A bit embarrassing

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

A bit embarrassing

Post by Heather W »

As I have a few days off from work I decide to dress this evening and just relax. Well once my make-up was one and my wig looked just right for a change. :) I figured what the heck so out I went to the local WalMart just to nose around. Didn't buy anything but a few groceries but I did try on a pair of jeans. I was quite windy out when I left the store and when I got to my car I popped the trunk and started to put my groceries in it. Jus then a big gust of wind hit and my skirt which is a loose fitting wrap style decided to take a flyer. :shock: I looked down and I was exposed to almost my panties! :oops: I quickly pulled my skirt down and looked round to see if I had given anyone a peek. There walking up the aisle in the parking was a mother and her teen-aged son with a big smile on his face! I just smiled back at him.

Not very ladylike Heather I thought as I got in my car, just another thing to be aware of as I go out more.
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Nicole Rose
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: A bit embarrassing

Post by Nicole Rose »

Heather so nice that you were out and about. I'm in the same stage as you when it comes to getting out and being a woman. Marilyn would be so proud of your skirt up draft. I hope you have many more enjoyable outings, take care (--)
Kelly
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Kelly »

Exactly the right thing to do. Disarm the onlooker with a smile.
I thought a CD was something you stuck in a computer
Trudy
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Trudy »

Cute story Heather. The smile was the perfect response, not much else to say at that moment. =D>

I think most of us who have been out a while have had embarrassing moments, I know I have. :oops:
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Welcome to the club, Heather! I know many of you don't have a large wardrobe to choose from, but did you know it was windy before getting dressed? There are cute or practical choices when going out for the day. A cute skirt may make you feel feminine, but this is one reason most women wear some kind of pants.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Bad me says. "Windy day??? Where's my wrap skirt?" :) Over my years of watching women, those skirts and dresses are more likely to be showing more than they every expected. Eileen is right; if you have to wear a skirt on a windy day, it pretty much needs to be a pencil or wear pants of some type.
{squeezes}
Davita
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

Where the heck were all of you with this advice before I went out? #-o All joking aside I am still new to going out and never even thought about it. :oops: I do have to admit it did my ego some good knowing I could turn a had, even if it was a 13 year old one. :lol: I now know when it is windy out to go with a straight skirt or a longer one or both.
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Heather, make it just a pencil skirt as I have had a nice long heavy denim a-line skirt blow up on me also. Always wear decent undies as you never know what may happen wearing a skirt. :oops: The key is to pull it down with grace and go on.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Deidre Taylor
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Deidre Taylor »

Cute story Heather and I am sure it has happened to a lot of us at one time or another. I had it happen once when I took my mother out for lunch for her birthday. I thought no one saw as she has stopped to powder her nose as I went to my car. After she got in and I was driving away she told me "Cute panties but a bit skimpy." [-X I knew I had on a pair of string bikini panties under my pantyhose. All I could do was blush :oops: and change the subject.
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Mother always advised you all to wear clean underwear, and now you know why!

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
PhylissH
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by PhylissH »

Funny Heather,

I had the same thing happen a few years back. Was out to dinner with some friends and just as we walked out the front door
of the restaurant my skirt was suddenly up around my waist. I had my take home box in my hand and it took a minute for me to get my hands on my skirt. The patio waiting area was full of people. They all smiled, so I did too as I turned bright red LOL
" I would rather die while I am living than live when I am dead"

Texas CD, Best of both worlds,
Hugs Phyliss
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

I have had several wind blown skirt episodes but perhaps the most embarrassing happened right after we had moved up to Northern Michigan. it was the end of the week we had moved into the house and as anyone who has ever moved knows it takes a bit to get everything back to even semi-normal. Well it was Friday and I called the hubby and told him I would meet him in town for dinner then maybe we could "christen" another room in the house besides our bedroom. I wanted it to be special so I wore a knee length red dress I knew he liked but under it I had on the red and white lace bra, thong panty, and garter belt set he had gotten me for Valentine's Day with of course stockings.

I met him for dinner and when we got back to the house the sun was just starting to set over the lake so we walked out onto the dock to watch it. It was early October but the weather was nice. I don't know if they came out to watch the sunset or meet the newbies in the neighborhood but our one set of neighbors came out to their dock right after we had. We introduced ourselves and they did the same. They were older, early 70's I surmised. As we stood there making small talk out of nowhere comes a gust of wind and my dress was now up around my waist! :oops: As I struggled to get it back down I looked up at our neighbors. She had a stunned look on her face and gasped so loud I could hear it even though she were a good 60 feet or so away from me. :shock: He on the other hand was smiling from ear to ear, first at me then at his wife. :)

I am not sure why but after that she seemed to stay her distance from me. #-o He on the other hand would always chat me up if he saw me outside. Guess he figured I enjoyed neighborhood gossip. :-k They moved a couple of years after that incident thankfully.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Sarah Ann
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Ann »

Heather, sounds like you made his day ..rofl.. You handled it perfectly

Due to my mother's early training, I've thankfully been spared much of this. When she realized how the cow ate the cabbage in my case, she took the time to teach me things like skirt management, how to sit, some makeup tips while watching her do hers, etc., so I had the basic Girl 101 course from Mom like one is supposed to. I was waayyy lucky in this regard, and treasure the memories.

In embarrassing situations like this, always ask yourself, WWJD....What Would Jackie Do? She was once confronted with an extreme case of public skirt displacement when Ari Onassis took offense at a paprazzo hovering nearby at a cafe, bellowed "Here is what you want!!", and yanked the hem of her sundress up to her chin. After an initial facial reaction resembling Jane Fonda's on being dropped through the gallows trap in Cat Ballou, she stood quietly and demurely until Onassis released her skirt, then smoothed her dress down, shot Ari a look to etch glass, shot the photographer that shy "go to hell" smile she held a patent on, and sat down to order her dinner. Reportedly, Onassis bought the film before it could be published, so tabloid readers didn't get graphic proof that she'd left her knickers on the yacht.
I'm a girl with minor additions ^^_||