THE OFFICIAL: CD-TG Friendly Travel Sites

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Eloise
Miss Silver Goddess

Re: THE OFFICIAL: CD-TG Friendly Travel Sites

Post by Eloise »

Hi there!

I wanted to ask... well, I am going out for a walk, specially in the night. I try to pass as much as possible, wear make up, stokins and dress, etc. I wear a little bag. I have loads of fun and stress-release while doing this, but I am a bit scared at the same time. I mean, I never go in to places full of people. But there is a part of me that would love to do that... I am afraid cause if anybody looked carefully in to ma face, my chin is masculine enough to betray me and finding somebody who knows me, I am never fully relaxed. so... I was thinking on going on a trip, may be London which is a modern city. Do you think it is safe to go out mid day in a city like London? I mean, even if people realises you are a CDer, will they anoy you? what is your experience? have you ever done that? I would love to be out fully relaxed just walking inthe street or going in to a musseum (while in feme) and not caring about stumbling on to somebody known or just having to face vandals.
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

Hi Eloise,

I live in London and, while I've never had the courage to go out dressed up, I've certainly seen other CDs out and about. I think a lot of it depends on how determined you are. It's not that, if you go out in daylight, you're in danger. It's so that you'd able to deal with looks etc.. Or anyway, that's my impression.

But it is kind of making it more difficult for yourself if you go to a city you don't know. Like what are the safe places etc.

It occurs to me that a way of dealing with this stuff is to either find a dressing service where you live - or, if you want to come to a place like London, one here. I know there are services that get you made up and everything and then will take you places. In the past, I have read of people who would, for example, take you shopping in London, but I'm not aware of a service like that right now. This one:

http://www.theboudoironline.com/index.p ... html&err=1

Does theatre visits etc. for groups of CDs. It is kind of expensive and I've never used it but, in my dreams.... I mean, if you're thinking of going all the way to a foreign city perhaps that sort of cost would be within your budget.

Honestly, though, I think your best bet might be to look for a dressing service closer to home.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Eloise
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Eloise »

Hi Anthony!

Thanks indeed for your answer, very useful indeed. The thing is that my city is full of people I know :) having said that I will try to find out about a dressing service here. I've been to London a few times I've to say, but of course I dont live there which is the issue here. I mean I can find directions around but when it comes to safety , yes is different.
Thank yuo !! :)
Elo
Jean Ann
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Jean Ann »

Does anyone have any crossdresser friendly places in the
Amarillo. Lubbock. Texas area

Jean Ann
Mike P.
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Mike P. »

Hi all,
I'm lookin to relocate at some point in the near future from NYC to the NorthWest, possibly Oregon. I've been hearing a lot about that area, and it does seem to be LGBT friendly, so does anyone know of any groups, or companies there who help arrange a week vacation there, as I would like to spend some time there to see what it's like. Thanks very much.
Samantha Jane
"Let your heart sing loudly!"
Paulette
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Paulette »

Mike P. wrote:Hi all,
I'm lookin to relocate at some point in the near future from NYC to the NorthWest, possibly Oregon.
Oregon in general - not so much. It's a rural, ranch-oriented, and very conservative State, with the exception of Portland and Eugene. Eugene, because it's a college town, and Portland because it's, well, Portland.

Many think of Portland as Berkeley North, and with good reason. If you've seen the introduction to any episode of Portlandia, well, that's the east and north-east sides. When I lived there I knew almost all the people in the dance-down-the-street part, and none of them would think of themselves as being in costume - that's simply who they are, no matter how wildly bizarrely they're dressed - so if you're en femme but don't actually pass, no one much notices. Same as if you really do pass.
~ Paulette
~ just lucky, I guess.
Wendae
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Wendae »

Wendae Yeltrew added 2 new photos — with Sandy Leone Brooking.

Just now ·

Back from Key West after 4 days. It was so great staying as Wendae ,I was treated like a lady the whole time. It was great having my GG friend Sandy there with me. The only down side was the heat and humidity. It was brutal. For my BD I went to Duval One for dinner. Very up scale. The dinner and view was wonderful. It is a very friendly vacation spot. See photos
I believe I was a lesbian in my past life