Mexican Restaurants

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Mexican Restaurants

Post by Ralitsa »

A couple weeks ago you will probably all remember that I told about meeting some ladies, one of whom is a Mary Kay consultant, at a restaurant in Janesville WI. Well today I was at a restaurant in Bismarck ND, which is also a mexican place like in Janesville. I'd ordered a margarita, and after a long time it still hadn't come. Then the lady at the next table over came over and said hi, asked if I wanted a margarita and told me they had a pitcher of it they wouldn't drink all of, and a spare glass! Well of course, I accepted that offer!!!! She then told me I looked gorgeous, and that she loved my hat @@9@@

I'm sure the mexican restaurant connection is just a wild coincidence. But of course I'm thrilled about the compliment, and the free drink :) So it just shows that there are nice people everywhere!
Sarah Beth
Miss Emerald Goddess

Re: Mexican Restaurants

Post by Sarah Beth »

That was nice gesture on the part of the folks at the next table. It would make one feel good.

Just curious though did they ever show up with the one you ordered? It doesn't sound like a place I would go back to given the service.
"It takes all kinds of kinds"
Miranda Lambert
Rikki
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Rikki »

Ralitsa,

What a special time that must have been. It is so wonderful to hear stories about nice people, no matter what the circumstances. There is hope.

Rikki
Be safe, Be frilled
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

that's a really good point Sarah Beth, they never did show up with the one I ordered but they did charge me for it...... and since I'm a wuss I just paid it. But you're right, I probably will never go back there.
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

You may not go back to the Bismarck, however with your good fortune at two Mexican restaurants, will you be going to more?

Great to hearing that you are experiencing good time Ralitsa.
Requal
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Many times a waitress will put in a drink order and assume it was delivered by someone else. It happens rarely and should not be taken as a personal offense.
I enjoy Mexican food also, and the margaritas. :tipsy:

It seems the other lady wanted to open a conversation. Nobody gives away free drinks without wanting something in return. She might have wanted to know more about you without embarrassing you. A spare glass? Definitely she wanted to have a chat. Too many of you gals still think with a man's brain. <>

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Oh Eileen, that's hitting below the belt :-({|=
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Carol Ann,
After over 40 years experience, nobody offers a drink without something expected in return. Men come on to me, and sometimes women, even when my husband is right there! Having never been a CD myself, I'll assume that this lady just wanted a conversation.
Certainly I could be wrong, but you all didn't grow up as female and may miss obvious attempts to make a connection.

Ralista doesn't mention how many people at each table. Given the fact that margaritas were flowing, it could have been a very interesting evening.

Eileen
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

I think you are very likely right Eileen, this probably was the opening for a conversation. She was there with a guy, I presume to be her husband, and I was alone. Where does a spare glass come from??? Yeah, it seems like it was NOT a coincidence. But I'm lame and didn't know what to say so I sat there like a fool.
As far as being charged for the drink, I ordered it from the kid who seated me and I never did have any confidence that he understood what I asked for; and the waitress likely saw the glass and just made sure it was accounted for on the bill. Maybe I could have argued it - if I weren't lame.
So you suggest that we think with a man's brain - that is not wrong, but I think misses the point.
I, at least (and probably others), lack the experience for dealing adequately with that situation. First (though I pretend the complete opposite) it is very intimidating to be out in public and be crossdressed. Second, until I've talked to the other person for a while I really never know what the deal is. And strangely enough it is more scary to talk with women, because you feel like you will be rejected by them, than it is to talk with guys whom you have essentially already rejected yourself. I don't mind telling some guy to piss up a chain and miss every other link, but I could never argue with a woman. And that means that I'm going to try to be friendly but not to be presumptious and you could say, will not speak until spoken to.
I don't know, maybe I will go back there. The food was good, and I like good food. Maybe I shouldn't hold a slight misunderstanding against them when the fault was 9/10th mine.........
Carol Elizabeth
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Carol Elizabeth »

Eileen (SO) wrote:Many times a waitress will put in a drink order and assume it was delivered by someone else. It happens rarely and should not be taken as a personal offense.
I also was shorted my drink - and some food at a Mexican Restaurant in a town 50 miles from where I live. The food was good (of what I got) the drinks were non-existent (except the water) and the service was poor. I never went back. It didn't stay in business long because they pulled this on a lot of people.

Perhaps it is a culture clash, but if one is in a service business, bad service is bad business.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Ralitsa wrote: And strangely enough it is more scary to talk with women, because you feel like you will be rejected by them,
You'll find that women are much more accepting of a Cd than men are, except if she's a spouse or bf.
The times I've been on outings with my guy dressed and girlfriends, curious strangers that introduce themselves are most likely other women.

Being by yourself in public, unless very experienced, must have been nerve wracking by itself. Don't fault yourself, learn from this experience and move on.

By intuition or experience, most women would have noticed the 'extra glass' right off. That's the woman way of thinking.

This subject is close to the 'passing or just ignored' topic. You were ignored or passed by most of the wait staff and other patrons. One lady was curious enough to engage. Good for you!

Eileen
April Rose
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by April Rose »

Real courage is acknowledging being afraid and proceeding anyway. By that standard, Ralitsa, you have more than earned the respect of everyone on this sight. It's been years since I've been out crossdressed, but I remember well how intimidating it can be.
I am a vessel of the Goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.
Harry

Post by Harry »

For one moment there I thought you were coming out as having dressed as a Mexican.
Debbie Jean
Account Deactivated at Member's Request

Post by Debbie Jean »

Hi Ralitsa,

So you paid for a drink you didn't get, but then got one you didn't pay for. So if I read your story correctly, you are "even Steven" as far as the money end of it is concerned.

Since I wasn't at the restaurant in person, I would have to question where the mysterious "extra empty glass" came from. I'm just wondering if maybe the woman who offered it to you got the wait-person to give it to her and then told the wait-person to cancel your original drink order. Is that possible?

Oh well, I guess the "Sherlock Holmes" in me is working overtime! Interesting story, however.

thanks for sharing
Deb
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Ralitsa wrote:I don't know, maybe I will go back there. The food was good, and I like good food. Maybe I shouldn't hold a slight misunderstanding against them when the fault was 9/10th mine.........
I think you should go back... I'm sure if you told them that you didn't get the drink, they would have taken care of it right away. I find that most places want to make sure you are a satisfied customer. However, I can totally understand not saying anything about it. Even in guy mode, I try to avoid conflict - if I had the same self confidence to go out dressed, I probably would not have said a word about it either.

However... it does sound like it was a nice night out! Nice of the couple at the other table to share a margarita with you whether by coincidence or not. Good for you, Ralitsa!!! :)