Taking Tea

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

BelindaH
Miss Crystal Goddess

Taking Tea

Post by BelindaH »

I regularly go out En Femme to tea shops with a mixed group of transgender, and cis-gender ladies. There are such a variety of tea shoppes in the state of new jersey, and we try to meet monthly to try them out. This is a very gender specific activity in the U.S., with more than 95% of the participants in afternoon tea being female. The boys don't know what they are missing: elegant surroundings, delicious sweet and savory food, and great conversation. The best so far was a holiday tea at Georgian Court University. We were treated like guests at the house of Mrs Gould (The Gould family are descendants of The Robber Baron, Jay Gould, who once owned the grounds where the college is) The food was delightful, and one of her guests was a chanteuse who treated us to a number of songs from early twentieth century. The food was delicious and we each received an ornament for the tree. A wonderful way to spend an afternoon dressed up.
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Re: Taking Tea

Post by Carol Ann »

Sorry dear Carol Ann is only a coffee drinker \:D/
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

It's not that I don't enjoy a good tea, but I'm a bit rowdy and prefer the less sedate times of a tea. Yes, the sweets are good the savor and the tea, but my GG buds are quite happy having a wine at a booth in a bar and talking about anything that would be said at a tea. As for the music or singing? *yawn* My attention span tends to be too short; even a radio is background noise for me rather than something I specifically listen to.

As for the men doing a tea? It really depends on the man, but as you said, they are rare. Be honest how many women make an effort to get the guys to come along anyway? They are missing out because we aren't doing a good enough sell and I thinks there's a reason why we don't :)
{squeezes}
Davita
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

I am not much of a hot tea drinker but have some now and then. But it sounds like a fun time out and about that I would go along some time. Too bad you are so far away. Not may tea houses out here.

kimberlys cd
joe in a skirt
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

Afternoon tea is a classic English thing. I mean, we have "tea-time" (4PM) as a time of day. Tea drinking vs coffee drinking used to be a big deal here. And there used to be a complaint that you could never get a decent cup of coffee. Now there's coffee shops everywhere and many fewer tea shops and the lovely cream teas they used to serve.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Sandy
Permanently Banned

Post by Sandy »

Not really info coffee or tea, just have never had the taste for it and really don't know many people into tea but now I do :)
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

That sounds like a fabulous time!
Whether it's coffee, tea, or wine, I think the opportunity to go out with friends and just have a nice time is great.
I have a friend in Wisconsin that I go wine tasting with when I'm there. Her husband is not the slightest bit interested in that, so we go out and have a lot of fun. And then I also drink beer and chop wood with her husband :lol: So everyone has their own idea of what they like and I'm happy with pretty much anything.
And at least here in Billings there are some good coffee shops and brew pubs. When I was in Sidney (MT, not Australia) last year they didn't have much of anything :(
BelindaH
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by BelindaH »

Tea shops may be getting harder to find in England, but they are increasingly easy to find in the US. There is a very good site for finding tea shops. Http://teamap.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. They list about 50 in new jersey, and have listings for South Dakota and Montana as well. It is actually a pretty good small business opportunity for some. I went to a charming tea in a suburban house.
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Dear Belinda,

I think what many responders missed is that tea is not the focus. The event of women meeting to enjoy themselves with a bit of tea and a bit of food and entertainment. Good for you and your friends!

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
PhylissH
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by PhylissH »

What a lovely way to spend an afternoon. So far I have not been able to find anyone to go with me but I have a little tea shop
near me that i visit fairly regularly. It is such a nice break in the middle of the afternoon. And they have some of the best bread pudding
I have had in a long time.
" I would rather die while I am living than live when I am dead"

Texas CD, Best of both worlds,
Hugs Phyliss
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

It sounds like a beautiful way to enjoy time with friends Belinda.

I to enjoy a good English afternoon tea with fine food and good company.
Requal