Logging In - Forgotten Password

All the rules and guidelines for this Forum will be found here. Please note they are all equally and strictly enforced. If you have questions about them (interpretation, etc.), please contact Kimberlys or a site moderator direct via PM.

Moderator: KimberlyS

KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Re: Logging In - Forgotten Password

Post by KimberlyS »

Hi, Everyone -

We have had several members who, because they have forgotten their password, have re-registered for the Haven and created another account; they should have followed the prompts on the Log-In screen, and the following is a primer on this subject.

If you are trying to log-in and also have a new email address - meaning that the one you registered with has been discontinued or closed - then please send an email to me at the following address: siteadmin (at) crossdressers-haven (dot) com. In that email you will need to provide me with your correct user name (which is not necessarily the one you registered with) and your previous email address; if you know the approximate date (or length of time) since your last log-in that will also be helpful. Emails received without that information - which will serve as verification that you are who you say you are - will be deleted without response. I'm sorry, but I will not risk allowing a spammer or phisher to gain access to the Haven via your account.

Password Help: When you are on the log-in screen for the forum, insert your user name where indicated. Click the button for "I forgot my password". The forum will send you an email with a temporary, one use only, password; please note the instructions in that email must be followed within 1 hour after which the temporary password will expire.

After you have successfully logged in with the temporary password, go to your User Control Panel (UCP) and select "Profile" from the menu on the left. Next, select "Edit account settings". On this page you will be able to select your own password, enter it twice as requested, and hit "Submit". Your new password has been saved.

Members are not to continually use the temporary password feature every time they wish to log in to the forum. That is an abuse of the system and for which there is no justification. Passwords have always been encrypted in our system and no one has ever had access to them. It is the member’s responsibility to record (or memorize) their chosen password by whatever means works best for them.

As a reminder, members do NOT have the ability to change either their email addresses or their user names, and if you attempt to do so you will 'deactivate' your account. That means you will not be able to log back in until after I have re-activated your account, and I don't always get a notice that this needs to be done. If your email address needs to be updated, or if you wish to amend/change your user name, please contact me via PM (and only via PM) and I will make that change on your behalf.

Thank you, and have a great day!

- Kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.