Does a Dress Really Make The Man?

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Stephanie W
Miss Golden Goddess

Does a Dress Really Make The Man?

Post by Stephanie W »

Ladies

You all know what you find sexy and attractive in a man. Whether it's his smile, his eyes, hairy chest, tall, dark and handsome or just plain cute in his own special way, you just know when that WOW factor kicks in, right?

So what clothing do you think looks sexy on a guy? Tight jeans, muscle shirt or something preppy or business like? A man in uniform, perhaps?

Now, what about you ladies with a CDing partner? Let's say your guy (or even another CD perhaps) is in a nice sexy, slinky slit-up-to-there dress showing some leg and looking pretty good. Do any of you find that sexy in the same way a guy might when seeing a women dressed this way? I ask that because when I see a nice looking woman wearing gender neutral clothes, she can still look incredibly sexy, so I was wondering if any of you see that when the guy is wearing femme clothes. Or are the clothes simply too much of a barrier to what lies beneath?

Stephanie
Lisa(SO)
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Lisa(SO) »

That can be a tough one! I have always liked a preppy man or one in business attire. I am a sucker for a man in dockers!

I at first did not think of Elayne as sexy due to the barrier of what was underneath and the fact I was not educated on this but now I appreciate her appearance and appreciate the fact that she prides herself in her presentation. The confidence is a huge turn on. SHe looks better than alot of GG's that I see.

Elayne is a turn on to me en femme or en homme. Sometimes it depends on the mood and circumstances though.
_______

Lisa (SO)

*The rewards of love are always greater than the cost.*
Suzie Green
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Suzie Green »

I will speak for my wife since she's still too timid to chime in and post here! So I asked her this morning to answer for this post and here is her reply in her own words:

"His legs and his butt have always been so incredibly sexy to me, and it's the first thing I look at. Whether he's himself or Suzie, I don't see any difference. He's still the man I fell in love with, but when he wears a revealing skirt that really shows off his legs, it just heightens the excitement. I think a part of it is pure jealousy...he looks so damn much better in a pair of heels than I do! I think part of me lives vicariously through Suzie...wishing that I looked that good."
Terri(SO)
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Terri(SO) »

Stephanie,
I'm having a bit of trouble with the way you've asked the question. You first ask what we find sexy in a man when he's in full male mode and then asked if we feel the same when he dress "to the nines" as a woman and if we still find that sexy. But then your statement about how you feel about women... "because when I see a nice looking woman wearing gender neutral clothes, she can still look incredibly sexy". This not the same as you saying you find your wife sexy if she's, oh let's say wearing a Marine's dress uniform (shoes and all). Gender neutral clothes on a man are a far cry from "a nice sexy, slinky slit-up-to-there dress showing some leg" on a man. What I think you're really asking is do you find a woman sexually attractive even if you know its really a man?
T.
Love is a verb. It's a doing thing. No action, no love! - Terri
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Well let me say this, I don't know what turns a women on about a man in a dress. Gosh I dress everyday nothing fancy except every now and again I do it up right and it seem to turn the wife on??? Why I don't know maybe it's a women thing. I will tell you this she has her way. =D> .
Sorry cold facts.
Stephanie W
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Stephanie W »

Terri

The first part of my post was more me thinking out loud while laying on a sandy beach, just lazily watching the clouds roll by. Sorry for the confusion. I mention gender neutral clothes because that's what many women choose to wear at some time or another. Even though gender neutral clothing may not seem as sexy to some men as something more obvious, it's not a barrier to me to see that sexiness - even in a Marine dress uniform. Now if she were dressed in something overtly masculine with a fake beard, then yes, that would be a more obvious barrier because her most attractive assets would essentially be hidden. In the case of my question, those assets of a man, his legs, chest, facial features perhaps enhanced with some makeup - would still all be in plain sight - albeit attired in a feminine way.
What I think you're really asking is do you find a woman sexually attractive even if you know its really a man?
:-k Hmm...in a clumsy kind of way, I guess that's what I'm asking, although I wonder whether categorizing it in that way might have elicited plenty of quick 'no's'. But what do I know? :roll:
Jess(SO)
E-mail address not valid - Contact Admin

Post by Jess(SO) »

I love him/her in thier birthday suit :whistle: rotf ..^.. ..rofl.. <<^o^>>
* * Email address not current as of 08-29-2009. Please contact SilverLady(SO) immediately! See http://crossdressers-forum.com/forums/v ... php?t=9237 for further information. Thank You!! * *
Georgia(SO)
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Georgia(SO) »

Hmmm.. Interesting question.

I have always been a sucker for a man in slightly worn jeans and barefooted. I don't often see my guy dolled up, but I can tell you that I appreciate that he makes a fine sexy-looking woman, particularly from the neck down. Killer legs, little bitty butt. While I can recognize s/he looks damn fine, it doesn't particularly turn *me* on.

-g
Tink (GG)
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Tink (GG) »

The thing that appeals to me most (above & beyond attire) are eyes and smile. A great smile is an amazing thing and tends to make others automatically happy. :)
Art & Life are ONE!
Ann Stef
Miss Platinum Goddess

Dress

Post by Ann Stef »

The eye of todays society does not see a man looking good in a dress........I personally don't think a woman looks good in pants, capris or shorts. Society accepts the latter, not the former
Happiness is dressing to your innermost desire and feeling.