Blouse and Skirt question

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Carla L
Miss Platinum Goddess

Blouse and Skirt question

Post by Carla L »

I have a blue jean skirt and a cotton blouse. I would like to have top of the skirt show since it has embroidery and looks pretty, but all my blouses cover the top of the skirt.

Is it okay to tuck in a blouse into a skirt? I never noticed before and I have been looking lately...
Huggs,

Carla
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, Robyn -

There is no one right answer, as every outfit must be judged on its own, and of course your body build has a lot to do with it, also. Experiment with your skirts and blouses for different looks, and if it looks right and feels right, then be like Nike and "just do it."

I have several denim skirts and I have worn both cotton and silky blouses with them, but to date they have always been worn tucked in. Sometimes I've worn a knit top with them tucked in, and a see-through blouse over it worn on the outside. I have a photo in the Gallery (page 7) of this example (my white skirt/green top). Virginia has photos in the Gallery (page 2) where she is wearing a denim mini skirt with a white ruffled blouse tucked in, also, as well as some other skirts with blouses worn inside.

It's easy to dress up/down the outfit by altering how the blouse is worn. Just experiment and have fun!!

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Ann Stef
Miss Platinum Goddess

skirts and blouses

Post by Ann Stef »

short blouses and knit tops, I tuck in if the skirt has a fancy top.
Happiness is dressing to your innermost desire and feeling.