras as do you. Virginia and I call that a "conservatively sexy" or "understated elegance" style of dress.

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Virginia
Goddess of the Universe

Post by Virginia »

One of the "FOUR FEATURES" that are a requirement is a "properly fitted bra!"
1. Skin-matching foundation
2. A nice, properly fitted and styled wig
3. A nice smile
4. A properly fitted, proportionate bra.
It is not "our" place to get into why GG's would wear the "push-up" bra as they would have their own personal reasons. Most of "us" would not have the need to to wear one ('most' being the operative word).
Virginia
First star to the right, then straight on 'till mornin!
Stormy(SO)
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Stormy(SO) »

I find it a perfectly reasonable question from any girlfriend. There are certain tops where a push-up bra is appropriate for the very reason Curly stated. I would hate to suppress anyone from asking the GG's any question that has peaked ones curiosity. There are times that a wicked push-up bra is appropriate for both CDers and GGs when they want to make a statement and there are times that a GG wants to make an entrance or a splash into a club or a bar! Keep these great questions coming. BTW Missy looks great in a push-up bra that we use to create cleavage for her and she wears it well. It's not inappropriate nor is it ostentatious.

Stormy
Live well, Laugh often, Love much!
Lisa(SO)
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Lisa(SO) »

I prefer a push up bra as gravity tends to take its toll as I age and have nursed my children :shock: . For me it adds the extra touch I look for in my outfits.
_______

Lisa (SO)

*The rewards of love are always greater than the cost.*
Virginia
Goddess of the Universe

Post by Virginia »

Darn, I notice that my finger nail marks are still prevalent in the dirt on the way to the woodshed!! Honestly, I think I can find it with my eyes closed - really!!! One of these days maybe someone else will visit my sanctum-sanctorum but for now I will be the martyr for the rest of us.
What is that bumper-sticker? "Ain't Skerrt?"
Sorry to have deviated from the thought process, it's a blond thing! and I still love you all!
Virginia
First star to the right, then straight on 'till mornin!
Stormy(SO)
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Stormy(SO) »

LOL Virginia and we love you!!!

Stormy
Susann_Gardener
Miss Emerald Goddess

Yess Virginia, there is a . . . Opps, wrong topic...
Well, yes, on my AT stroll next year, I just may stop in on your barn.
Susann_Gardener
Miss Emerald Goddess

I was hoping the Oscars would stimulate a bit of discussion, but there was so little boobage showing last night :oops: , I doubt that will happen.

Are there no additional thoughts? :(
Curly(SO)
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Curly(SO) »

Well-yes, Susann, that is a whole different world...I suppose if I was a Hollywood superstar then I may be tempted to put everything on display...but I happen to live in the real world :mrgreen:

Love,
Curly.
Ronnie M
Inactive

bras of all kinds?

Post by Ronnie M »

do any of the GG girls prefer tshirt bras?
and i see the ads for the new seamless bras now........

is there any special style GG's like?

what always gets me, is seeing the band in back almost to their neck and the one in front almost to their belly button...

are they just-covering-up....or actually trying to wear a support-bra?

ronnie
Curly(SO)
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Curly(SO) »

I much prefer t-shirt bras, they give a nice smoooth shape. I have one with a small amount of lace on the side so it's not too plain. If a woman has a bra that rides up loads at the back (very uncomfortable!) then it's obvious it doesn't fit very well, she needs to go buy some new bras!

Love,
Curly :)
Stormy(SO)
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Stormy(SO) »

zoikes - at my age a t-shirt bra is a fond memory. I've found the right bra and have one in every color I can find. Because I know my body type and know what looks good I dress to accentuate the positive....sometimes at home I still go braless which feels fabulous but can't run around outside anymore like that.....I'm sometimes jealous that Missy can put on a cute soft bra and zoom around.....but as we all know - gravity happens!!

Stormy
Susann_Gardener
Miss Emerald Goddess

Ah-Ha, I have just had an example of my question, unfortunately no answer. A co-worker started wearing scooped necked shirts about 6 months ago. A very enjoyable view! Well today she was wearing some pretty high heals and as she was walking down the hall toward me, the visible part for her boobs were jiggling for all they were worth. Seem to me she couldn't be unaware of this, and anyone who was alive would be looking at her boobs!

So, what is the mindset when a woman does this?