Landmark, but no big suprise. . .

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Wesley
Miss Emerald Goddess

Landmark, but no big suprise. . .

Post by Wesley »

I've posted several thoughts and items on this site, as well as having greatly enjoyed reading all the posts. Long story short. . . Even Though I have been underdressed most of my adult life (I'm 55 and have been crossdressing since 14 or so.) I've been purchasing all my clothes for years. I was at a local Target store the other day, and wanted to try on a bra. It fit my "rough calculation. (if I can hold it fastened, and put my finger in the closed loop (think of shooting a rubber band!) and it exteneds about 4 inches above the bend of my arm for the elbow) it would probably fit. . . but I was not sure.

I had several pairs of panties in hand and grabbed the bra. . what the heck, I've never had a problem with checking out, or looking at lingerie. Went to the changing room with the bra on top and encountered a middle aged stern looking black woman. I asked if I could try these on. . "Yes," she said.. .and reminded me that once someone tried underwear on, it could no longer be sold. I tole her, not a problem as I knew they would fit. Went back to a room took of my forms and bra tried the new one on put the forms in an it fit. . a little tight, but accecpatble.

Nice feeling. The Young guy that was there when I came out, did not say a word. . .

Kodos to Target. Always nice to know that most places take a professional attitude about such things.

Wesley
Stephanie H
Miss Golden Goddess

Re: Landmark, but no big suprise. . .

Post by Stephanie H »

Always a friendly store to shop. I have never had a problem or conflict.
Stephanie
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

I find my local JC Penny's a great store, in fact there is a saleswomen who knows Carol Ann and always comes to help me *-*
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Dear Wesley,

You really should know your bra band size by now and not shoot them like rubber bands. :) After raising a few children and buying undies for them and husband, go by the size. Unless of course, you enjoy trying them on in the store. One thing I don't enjoy is try on's.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Paulette
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Paulette »

I enjoy shopping at Target.

Not because the selection is so great, but because my wife and I can go into the changing room together.
~ Paulette
~ just lucky, I guess.
Wesley
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Wesley »

Eileen,

Were it only so. . . With as much variability as there is in bra sizing, I can understand why so many women are wearing the wrong size. . .

In my case, the band size with differing manufactures is all over the place. Some brands, I have to dismiss out of hand as they always seem to run small!
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Too true, Wesley!

Husband and I buy only brands we know, still there are some disappointments, but usually we get it right. The fancy, lacy, bras sell well because of the model wearing them. Knowing your size and style, you shouldn't need in store try ons. Since they can't be returned after trying it on, what purpose is there for trying on in store anyway?

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

Target in Australia is my chosen store for shopping also. Target has some really great sales at times. I actually picked up a $25.00 suspender belt for $1.00 at one sale.
Requal