Ding Dong....Uh-oh the doorbell.

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Michelle Diane
Miss Emerald Goddess

Ding Dong....Uh-oh the doorbell.

Post by Michelle Diane »

the other day my wife went out so I thought it would be nice to get dressed for a while. so after some light makeup I picked out a jersey jaquard top in watermelon and a black pencil skirt with black ballet flats and hose. Some large hoop earring and a pendant along with a matching bracelet for the pendant I decided to snap a few photos on my phone when the doorbell went.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136256208 ... ed-public/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I took the photo the same instant as the doorbell went. Oh cr*p what do I do? we weren't expecting anyone. Should I ignore it hoping it would go away but it rang again. Plucking up the courage I went to the door and opened it to see a DPD van in the drive way. This terrified me as our usual driver Mike know both of us on sight and by name, what if it was him and he saw Michelle I would be well and truly outed. Luckily it wasn't Mike it was a relief driver. He smiled and said hello love I didn't think anyone was home, almost left with your package. I apologised saying I was out the back in the conservatory he said no worries and asked me for my name to enter into his handheld scanner so I said Michelle Mi**#$d and signed it as Michelle Mi**#$d. That was my first quasi official signature as Michelle. :)

My demeanour changed after I closed the door.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136256208 ... ed-public/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

YAY I managed to post a picture link without the damn picture showing up in the post. *-* *-*
One wears a mask for so long you forget who you are beneath it......I've now removed my mask.
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Ding Dong....Uh-oh the doorbell.

Post by Davita »

The question of course, is.... So Mike finds out, will he blab to everyone in the world or just to people that don't know you or the better half in the first place? If he blabs, who will he tell that would upset you?
{squeezes}
Davita
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Not to worry my love as you looked very nice and very passable *-*
Michelle Diane
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Michelle Diane »

Davita wrote:The question of course, is.... So Mike finds out, will he blab to everyone in the world or just to people that don't know you or the better half in the first place? If he blabs, who will he tell that would upset you?
Trouble is Mike is a very sociable guy we've even seen him stop his van just to pass the time of day with some of the villagers and he LOVES gossip. He keeps telling us about a woman at the other end of the village who's having an affair and hubby is none the wiser. Factor in that, as I've said in the past, this village is very conservative in it's views and I don't think they would take too well to the fact that the outsiders husband wears dresses and makeup. Joanne would be mortified if I was outed in the village. Put it this way Victorian values are alive and well in this little Devon village. :roll:

Carol Ann wrote:Not to worry my love as you looked very nice and very passable *-*
Thank you sweetie you've done wonders for my self esteem. (--)
One wears a mask for so long you forget who you are beneath it......I've now removed my mask.
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

I guess Mike isn't the best choice to get caught by is he? :) Uuummm wasn't there a king or duke or some other type of royalty known to be transgender? Sooooo just which Victorian values are you counter to? :) We can dream though can't we? Bummer that Mike would have to be the town crier.
{squeezes}
Davita
Michelle Diane
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Michelle Diane »

Well there's the 1st Duke of Buckingham who like clothes of the opposite sex. However there's still some debate as to whether he was a crossdresser or just a "dandy" of the time.

I guess I'm counter to the Victorian value of their strict code of social conduct and morality As they would say "It's not the done thing". Yeah Mike would make a perfect town crier, who needs the TV news or newspaper when you have Mike. But as you say we can dream.

Hugs,
Michelle.
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

What? The man of the house can't have a sister?
Disaster avoided, and you look lovely as well.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Sarah Beth
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Beth »

That's one of the reasons I am pretty leery about dressing to fully even at home. I live in a really small really conservative town and our UPS guy has been here for years and he knows who my parents and who my wife's cousins are. I am not sure if he would blab anything but I'm would not take the chance that you took. I'm glad it turned out okay for you.
"It takes all kinds of kinds"
Miranda Lambert
Michelle Diane
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Michelle Diane »

Eileen (SO) wrote:What? The man of the house can't have a sister?
Disaster avoided, and you look lovely as well.

Eileen
Thanks Eileen that's so nice of you. I know I'll never look as nice as the ladies here, but I'm happy.
I actually used that excuse when I went out dressed and walked to the village shop. :)

Sarah Beth wrote:That's one of the reasons I am pretty leery about dressing to fully even at home. I live in a really small really conservative town and our UPS guy has been here for years and he knows who my parents and who my wife's cousins are. I am not sure if he would blab anything but I'm would not take the chance that you took. I'm glad it turned out okay for you.
I had a similar problem with our UPS driver in Raleigh. Johnny was a nice guy but his girlfriend was the apt office manager so you can imagine the small talk between them two If I was seen dressed.

My heart was beating so fast I thought it was going to burst out of my chest during the whole time I was at the door.
Hanna
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Hanna »

Glad it worked out.
Maybe deep down you wanted to be seen/caught.
I know it's a tough hiding and lying all the time.
It would be nice if it was out there and people just accepted.
We are getting closer to it. Maybe the folks who don't accept, we don't need in our lives.
I know---easier said than done.
Anyhow you looked really fine and very acceptable.
Good luck to you.
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

It's great that luck is sometimes on our side Michelle. As all others have sais, you look very nice and presentable. Have the heart palpitations finished yet?
Requal
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

You are quite passable I do not think you have any worries as evidence by how the driver acted and what he said, "Hello Love...".
Go with the flow
Michelle Diane
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Michelle Diane »

Hanna, I think maybe on some deep down subconscious level I wanted to be caught, like my recent trip to the postbox for example. I didn't need to go to the village shop en-femme I could have come home changed and gone back out...but no I went fully dressed instead.

Requal Jo, LOL yes lady luck was certainly sitting on my shoulder that day for sure, yes my heart finally calmed down a while afterwards. :) it seemed like ages.

Thank you Anne, I'm wondering if drivers are just accustomed to seeing so many people in one day that all the faces blur into one giant gestalt entity. I know Jonny our UPS driver in Raleigh said some day's he would have up 300 stops to make.

A side note here. I don't like the way my hair is growing out and I can't have my wife's stylist do anything overtly femme with it as I switch between genders and the sort of hairstyle I'd like involves bangs (fringe). So I'm seriously looking at wigs and getting a guy haircut.