Kara - Emily Ann Brown's Daughter

A special place to remember our members, their partners, and their children who have passed away.

Moderator: KimberlyS

JoAnnDallas
Miss Golden Goddess

Kara - Emily Ann Brown's Daughter

Post by JoAnnDallas »

Not sure how many of you all knew Emily and that one of her daughters was battling cancer for a long time. When Emily was found out by her wife "T", it was Kara that embraced her Dad's CDing before any of the family did. Kara took her Dad clothes shopping and even took her Dad to a TG friendly club in Roanoke.

Emily asked that I post that her daughter Kara passed away yesterday in Roanoke, VA at 12:45AM. She had been very ill for the past few months. Services will be held Thursday. Emily will be sending me an address if you wish to send a card.

JoAnn
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, JoAnn -

I am so sorry to hear that Emily Ann's daughter has passed away, but I know that she is now free of pain. Our sincere condolences are extended to the entire family, and especially Kara's children. [-o<

The first time that Emily Ann and I talked on the phone, having not met each other, well, we girls gabbed for almost 2 hours. We haven't talked in some time, but I knew the situation was getting worse.

I'll be in contact with you, and I will plan on attending the funeral on Thursday, as I presume it will be in the Roanoke area.

((G))

- SL and Virginia
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
JoAnnDallas
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by JoAnnDallas »

I assume it will be. I am in contact with Annie, so will find out where the services will be. As soon as I know, I will pass it along to all.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hey, JoAnn -

Speaking of gabby girlfriends, Emily and I were just on the phone, so I now know where the services will be held, and it's only a "skip and a jump" from my house.

Emily asked that you send me a PM with her address so we may also send a card; Emily was at work, and was unable to give me the address . . . but she said for you to do so.

*Hugs*

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
JoAnnDallas
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by JoAnnDallas »

I just found out that emily went back to work today. Surpised the heck out of me. Glad you too hooked up. I'm on two other forums that also know Emily and will be PMing a lot of people. I'll PM you either today or tomorrow.
JoAnnDallas
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by JoAnnDallas »

I just talked to Emily and she gave me the address where people can send a card. If you wish to have the address, PM me for the details.
Emily Ann Brown
Miss Crystal Goddess

Thank you to everyone

Post by Emily Ann Brown »

I survived what could have been a bad situation yesterday at the memorial service. SL and Virginia were there and can tell you I was a sitting duck. But everyone remembered the service was about MY DAUGHTER and held their opinions of me. Lots of you must have been praying.

Emily Ann
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Emily, I am very sorry for your loss. It is not easy loosing a loved one. I hope the knowledge she is out of pain and watching over you will make it easier.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.