White Hose

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Deidre Taylor
Miss Platinum Goddess

White Hose

Post by Deidre Taylor »

I went to the mall this afternoon just to see what bargains I could find so I went casual. I wore a black blouse, black and white print skirt, black sandals with a kitten heel and white pantyhose. I noticed several women looking at me but it wasn't until I was paying for a skirt I boiught at Macy's I realized maybe why. The middle aged saleslady complimented me on my outfit but she commented she had not seen anyone wear white hose in years. Are white hose out and did I commit a fashion faux pas?
Virginia
Goddess of the Universe

Post by Virginia »

You know, I can't say that I remember seeing any white hose as of late. What few skirts I do see being worn and they are few and far between have not seen any white hose. I think it is more of a winter color, but I am no fashion guru.

I would however stick with the "nude" colors during the summer, but that is just me!

I know that the fact that someone is seen in a skirt anymore is going to get some looks regardless!

Virginia
First star to the right, then straight on 'till mornin!
Connie
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Connie »

Deidre,
If I remember the last time I saw a woman with white hose on, she probably was wearing white shoes/sandals. I think that would make less of a contrast than with black shoes, but then, I certainly am not a fashionista!

Connie
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

The last time I saw white stockings was last year on Easter Sunday, beautiful beautiful dress with white shoes and stockings.

Virginia I agree, a women wearing a skirt now a days does get a second look by both men and women. =D>

Now I do find that a lot of women still wear dresses to church, I fact I was a massed last Sunday as there was a 20 something women dressed to the ninetys, hum maybe looking for a man \:D/
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

More likely it was the combination black sandals with a kitten heel and white pantyhose.

Instead of sandals, I suggest ballet style shoes. I've seen that combination recently.
DonnaT
Kandis
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Kandis »

I have to agree with DonnaT on this one. It may well have been the sandals and hose combination. If I am wearing sandals, I won't wear hose just as a matter of fashion. Traditionally hose were designed more for wear with pumps or higher heels, not sandals.
Kandis

I wear the bras and panties so she doesn't have to.