Our Dear Friend, Sally

A special place to remember our members, their partners, and their children who have passed away.

Moderator: KimberlyS

SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Our Dear Friend, Sally

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, Ladies -

It is with great sadness that I am making this announcement. I just received an email from Kyra that she received from Sally's wife, Kath; Kath asked her to contact me, and so she did. The information below is excerpted from that email; after much deliberation, I decided to include some history of Sally's illness (as provided by Kath) as a matter of courtesy to Sally's friends here.

Sally passed away last month after a long illness, some of which had been mentioned here by Anita last year, and as well as by Sally, herself. Some time after Sally's 'last post' (November, 2009) she had lost her sight once again, and suffered a stroke; the exact time frame was not mentioned.

Sally felt very bad that she kept her health problems hidden from so many, but she was a person who did not handle sympathy well. Sally was informed in 2006 that the best she could hope for was 12 months to 5 years. Sally said lots of times that "morally she should let people know, but then that she shouldn't put the burden on those many people who find it difficult to handle others who have only a specified time left", per Kath, and that is the main reason why Sally never publicly told the many people she considered friends here at the Forum; she wanted life to go on as normal for as long as it could.

On behalf of the Forum, we extend our Deepest Sympathies to Sally's wife, Kath and her family.

Sally, dear friend, your friendship, humor, wisdom and insight - all of which I held in very high regard and esteem - will be sorely missed. You are now whole and free of pain and suffering.

~~oo~~ Rest in Peace, dearest Sally. Rest in Peace. ~~oo~~

- SilverLady(SO) and Virginia
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Elizabeth
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Elizabeth »

Thanks Silverlady,

This brings real sadness to my heart. I thought she had beat whatever was ailing her and am surprised to hear she passed. She will be dearly missed and I know others like myself who will cry when they hear this very sad news. I hope we can continue to offer the good will that she offered so openly to everyone, along with great advise. I loved her and will miss her.

Love always,
Elizabeth
Virginia
Goddess of the Universe

Post by Virginia »

Our sorority will miss this lady!!! SL and I have been most fortunate to have personally met several of our sisters here from California, Colorado, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Washington, West Virginia, and here in the Commonwealth, and all are lovely people. I can assure you that if you have to opportunity to personally meet anyone from this forum in person, do it, you won't be disappointed.

Sally was and is one of my favorites! I never had the opportunity to personally meet Sally, but we had numerous PM's and her responses and insight both on this forum and in the PM's sure made parts of my life a lot more tolerable. There are a lot of new sisters who have joined and did not have the opportunity to converse with her. She was an amazing lady!

Some may take this forum lightly and that is fine, we can't be all things to all people, but we try! However, when events such as this come upon us and we reflect on how we were influenced by someone this "Island in the Stream" seems to take on an even more personal meaning to us.

Thanks for sharing with us Sally! Your love, insight and wisdom will be missed! Peace to you my friend!!!

Love,

Virginia
Last edited by Virginia on Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First star to the right, then straight on 'till mornin!
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

So sad.

Rest in Peace, Sally.
DonnaT
Anita
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anita »

Thank you for posting this, SilverLady, as I did not have the time last night to do anything with the news. I first ran into Sally on the "other" forum that was a forerunner to this one, and she was a voice of sanity over there, where things often got crazy.

I was very sorry to hear this, but had been expecting it. My last letter from Sally had let me know that this was a strong possibility. I will miss her presence on here.
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

My thoughts and prayers go to Sally's family. Sally was a ground breaker in that she lead life the way that it worked for her and her family and did not stick to society's rules of what male and female was. I have and always will look up to her a lot. She did not know it but she one of several people that helped me with my self acceptance. I read many of her posts several times just to absorb what she wrote.

Rest in peace my friend,
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Stephanie W
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Stephanie W »

So sad to hear that news. I always enjoyed reading her eloquent posts and wonderful words of wisdom.

We'll all miss her.

Stephanie
Kyra
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Kyra »

Thanks again, SL.
As I sit here thinking, that silly ole lump starts to fill my throat again. I'll try to keep it in check for the moment. Not to be macho, but it's easier to see what I'm typing with fewer tears in my eyes.

I think what I loved most about Sally was her sense of humor. Reading some of her jokes almost felt like she was sitting next to me and we were just laughing our butts off telling stories.

I will miss her for a very long time.

Since joining this forum, I've made some really good friendships. I've even met some of you in person. That's a real good feeling. What started out as a place to get answers has turned into more of a family setting.

...and I just lost my "Aunt" Sally. ~~oo~~

I'll try to keep in contact with Kath.
I need a tissue, hugs for now.
K
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return. - Leonardo DaVinci
Charlotte
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Charlotte »

Although I haven't posted here for a considerable time I do pop in every once in awhile to keep informed and this news about Sally was so unexpected that I feel I may be sick to my stomach. Sally was truly one of the genuine, good people and I always enjoyed reading and rereading her wise words of wisdom. IMHO the world is a poorer place without you Sally, may you rest in peace.
Danielle La Belle
Account Deactivated at Member's Request

Post by Danielle La Belle »

I am shocked! I had no idea! See you on the flip-side Sally!!!!!

[-o< [-o< [-o<

Hugs

Danielle Marie
Make the most of every day!
Jan W
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Jan W »

I have only just now learned of Sally's passing.

My heart is saddened.

Jan