my nice day

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Absaroka
Miss Diamond Goddess

my nice day

Post by Absaroka »

I don't seem to post here much anymore, and I don't dress that much anymore either. But it was a beautiful fall day, the day before Halloween, and I had the day all to myself.

OK so this won't be the typical cd story...

I got dressed in appropriate underthings, bra, panties, leggings, then very short slip, tee shirt with U neck and cap sleeves, an old girl sweater. Jeans, unisex socks, fleece and my hiking boots completed the outfit. Sorry, the boots are what they are, I'm real particular about what goes on my feet.

I drove for about an hour and a half to what on FB I'm calling the Miskatonic Mountains. Some of you will get the reference. I set out on the typical New England trail where they never heard of a switchback. After a while I heard a dog coming the other way. It had a couple of humans with it so I took out the inserts because I DO NOT want to make anyone uncomfortable in the mountains. We chatted for a bit and moved on, inserts back in place and sweater now in the back pack. I suppose a fleece vest with the tee I had on is some sort of fashion faux pas-I delight in those. It was really quite cloudy, gloomy, moody, atmospheric, as befits anything having to do with the Miskatonic. The foliage was incredibly beautiful against the dark gray sky.

I walked along the ridgeline for quite a while with stunning views and easy walking. It's funny, I always think of being alone in the mountains as the most feminine thing I can possibly do, but then when I do it, and try to get in touch with my girl self amid all the natural beauty, I'm just me and the mountains are just the mountains. But still it's something that just feels different somehow en femme. Not that I'd ever turn down a chance to do this in total guy mode of course. Then my camera died, which was really too bad. The climb back down was not at all good. These old knees are not up to New England descents. Out west, where they switchback the trails for horses, I'm fine, even with the altitude. I'm ashamed to say how much of the descent was done on my butt, but better safe than sorry. Then it was easy open walking back to the car. It had been a wonderful hike but I was frustrated that this all was a mere 3 hours or so however and just when I got to the car the sun came out and the clouds disappeared.

So I found another trail near a field. This one had a real look of no one using it at all (no peak with views to serve as a goal) so I dispensed with the jeans and put on my long hiking skirt along with the leggings. Hiking in good weather in a long skirt is one of the most sensual things I've ever done. At one time it would have been erotic also, but now it's merely sensual. Ah age...... I walked for another mile or so on easy trail, eventually coming to a huge beaver pond in the middle of the woods, with trees in mid gnaw. I sat and watched it for quite a while. Then back, and I found another trail, this one right along the "Miskatonic" river. Once more I walked along the river in my hiking skirt and other regalia, this time with the fleece vest zipped because it was starting to get cold. There was a little island I hoped across to, all golden leaves and huge sycamores in the late afternoon sun. I will really have to let you ladies imagine just how beautiful it all was.
Near the little island I found the place (I think) that I'd camped on my very second backpacking trip, several decades ago. That was when I was active, and I remember sitting on the riverbank on a hot summer evening watching the moon in a drug induced haze. It's still a very fond memory of a very confused time of my life.

On the way home I stopped to wander around the nearby town. One of those little New England towns you read about and see pictures of. It was getting dark and I was discreet, wearing my jeans. The fleece is big enough to hide the inserts in twilight.

Well there you have it, my fun thing while CDing. I remember posting here once a long time ago that my inner girl is a serious tomboy. She still is

Nighty night, Ladies

Absaroka
everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: my nice day

Post by Anthony Simon »

It does sound like a beautiful day.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Sarah Beth
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Beth »

Sounds like you enjoyed the day. I love the mountains, I'm not much of a hiker I have knee problems but when we go to our place in Colorado I do find time walk up around the pathway above our place, but I have never do so en femme.
"It takes all kinds of kinds"
Miranda Lambert
Absaroka
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Absaroka »

Well give it a try....

The suphartz injections helped a lot, and on relatively easy terrain 6 miles or so is usually okay now. The doctor says that my knees have improved to the point that they have moved away from the idea of surgery.
Carol Esme
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Carol Esme »

Sounds like fantastic fun and not a million miles away from some of my kayak trips and walks along deserted beaches when I'm in the mood.
Carol
Anita
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anita »

Hi Zari--
I didn't know that switchbacks were a "western" device. People in the Northeast don't ride?

Nice to hear about a successful outing. An hour and half away--that's a bit of a drive, but well worth it. Our Sierra foothills are about that distance--maybe 1000-2000 ft altitude. To get to the high country (up to 10,000 ft), we have to drive about 3-4 hours.
My backpacking days are long behind me, but I can say I've camped up there. Being in the mountains may be a very feminine experience for you, but I see it as a plus that it's not a distraction when you're there.

I have not a clue what the Miskatonic may be in real time.
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

Sounds like you had a wonderful and enjoyable day. I love the wide open spaces and mountain walks, but I am yet to do these as Requal.
Requal
Absaroka
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Absaroka »

Anita the Miskatonic flows through Arkham.

In real life it was probably the Connecticut River near Springfield. However in this case it was the Housatonic in the Berkshires
Mány B
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Mány B »

Hello Absaroka,
I can imagine how you must have felt. Lately when being abroad I took a bus which was supposed to bring me to some quiet trail near the mountains ( in France). I planned to go someway up the trail and than change into a skirt. At the busstop the parking lot was really crowded so that was a deception. But since I had to wait a few hours to have my return bus I just found a quiet area where I put on the skirt (had already pantyhose on as wel) and had a most enjoyable time, more so while the people were returning and going home and the parking lot was getting empty. At lenght I was on my own, I could just watch the sun setting on the beautiful mountains and enjoy that moment fully.
Hope to have such walks again.....
Eris Lunara
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Eris Lunara »

still such a wonderful memory