ISP's &/or Mail Sites Blocking Emails

All the rules and guidelines for this Forum will be found here. Please note they are all equally and strictly enforced. If you have questions about them (interpretation, etc.), please contact Kimberlys or a site moderator direct via PM.

Moderator: KimberlyS

KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Re: ISP's &/or Mail Sites Blocking Emails

Post by KimberlyS »

Hi, Everyone -

In the past we have experienced problems of emails being not delivered to members (or proposed members) with active email addresses as a result of their Internet Service Provider (ISP), Mail Sites, or other add-on software blocking emails coming from the Forum, citing "anti-spam" or similar policies. The most notable of these ISP's and Mail Sites are Ameritech, AT&T, BellAtlantic, BellSouth, Comcast, EarthLink, Gmail, GTE, Hotmail/Live/Outlook, SBCGlobal and Verizon, as well as software from the website "www.boxbe.com", but they are not the only ones. We are attempting to correct this situation with those providers but there is no guarantee of our being successful.

Emails coming from the Forum can be for a variety of reasons, such as notice of topic reply, new private message, notice of new account activation, access to user groups and the like, and these emails must reach the member (or proposed member) . . . which is why we require that everyone have an active email address on file.

If we see that a current member is using one of these ISP's or Mail Sites, or when we receive a 'mailer daemon' notice from a member's ISP (citing their anti-spam policy, etc.), we are turning off the notification features in your Profile as well as disabling your Email button. Please note, however, that members may still be in PM contact with each other.

Thank you.

- Kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.