Wife asks me

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Sarah Beth
Miss Emerald Goddess

Wife asks me

Post by Sarah Beth »

This week I had a birthday which I hadn't really hadn't thought about much and honestly hadn't realized it was that close to it. Maybe it the early onset I'm old and forget things, or maybe its the I don't want to admit how old I'm getting. So it was a wake up call when my wife said to me you haven't said anything about your birthday, can you give me an idea of what you want. I told her I hadn't thought about it, don't worry about it. She then said well I am not "worrying" about it I just wanted to know what you wanted, she chuckled and said maybe I should just get you some new underwear.

I thought about that for minute because lately I've really determined that I hate my underwear, I mean my men's underwear. I know its probably just me, being an odd duck out the muddy water, but in particular over the last years I have noticed just how uncomfortable I am wearing men's underwear I never seem to have any that fit right and I've them all. I have boxers that I never wear, and I've had men's bikini style and the tighty whities the whole thing and I don't know if she has realized it but the last week or so all I have worn has been panties.

So after this thoughtful moment I looked at her and said if you are going to buy me underwear get some panties, maybe some hi cut with a bit of lace, nothing fancy mind you but at least a nice little tiny bow on the front would be nice. She looks at me and arches a brow (oh how I wish I could get mine to arch up like hers do when she gives me that look) and says seriously you want me to buy you panties at $7 a pair when I can get you nine mens for $14. I said well ok you buy the men's in your size and wear them and I'll wear panties.

I didn't even get a cake on my birthday.
"It takes all kinds of kinds"
Miranda Lambert
Deidre Taylor
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: Wife asks me

Post by Deidre Taylor »

First off a belated Happy Birthday! !!hb!! Sorry you didn't even get a cake. Sounds like the wife may not mind you dressing occasionally but panties everyday crosses the line in her mind. Perhaps you need to reinforce the idea this isn't the first step to Sarah Beth 24/7. Take it slow and easy and just go with the flow, remember she married a man and still sees you that way.

On a lighter hand where is she going to get you panties for $7? I wear Wacoal panties and even on sale they are $15 a pair! Maybe I need your wife to do my panty shopping! :lol:
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

There are plenty of decent panties out there for $7; it depends on what you like. I don't buy expensive wine just to say it tastes good when I can buy an inexpensive bottle I like more. Just saying...

Now I'm curious about just how much do boy undies cost? I haven't shopped for any in decades. And maybe those cheappie less than $2 a pair undies is why they are so uncomfortable being terribly made and poor materials. I'm assuming (yeah, I know what it makes) that $2 would be poor... but who knows....

Sorry about the birthday Sarah. Maybe she had panties in mind, but you got greedy. Maybe she wanted it to be her idea. In the old days when the better half asked me what I wanted I told her it didn't matter since she wasnt going to get me what I wanted anyway. I at least got cake that way.
{squeezes}
Davita
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

She's definitely telling you there's a line somewhere and she's doing it on your birthday. I know you dressed up when she wasn't there. Maybe, being a woman, her antennae told her something like that and she decided to give you a little (or not so little), sharp shock.

Though not getting anything must have been a bit of a blow, I'm getting the sense that you must have an enviably sound relationship.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

I'm reading the wife's response as less about feminine wear than the actual cost involved. Never mind that she already buys panties for herself. Is she suggesting that your bottom can't be as comfy as hers?
Are the expensive panties that much better? I can buy a 5 pack for $25 or a 10 pack for $40 of cotton panties.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

I also think the cost has more to do with the quality of what you are buying rather than whether it's panties or men's briefs. I have, on occasion, found and bought panties for 99 cents - and I won't do that again! :lol:

And I've also bought men's silk boxers for $20. They were comfortable enough but not worth that much and I've decided I prefer a string bikini.
Maybe if you'd asked for $20 silk boxers you would have gotten the $7 panties? But I don't know, I would have thought that if it's for a birthday present it would have less to do with cost and more about getting something special that you normally wouldn't buy.

As far as not getting cake, I myself wouldn't consider that a problem since I don't like cake much. I have a niece whom, when she was about 10 and asked what she wanted for her birthday, promptly said "pork chops!" Now that's my idea of a good birthday dinner :)
Janet Bern
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Janet Bern »

Way to go Sarah
I switched a few years ago and only wear panties
Best most comfortable panties are Bali SkimpScamp, Jockey womans briefs
and Vanity Fair briefs..
By the way. Any pair of decent mens undies are $7-$10
the cheaper ones are like wearing sandpaper..
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Sarah Beth wrote:I didn't even get a cake on my birthday.
Next year, ask for a gift card! :)

Hopefully it will be one you can use to buy panties for yourself - obviously a Home Depot g/c wouldn't be much use... 8-[