Michelle vs. Extreme Hair Removal, part deux.

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Michelle Miller
Miss Golden Goddess

Michelle vs. Extreme Hair Removal, part deux.

Post by Michelle Miller »

I am in SO much pain right now. I went with a friend to a salon today, and got most everything waxed, legs, chest, tummy, underarms, brows, all that jazz.

She said "this place is great, and I've got a coupon, we'll get you fixed up!" My 'in pain' side is about ready to kick my 'cheap' side's backside. -,,-
Last edited by Michelle Miller on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Michelle-
"Inside me, there's a thin girl, screaming to get out, but cookies & ice cream usually shut her right up."
Virginia
Goddess of the Universe

Post by Virginia »

Damn the hairs -- full speed ahead!!!!

Big baby, you'll get over it and love the girl you are! :twisted:

and no.......... Virginia has not been waxed, yet!!!! [-X Tried it at home and it was just too much trouble, so I will stick with shaving for now.

I well remember the Christmas party I went too several years ago and one of the gg's there said to me, "It's bitches like you that make us GG's have to work so hard to look good!" What a great Christmas present.

So which side are you on now? :?

Love ya, hon!

Virginia
First star to the right, then straight on 'till mornin!
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Sorry to hear that.

Sounds like you need a good soak in an epsons salt bath.
DonnaT
Michelle Miller
Miss Golden Goddess

Yes, I'm a big baby. I admit that freely. :mrgreen:

The side I'm on is in pain, but it's not as bad the 2nd time, and so on and so forth. I plan to maintain this.
-Michelle-
"Inside me, there's a thin girl, screaming to get out, but cookies & ice cream usually shut her right up."
Robyn Katie
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Robyn Katie »

Ouch! Michelle. Courage ...

Love, Robyn Katie
Michelle Miller
Miss Golden Goddess

I've never been much of a church-goer, but I tell you, that was the closest thing to a religious experience I've ever had.

2+ days later, I'm loving the results.
-Michelle-
Anne
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Anne »

For sunburns they make a blue gel with aloe and lidocane, maybe the stores still stock "summer" stuff. That might help the skin pain and irritation although I have not used it for such (big baby here too). Anne
London
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by London »

Well this girl was getting waxed every 4 weeks, legs, arms, chest, back, underarms and and butt. The only parts not waxed are my head and dangley bits (all clean shaven). I recently purchased a Braun Epilator and it works fairly well and I can keep every thing shorter, longer. Just need a butt and back waxing now & then.

I am still waiting for some GG to say you've never experienced pain until you've been waxed and then I'm gonna fill her in on what it means to be a real woman. :lol:

Having said that, I have a high tolerance for pain so there is ne'ery a whimper leave my lips.

London
Michelle Miller
Miss Golden Goddess

So, after recovering from the wax museum torture, I went back to shaving...for a while. I decided to follow up on London's epilator thingy suggestion, so after being the hairiest I've been in close to two decades in preparation for it, I laid into it, as ol' granpappy would say, starting with my forearms after a trip to the local Target to get one.

I purchased this one, http://www.target.com/Braun-Silk-XElle- ... 000EOQDDK/ based on the reviews online I read, and honestly, I couldn't be happier with it.

It's a different sort of pain than waxing, but it's constant, compared to the hot wax...cloth...RIIIIIP! lack of rhythm, I almost started to enjoy it, in a masochistic sort of way.

I'm gonna get started on my legs next... *psyches self up*
-Michelle-
Michelle Miller
Miss Golden Goddess

One leg down...accounting for *OW! that hurt!* breaks.

*whew*

Methinks I will stick with this.
-Michelle-
Michelle Miller
Miss Golden Goddess

2nd leg down. This one went quicker, I think I got it figured out.

This thing is just awesomesauce.
-Michelle-
Michelle Miller
Miss Golden Goddess

OK...all done, save for the underarms & unmentionables...and I'm NOT going NEAR those...not just yet...lol :mrgreen:
-Michelle-
London
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by London »

I have found that the underarms require quick light passes and it hurt more than waxing. I also found that near the dangly bits, where the skin on my legs is a little looser, it can cause some damage so I went back to shaving there. Either way, proceed with caution and good luck.

PS: I find it works better if you don't let the hair get too long. about half the length I would go prior to waxing or for me about a couple of weeks growth on my legs or arms.
London
<< my inner girl is out out and struttin' about >>
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Hopefully it will be less painful the next time, Michelle. At least that is what everyone says. Let us know if they've been lying about it ;)
DonnaT
Lydia
We Will Never Forget You - Rest in Peace

Post by Lydia »

Michelle,

It will grow back, but the new hair is thinner and less deeply rooted, so it epilates less painfully. Do it about once a week or so, and you will find that the periods of torture are less painful and farther apart. I have gotten so maybe a quick treatment once every two months is adequate.

Have fun.

Hugs,

Lydia
"There comes a time ... when you must grasp the bull by the tail and face the situation."