THE OFFICIAL: What did you buy today? #3

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: THE OFFICIAL: What did you buy today? #3

Post by Emily »

Just been doing a little wig browsing and I am thinking that I might buy some new hair!

I am thinking... a long wig, dark brown or black, with bangs. I think it will work perfectly for this cute outfit that I have in mind! :mrgreen:
Penelope Carol
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Penelope Carol »

This week a new dress arrived for me, the first item of clothing I've bought for over a month (apart from one packet of stockings and one of tights). It's like a swing dress in shape but I've bought it for everyday wear when the weather warms up (fingers crossed that won't be long now). It's a floral design with a blue background and I've uploaded a photo. One sticking point; the back is just a little bit too low for a bra. I do own a bodyshaper with a suitably low back but at the moment, only one. So, a new bodyshaper is now on its way here. A nice looking one too!
Penny
Stephanie M
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Stephanie M »

I just bought a costume wedding ring from Amazon, so I'll have a feminine ring to wear when I venture out.
Well, we all have a face
That we hide away forever
And we take them out
And show ourselves when everyone has gone
Penelope Carol
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Penelope Carol »

I had a look around some shops today and in Primark I bought a black jersey mini skirt for £2.50 and two zip-back tops for £8 each.

I think Stephanie's costume wedding ring is a great idea. I've thought of buying a ring myself and putting it on that finger as a possible deterrent to unwelcome attention. Not that I ever get any, I'm pleased to say. :)
Penny
Estefania
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Estefania »

I need help to stop! (Nah, not really.) I have been making so many purchases these past few days. Today I found three beautiful gowns which I don't have anywhere to wear to, and also found the most gorgeous and tacky pair of sandals I have ever bought. (Maybe the most expensive ones I have bought even after the discount) But I couldn't help it. They are shinny, have lots of rhinestones, 5 1/4 stiletto heel with 1" platform... You can see them here (I actually got them in silver, not gold). Will be wearing them for pics later or tomorrow, just a bit tired after a looooong week right now.

The shoes... http://i.imgur.com/83uppR4.jpg

I know. Didn't buy them for practical reasons. Just because I couldn't help it! Since they are a size 11, no chance that anybody would buy something like "They are for my sister, we have about the same foot size." Ha! The sales guy asked me if I wanted to try them up at the store, but I declined. Had I been shopping enfemme would have said yes, but in the middle of the day, just didn't feel comfortable enough (In particular because the store is only a few blocks from my office).

Anyway... 'nough for now.

Gaby
Penelope Carol
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Penelope Carol »

I must admit I've slowed down a bit recently - last year I was buying new gear at a furious pace but now I have a lot more of it than I did then and there is less space in the cupboard.
Today, though, I filled in one of the few remaining gaps with a pair of sandals. While shopping in Asda on Saturday I found some wedge-heeled sandals, and a friend of mine recently told me that wedges are easier to walk in than stilettoes. I've tried them on the stairs and it was easier than I expected, so, as long as the weather stays warm and dry, I hope I'll wear them when I go out for lunch on Sunday. And maybe they'll give me the confidence to venture out in my stilettoes before too long as well!
Penny
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

My wife receives a catalogue in the mail 4 times a year from Damart. Twice a year at the end of winter and summer they have a great sale and send out additional catalogues.

To my surprise my wife (who still remains somewhat apprehensive about my dressing) ask if I would like to purchase anything from the catalogue. I had been browsing through the book and had found some nice clothes at a very reasonable price so I pointed them out to her.

My next surprise was that she said "why don't you go online and buy them". I did not need to be asked twice.

I purchased a nice dress and two tops, one in peach and the other a dusty pink.

After my purchase my wife asked me to sit with her and assist her to choose some new clothes for herself. Requal had a great time assisting my wife and buying her new clothes.
Requal
Hanna
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Hanna »

Lucky you.
I went to Good will yesterday dressed for the afternoon and purchased my first LBD and black 3/4 length sleeve blouse. Looked pretty nice together. Plus each piece would have the option of being paired with a lot of other garments.
Funny thing on the way home I stopped at Food Lion to get a few things. Went to the check out line with a pretty young girl there. She asked about the ice cream I bought and then talked about how hot it was outside and decided not to ware makeup, because she sweats a lot. I started to get a little embarrassed, but smiled. She was sweet, I should have told her that she looked very pretty without the makeup.
Any how had a fun day shopping.
One lady at the shoe store came over and said "Hi". "do you remember me?
I said yes you helped me buy those wonderful red boots this past winter. She said yes "I remember", "and we have lots more large size shoes for you to check out"
Another girl at the makeup section asked if there is anything she could do for me, I said no ,I'm good.
Then I tried some eyebrow pencils. The girl came back over and said we just got some new brow brushes in I'd might like to try.
Granted these were all sales people, but it was a all a great confidence booster.

I seem to get more smiles and conversations when I am in Drag vs Drab. Has anyone else noticed that?
Katrina
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Katrina »

My local department store (Big W, for those Australian people) catalogue arrived in my letterbox the other day. There was a top to die for which would have matched my few skirts that I have, so I just tore out the page and walked in to the store. It was not that easy, of course, as I couldn't find the top, so I had to ask a SA, who directed me to the "On Sale" rack. When I found the top in the correct size, she asked me if there was anything else I was looking for? Thinking quickly, I said that this was all I was told to buy for my wife, but thank you anyway. I really could have kept going, but, one piece at a time.
Loriann

Post by Loriann »

Well, I've purchased about eight pairs of shoes and one pair of boots since the first of the year. The sales ladies at the Payless stores I shop at all know about my femme alter ego, have seen photos of her, and are very friendly /supportive. I've told them to think of me and treat me as a woman, which they do. They're used to seeing me come in in drab, only to slip off my tennis shoes to reveal pantyhose-clad feet so I can try shoes on. Too many end-of-winter sales to pass on!
Also, in the past two days I've bought five pairs of pantyhose, one of the pairs I'm wearing right now, nude Hanes Absolutely Ultra Sheer.....
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Fun Loriann. I enjoy shopping at Payless also and have good luck with the sales staff.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

I like payless but the one I used to check in at on occasion closed, the other is in the mall and is farther away and more exposed than shopping at a small strip mall I feel to be shopping openly like that...I have bought from them on line but really if you pay up you can purchase shoes that have a much better quality like Clarks or SAS...or others and get actual leather, better construction that is made to last. Thing about Payless is one scuff and there is no polishing because it is man made uppers usually...Still their brick and mortar stores are set up very well for shy girls like me because the women's shoes of about the same size are directly across from the men's shoes, and I always found the staff friendly. I have recommended them but they are struggling it seems as all brick and mortar Stores seem to be but Walmart is still doing well they just don't have very good shoes and talk about being exposed and in the open to any and all who are walking past...wow.
Go with the flow
Denice
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Denice »

Had some fun today. Went to Target and got 5 pairs of pantyhose. 4 pairs of Sheer Energy, non control top. I'm done with control tops. Target's the only place where I can find them. Also a cute pair of fishnets. They're a lot of fun.

Went to Payless for my first pair of heels. It was nice that I had the place pretty much to myself. I'm a 10.5 mens, so I heard somewhere that means maybe a 12 womens. They're a little big, but wearable.

http://www.payless.com/womens-brash-tar ... 79514.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And a pair of these. Extremely comfortable.

http://www.payless.com/womens-champion- ... -athletics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Denice both cute shoes. The court shoes are very unisex looking and will be easy to wear for every day wearing in either mode. Enjoy.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Court shoes...unisex? I have a pair of court shoes they are low healed sort of wedged women's pumps which personally I would never wear out if I am going to project a male image. I would rather be wearing them out but I am even at age 61 still sitting on the side of the pool dangling my legs in the water.
Go with the flow