Michelle vs. Extreme Hair Removal, part deux.

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Lily
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Lily »

I don't mind shaving my legs. I like it really. Now that I do it once or twice a week it only takes a few minutes. I've always shaved under my arms so that's no big deal. The only think I hat having to shave is my chest and a small patch of hair at the small of my back. That is a pain in the backside. I've been thinking of getting them waxed but I just don't have the time or money.
Lillian Paterson

-------
My girlfriend still doesn't know why her sweaters are always stretched out.” -- Ed Wood
Michelle Miller
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Michelle Miller »

Lydia wrote:Do it about once a week or so, and you will find that the periods of torture are less painful and farther apart. I have gotten so maybe a quick treatment once every two months is adequate.
That's pretty much where I'd like to be.
-Michelle-
"Inside me, there's a thin girl, screaming to get out, but cookies & ice cream usually shut her right up."
Laura Bird
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Laura Bird »

Hey Michelle :)

So after reading your thread here, I decided to go pick up one of those Braun devices at Target.

My first try at it was on the backside of my hands. Not so bad. Then I tried it on my chest area. OUCH. No good. So I tried a small area on one of my legs... OUCH again.

I was convinced you were just more of a man (or woman?) than I and figured, "Oh well, nevermind!"

But it's been 2 weeks or so since I did my hands. And they're still pretty smooth. The hair that's growing back is new hair, so it's thin and fine (and since summer is approaching, I'm letting everything grow back - and my hands don't look "weird" like my arms and legs do, with random patches of hair.)

So this morning I decided it give it one last shot on my legs. At first, it was pretty rough - I didn't think I was gonna make it ;) But then I figured out a few tricks that make it less painful -

1) Pull the skin so it's tight under the area where the Braun is doing its thing
2) Actually PRESS the Braun into the skin a little. Not super hard, but a little pressure on the device against the skin. Not only does it seem to work better this way, but it also doesn't hurt as much.
3) Wait for your hair to grow a little first. Mine was probably about 1.25cm long when I did it. Didn't seem as painful as when it was only 1/2 that long the last time I tried it.
4) The first pass is the worst. Grin and bear it - go slowly and it will leave a nice smooth path. Then for subsequent passes, only use half the width of the device (so half is cutting throug the heavy hairs, and half is going back over the just-done area and picking up any stragglers.) Cuts the pain down and does a more thorough job this way.

Once I figured that out, it wasn't so bad. I got my legs done in just a little more time than it takes to shave. Afterwards I showered, and the skin is still a little sore but not too terrible. They feel great though! Especially after some Victoria's Secret moisturizer :) A little tweezing for some of the hairs I missed and I'm excited to see how long they last.

I think it has redeemed itself. I plan to use it exclusively next winter. Give it a shot girls!

Laura :)