Going to the postbox en-femme.

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Michelle Diane
Miss Emerald Goddess

Going to the postbox en-femme.

Post by Michelle Diane »

On Friday morning, early I decided to walk down the lane to the village green and the post box to post a few letters. I knew my wife would be asleep for a few hours yet so I went en-femme. I picked out a black skirt, thick navy tights, blue turtle neck and my wifes two inch heeled calf length black leather boots. I borrowed one of my wifes bras and after using an idea from Heidi Phox on using Play Dough as forms I finished dressing put my makeup on did my hair and put on some two inch sliver clip-on hoops and a necklace I rescued from the trash, my wife didn't like it...I did. I slipped on her lilac body warmer grabbed my bag and headed out.

It was about 6:30 as I stepped out the front door onto the concrete steps carefully closed the door and walked down the drive and turned to walk down the lane. The sun was barely lighting the night sky in the east as I doubted my choice of foot ware, I know now why they were in the back of the wardrobe. The heels must have been hollow as every time my heel hit the pavement it made a kok-kok sound. No one was around and I doubt very few were even up yet but it concerned me as I was sure everyone could hear it. The post box is as I said on the village green just past the primary school about ¾ of a mile away the lane has a few scattered houses on one side and fields on the other and is rarely used by cars.

The trip to the post box was uneventful apart from my kok-koking boots. The village shop opens at 7:00 so I decided to be brave and pop in for the morning paper and a coffee. The elderly gentleman behind the counter looked at me as I walked in and I smiled and said good morning he reciprocated and I got the paper poured myself a small coffee and went to the counter and paid as I did he casually said that he hadn't seen me before (I live in a very small village in the Devon countryside) I said I was staying with my brother and his wife for a few days up on Church Stile Lane. As he gave me my change he remarked that if I would be here Sunday they were having the village Christmas fare in the village hall and I might like to go. I said it sounded interesting and thanks.

I opened the door to leave and was almost knocked to the floor by a man rushing in. He grabbed my arm to stop me falling (you must understand I haven't worn heels in a long time so I'm not as sure footed as many of you are in heels) he said “Sorry love didn't see you, are you all right?” I said I was and no harm no foul, he apologized again as I left I smiled and said it's okay mate. I guess the red plumbers van parked outside was his. I started back to the house and was about halfway home sipping my coffee smiling and the slight red lipstick stain on the cup when the red van passed me. The lanes round here are very narrow usually big enough for one car and that's it so I got over and found the only patch of brambles in the area and snagged my body warmer and caught my hair on them. The van slowed down and stopped about 50 yards past me. The reversing lights came on and it backed up to me.

This immediately put me on alert. The drivers door opened and it was the plumber from the shop. “I thought it was you, look sorry for back there but can you help me I'm lost?” No surprises there as the village is a Sat-Nav and mobile phone black hole. He said he got a call to a house on Castle lane but his Sat-Nav couldn't find it and the newsagent has given him bad directions. I told him Castle Lane was the second on the right about a mile down the lane. He smiled and apologized once again for running into me and thanked me for the directions. He jumped back into the van and was off.

Feeling pretty good about myself I enjoyed the rest of the walk home.

So in what should have been a simple outing I managed to interact with two strangers and I think pass myself off as a woman. I did discover one thing. I now know why there are very few skirts worn by ladies round here…the wind off the fields in chilling and my tights did little to keep my legs warm.
One wears a mask for so long you forget who you are beneath it......I've now removed my mask.
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Re: Going to the postbox en-femme.

Post by DonnaT »

Quite a walk for one's mail.

Glad you enjoyed the walk.
DonnaT
Michelle Diane
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Michelle Diane »

Thanks Donna it was a fun walk. One thing I miss about the US is the ability to just walk down the drive to post some letters here in the UK postman don't pick up letters from your house they collect it from bright red Pillar boxes dotted all over the place.
One wears a mask for so long you forget who you are beneath it......I've now removed my mask.
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Well done, Michelle! Apparently you passed very well indeed! The sound of heels on pavement is a woman thing that you gals appreciate more than GG's seem to.

If I may offer a few friendly suggestions though. Please buy your own bra and shoes. I've never heard of Play Dough for forms. It's too firm and leaves a smell, foam rubber at the least would be better.

You must have confidence in how late your wife sleeps for such an excursion.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Melissa Mac
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Melissa Mac »

Congratulations Michelle! Sounds like you had a truly enjoyable experience. There is something so rewarding about being out and about and accepted as the woman we are. Keep enjoying your life!

I have never heard of using Play Doh for forms either. I have in my younger days used many things to stuff my bra from pantyhose to birdseed to water balloons but never that. Sure would be a lot cheaper than forms but don't how comfortable it would be.
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Good for you! Take a hint from the ladies in the area. What would they choose to wear for such a long walk? Bet heels would not be on the list and if most choose slacks or jeans you now understand why... Other than that I hope you can purchase your own clothes, I bet your wife does not want to share her clothing. It is probably good to start thinking about how to drop some hints...or slowly move toward discussing all of who you really are inside. This does not mean you are less of a man...but part of who you are leans to the feminine side you are a whole person, the same person and if your own wife does not know you fully she should unless it would mean a divorce or would be unacceptable to her, if so that is a very difficult way for you to live the rest of your life. My wife understood and accepted it but it was more tolerance, sadly she has advanced dementia now. But it might improve your life if you could be more open, if you are indeed hiding and fearful of her finding out. We have a right to be who we are, it is not selfish, no one has the right to tell us you must not ever under any circumstances tell anyone for that reason. Hiding is not healthy.
Go with the flow
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

I agree with Donna. That was a walk.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Michelle Diane
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Michelle Diane »

Eileen (SO) wrote:Well done, Michelle! Apparently you passed very well indeed! The sound of heels on pavement is a woman thing that you gals appreciate more than GG's seem to.

If I may offer a few friendly suggestions though. Please buy your own bra and shoes. I've never heard of Play Dough for forms. It's too firm and leaves a smell, foam rubber at the least would be better.

You must have confidence in how late your wife sleeps for such an excursion.

Eileen
I don't have to worry about my wife getting up early as she's only gone to bed a few hours before hand. I go through periods where all I need for sleep in a night in 3-4 hours then I'm fully rested and awake so rather than wake her by tossing and turning I just get up. I even surprise her sometimes with breakfast in bed.

I think you're right about the sound of heels on pavement, it's never bothered my wife I don't think she even notices it. I am slowly and tiny piece by tiny piece buying my own clothes and underwear, shoes are a different matter as they're not as easy to sneak into the shopping cart or house....but where there's a will there's a way. With regards to Play Dough as forms I really can't recommend it I watched a video on Heidi Phox's site where she shaped it and uses it as forms so I was dying to give it a try. I wrapped each "form" in cling film and into zippy bag that way there no smell or residual yuck on my skin or clothing. Now in all honesty after trying them I won't be using them again as they're heavy and unyielding.

Melissa Mac wrote:Congratulations Michelle! Sounds like you had a truly enjoyable experience. There is something so rewarding about being out and about and accepted as the woman we are. Keep enjoying your life!

I have never heard of using Play Doh for forms either. I have in my younger days used many things to stuff my bra from pantyhose to birdseed to water balloons but never that. Sure would be a lot cheaper than forms but don't how comfortable it would be.
I really did enjoy the walk and it's not that far really. I've always loved the mornings just before sunrise so the chance to be out and en-femme made it doubly enjoyable. Don't bother with Play Dough, as I said I wanted to try them out and certainly won't use that method again. I can't imagine wearing them all day Until I get my forms I'll stick to good old fashioned pantyhose to fill out the girls.

Anne Bonny wrote:Good for you! Take a hint from the ladies in the area. What would they choose to wear for such a long walk? Bet heels would not be on the list and if most choose slacks or jeans you now understand why... Other than that I hope you can purchase your own clothes, I bet your wife does not want to share her clothing. It is probably good to start thinking about how to drop some hints...or slowly move toward discussing all of who you really are inside. This does not mean you are less of a man...but part of who you are leans to the feminine side you are a whole person, the same person and if your own wife does not know you fully she should unless it would mean a divorce or would be unacceptable to her, if so that is a very difficult way for you to live the rest of your life. My wife understood and accepted it but it was more tolerance, sadly she has advanced dementia now. But it might improve your life if you could be more open, if you are indeed hiding and fearful of her finding out. We have a right to be who we are, it is not selfish, no one has the right to tell us you must not ever under any circumstances tell anyone for that reason. Hiding is not healthy.
I actually thought my ankles and calves would ache from walking that far in heels but they didn't??? If a big if I do anything like that again it's jeans for me I bought a pair of ladies jeans the other week, not because they were ladies but because they were the right length 29" inside leg these are passable guy jeans as there's no fancy stitching on the pockets or anything else apart from the label in womans sizing. An added bonus is these have smaller pockets, I'm tired of my pockets ending up around my knees. :)

I am slowly dropping hints and I've decided that by my birthday next year (Jan 19th) I'm either going to be fully out to my wife or that's the day I tell her. There's a line from a movie that I think fits us girls in hiding. "You wear a mask for so long you forget who you really are beneath it" I've worn a mask for too long and it's time to take it off.
Anthony Simon wrote:I agree with Donna. That was a walk.
But and enjoyable one. :)
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

Congratulations on your courage and confidence to do the walk Michelle. It must have been exhilarating for you.

I look forward to reading about more exciting outings in the future.
Requal
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

I was 7 years into my marriage ...thought marriage would make it all go away (not sure why I thought that...it didn't). I am a "writer" in that I like to sit and write down my thoughts so I wrote what I wanted to say to my wife then gave it to her to read. Now was that any easier than telling her outright? I think what it does do is tell her exactly what I wanted to tell her without interruptions or a loss of a train of my thought from frequent interruptions so that all of what I planned to tell her was there for her to think over before she started talking. Good or bad? I don't know. I do know that women view a revelation like this, well into a marriage as a breech of trust. She stated that I was the other woman, and viewed it as an infidelity. This is why on the dating site I am on I have laid it all out there with a few pictures. And any woman I feel serious about as I look for my next life long partner will absolutely be told before too much is invested in the relationship. It is an absolute must do! Further more women are creeped out when you wear THEIR things so you had better stop that and get your own clothing and store it in a secure location where she will not look. If she finds you have been digging through HER things and wearing them she is not going to be happy about it, I can practically guarantee that.

Telling my wife was very stressful for me...I had to do it, but I also had to build up the nerve to do it. It could have meant the end of our relationship and our marriage. But! I knew we loved each other, and that our marriage was very secure and happy so it could weather this most likely. If My marriage was rocky and insecure there is no way in hell I would have done it...unless I felt it would be better to end it if that what happened.

She was upset and had all the predictable questions which I answered, and it took a couple years of small conversations over time before she came to understand, understand that this is who I am, can't do anything to change it. and came to tolerate it under certain ground rules she agreed on especially since I was the one who was wrong in hiding it from her.

Now that my wife's dementia is very advanced, I have retired, our sons are young adults at 20 and 22 and I am in a very strong position financially...I have have 6 years to settle all of this in my brain and I am nearly completely out and have a network of people I am out to for support on the day I go on Facebook and out myself to the world. Oh well that was my experience if it helps who knows. Good luck.
Go with the flow
SarahMicheline
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by SarahMicheline »

I guess you won't be venuring on to Dartmoor en femme? =;
“Rules are there to be broken…”
Hanna
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Hanna »

Congratulation Michelle,
I have many of the same feelings as you do and some similar experiences. I guess we all go through very similar situations. That's why I am enjoying C-H.com so much.
So I am now curious how telling your wife went. That is my next major concern also. She knows I dress at home,(which she does not care for) but not going out.
I am having some of the same experience going , thinking people spot me as a cross dresser, but then actually getting a compliment, or a thank you sweetie at the checkout line.
Michelle Diane
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Michelle Diane »

SarahMicheline wrote:I guess you won't be venturing on to Dartmoor en femme? =;
LOL No way, I'm not that brave. Anyway it looks like my planned weekend has hit a road block. The owner of the land has put a temp stop on allowing campers after a bunch of inconsiderate jerks left a load of trash on his land. I guess they've never heard of the "Leave No Trace" ideal.
Hanna wrote:Congratulation Michelle,
I have many of the same feelings as you do and some similar experiences. I guess we all go through very similar situations. That's why I am enjoying C-H.com so much.
So I am now curious how telling your wife went. That is my next major concern also. She knows I dress at home,(which she does not care for) but not going out.
I am having some of the same experience going , thinking people spot me as a cross dresser, but then actually getting a compliment, or a thank you sweetie at the checkout line.
Thanks Hanna,

Is that a photo of you as your avatar?....very nice indeed. Well here's where I have a confession. I haven't told my wife about my early morning trip to the post box and village shop. I was going to but after she said she would like it if I only dressed indoors until she's comfortable with the idea of me going out en-femme I decided to let sleeping dogs lie.

Personally for me as much as I try not to be when I went out en-femme I was self conscious about everything that makes Michelle...Is this outfit okay? does my makeup look okay? did I pick the wrong earrings?..etc I have this crazy idea that something is going to give me away as a guy dressed as a woman. Guess I've been lucky so far.

I see your from NC, I spent 5 years living in North Raleigh.