RIP Lydia fka Willie

A special place to remember our members, their partners, and their children who have passed away.

Moderator: KimberlyS

SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

RIP Lydia fka Willie

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Everyone, I am saddened to announce that a long-time member, Lydia, who originally used the name Willie here, has passed away; she was 95 years young. :(

Virginia and I had been in 'real life' contact with Lydia, and exchanged Christmas and Birthday cards with her. We knew she had finally 'completely' retired at the age of 90 and was enjoying life and her 'golden years' with her loving partner, Paula, who knew about and loved Lydia. Although we had not talked with Lydia in a while, we were not overly concerned when she had not responded to an email. We kept saying that we were going to call her, and then life and family issues got in our way.

Well, this morning I had the spare time and I searched for - and, sadly, found - an obituary for her and learned that she passed away on April 28, 2017. Although s/he and his wife had no children (the wife predeceased Lydia after nearly 50 years of marriage), they were both very accomplished researchers and will forever be remembered in the professional world. Lydia's vast knowledge, wisdom, humor and friendship will forever be missed by the many friends and colleagues who knew her. :cry:

RIP, Lydia, and may you and your wife be forever swimming with your beloved dolphins.

- SL and Virginia
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: RIP Lydia fka Willie

Post by Anthony Simon »

She was beautiful in her own way.

RIP
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
CharLee
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by CharLee »

I am sadden by the news of Lydia's passing, she will be missed.
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

[-o< I am sadden at her passing. She was great to chat with. That explains why she was no longer coming here.

kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.