Bare Escentuals

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Estefania
Miss Platinum Goddess

Bare Escentuals

Post by Estefania »

Hi Dear GG! :P

I really don't have a question for you, but I do have a suggestion for everybody in the forum.

Have you ever tried the Bare Escentuals line of makeup products? If not, I have to really advise you all to give them a try.

Especially now in the hot months of summer, this type of makeup is really wonderful, since it will indeed cover up many skin imperfections (however, beard coverage should be dealt with before for those who need it) and will let your skin 'breathe' and therefore you are not likely to melt when it is hot outside.

It is not overly expensive, and really... it does work!!

Gaby
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Thanks for the tip, Gaby!

I just checked out Bare Escentuals as I had never heard of them before, and I'm always interested in 'healthier' cosmetics.

As with all things, the higher-quality cosmetics comes with a higher price tag. That being said, when I checked BE's web site, I'm of the opinion that $25 for foundation of this quality is not all that expensive in the long-run.

I've bookmarked the site, and I'll consider them for my next cosmetic purchase.

If any of our members who used this brand would like to relate their experiences - pro or con - please feel free to do so. Any other tips or recommendations?

*Hugs*

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Carla L
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Carla L »

Someone here recommended MAC when I was first buying makeup. I have replaced 90% with MAC$$. It is great stuff, but definitely not cheap.
Huggs,

Carla
Kimberly Kael
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Kimberly Kael »

SilverLady(SO) wrote:If any of our members who used this brand would like to relate their experiences - pro or con - please feel free to do so.
My wife recently started using the Bare Escentuals line and is very pleased with the results. The only downside I've heard her express so far is that, as a powder, it's something of a pain to travel with. The little travel containers are something like a low, flat spice shaker with a lid - and the powder winds up evenly distributed on both sides of the "shaker" holes. The sales associate helpfully suggested sealing the holes with tape when traveling which doesn't seem very convenient.

I haven't tried the line myself just yet. It took me long enough to get a decent foundation shade for what I'm currently using given that I haven't worked up the courage to just ask them to match me in the store! Given how bold I've gotten on other fronts it seems like an obvious step and perhaps I'll be able to report back first-hand.
~ Kimberly

“To escape criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." - Elbert Hubbard
Carla L
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Carla L »

Kimberly - I was afraid of trying a match in the store, but once I forced myself I haven't had a problem since. No one cares or even bothers to look at you. Just do it...
Huggs,

Carla