Where are the skirts

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Janet Bern
Miss Platinum Goddess

Where are the skirts

Post by Janet Bern »

I have been in Florida for a week and have been in Belks, Kohls and Bells, and have
been shopping for an average skirt. Seems easy enough. Out of the 3 Dept stores I found
2 skirts in Bells. What is going on? I decided to look a little for a dress, hardly any of them.
There are plenty of bras and panties but no full slips.
Tough life for older CDs that don't like slacks...

g
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Re: Where are the skirts

Post by DonnaT »

I guess they don't make it to FL.
DonnaT
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

I absolutely loved shopping at Bealls (pronounced Bells) and they have fantastic offerings at reasonable prices. The closest thing I've found up here is Hamricks.

I never had any problem finding skirts or dresses at Bealls. Don't forget to check out the Bealls Outlet stores, too . . . that's where the majority of their clearance items are sent.

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Janet Bern
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Janet Bern »

I just have to get away from the Villages area where there are so
so many older ladies.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

I regularly shopped the Tampa and Brandon areas with excellent results but, yes, you do need to get away from the 'older population' areas. :yes:

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

The skirts are out there Janet! SL is correct in getting away from the retirement communities and you will find them. Don't see many dresses at Kohl's but the two Kohl's by me have loads of skirts of all sizes and lengths.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Trudy
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Trudy »

Actually with the warmer than normal weather around here I have been seeing more women of all ages in skirts than usual. I have no problem finding skirts in many stores and love it! :)

As for full slips the women of today just don't wear them much if at all anymore Janet. I have several but can't remember the last time I wore one that wasn't also shapewear. Lined dresses are the norm, at least where I generally shop, so a full slip is unnecessary. If I feel a dress needs a slip to hang properly or preserve my modesty I just pull on a half slip as most women today. Maybe I should wear a full slip sometime with the BF to see how he reacts. After all Elizabeth Taylor looked pretty hot in hers in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

For skirts i have seen them at Dress Barn, Lane Bryant, and JCPenny. I am sure other stores have them also but being winter time there may be fewer skirts around.

For full slips the last store I seen them in was Sears and JCPenny. Not sure if they still carry them.

Happy shopping.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

Skirts and dresses are everywhere in the malls I have been in recently. Not sure where you are looking for them Janet but I see them all over. As for full slips I haven't seen one anywhere in forever. I don't own one and to the best of my memory have never worn one. I have a couple of half slips, one mini and the other longer but rarely wear one. Guess it is a generational thing.
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martha G »

As an older lady, I do prefer my skirts and dresses.
I AM NOW A WOMAN- I FOUND MYSELF
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

Went to the Secretary of State on Wednesday to get my license and car registration changed to reflect the new me. As always it is an adventure and I got lucky with only a 45 minute wait. As I sat there I watched the other women as they came and went. I didn't count but there were probably 30 or more women and it was split maybe 50/50 skirts or dresses versus slacks. Most of the "older" women wore slacks as did a majority of those under the age of probably 25. The rest wore skirts or dresses. Riding boots seems to prevail as the footwear of choice regardless of age. So Janet the skirts are out there and we women are wearing them you just have to go to the right places.

BTW I wore a skirt, tights and riding boots as well.
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

I to am finding it hard to buy skirts in Australia also. I find more online than in the shops.
Requal
Janet Bern
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Janet Bern »

You can always find them on line but I always like to try then on and be sure the fit
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Wrong season...It's winter, havn't you see those Floridians running around in sweaters at 72 degrees outside...brrrr!

I think you see seasonal changes, Payless only seemed to have boots and booties but no high heel strappy sandals...I am thinking well wrong season will check back in the spring.

Besides Southern Girls tend to wear shorts and slacks or jeans with shoes or tennis shoes and tops...especially when it is cool out.

Spring and summer's your season....
Go with the flow
Jina James
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Jina James »

I'm with Trudy on full slips. Liz looked damn hot in hers.