Feeling brave (or foolish) with my wife

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Tracey D

Feeling brave (or foolish) with my wife

Post by Tracey D »

I've never been totally busted dressing by my wife....but... I shave my legs....no problem...I shave my armpits....no problem...left a cute little top out once...covered nicely (a rag from work)...she asked me and then said "not that I care" hmmmm knows I prefer women's panties due to "comfort".....bought me men's bikini briefs. Last episode- thanks to my old friend Vino...I showed her my painted toenails. I thought they were an absolute masterpiece! I said I was bored and did it for fun. She....well...said it was weird. She told me not long after that, that she thought I was a crossdresser....duh...yah think? We don't delve into it as she knows I'm the type to go overboard with things and doesn't want to open that door. Thinking she's right. Guess she prefers not to know and it's probably just as well.
Does anyone else have a suspecting but reluctant partner?
Alisa
Miss Emerald Goddess

Re: Feeling brave (or foolish) with my wife

Post by Alisa »

Hi Tracey,
No question in my case but reluctant for sure.

Hugs,
Alisa
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Tracey, when your wife suggested you might be a cross dresser, how did you respond? Obviously, she accepts the many feminine traits you have now. She knows you dress but doesn't want to embarrass you in case she's wrong.
Tracey D wrote: Does anyone else have a suspecting but reluctant partner?
You, Tracey, are the reluctant partner. Even if you're not sure of your own feelings, open up and have the discussion.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

I think Eileen is right - as usual.
Your wife opened the door for that conversation Tracey, giving you the chance to tell her everything. So did you chicken out and pretend you're not a crossdresser? That will only make it harder for you to admit it later, and there is always a later. If that's the case, then you could go to her and say "I was thinking about what you said the other day, and you might be right." And then go from there.
But right now you are not giving her accurate information about your real motivations, so it's not fair for you to claim that she prefers not to know, and that she is reluctant to accept it.
Joan Grey
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Joan Grey »

Tracey D wrote:Does anyone else have a suspecting but reluctant partner?
While we've talked about the subject a couple of times lately, she has made it abundantly clear that she would, at the very least, not condone such behavior, and at worst, would contact a lawyer. Reading between the lines tends to bring me to the conclusion it's "man up or get out". I can take a hint....
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

That's too sad, Joan. Your wife is missing out on a world of fun. Quite the opposite of Mrs. Tracey's attitude. I can attest that a CD husband is still 'all man'. :wink: She should have little to worry about.

Tracey, have the conversation asap, you'll both feel better for it. Broaching the subject is the hardest part, but your wife has already done so. She'll have lots of questions, so be prepared to answer.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Hmmm... so I've been pondering this question for a few days now. A suspecting, but reluctant partner?

Reluctant in term of accepting? YES

Suspecting? I don't think so.

Have I tried having the discussion? Yes. She even tried to accept, but couldn't. Over the years, my CDing has progressed and its getting to the point where it is becoming difficult to hide. I am expecting that one day, the truth will come out - but till then, I guess I'll just keep believing that ignorance is bliss.
Hanna
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Hanna »

Kimberly,
I believe we, and probably many others are in the same situation. I've been on and off dressing since a teenager. Married now for 34 years. About 5 months ago my wife caught me dressing. We have a good talk after watching a movie about a cross dresser. That kinda broke the ice a bit for me.
My wife does not care for my dressing, but knows I still do it. She now calls 15-30 minutes before she comes home.
I think what may have helped me, is that I told how long I have been dressing, and that nothing has changed, during that time and have no plans on leaving her or loving her any less or differently.
She said to me - well as long as you don't go out and the neighbors don't know --ok.
I then told I have been going out a few times. In a town about 35 miles away, and that I am careful.

So life goes on, we still love , cuddle and kiss every day.
Good luck, if she loves you, and is a bit intelligent, I think you will be fine.
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

I am honest with my wife and she knows that I am a crossdresser. However, while she tolerates my dressing, she still remains undecided. With small steps I am winning down her tolerance. Honesty is the best policy.
Requal
Michelle Diane
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Michelle Diane »

Suspecting? Well nope seeing as my wife walked into the bathroom and there I was.

Reluctant? Good grief no. Ever since she met Michelle she's been 150% behind me. In fact I had to rein her in a bit as she was going too far too fast for me to feel comfortable. I wasn't quite ready to be the "girlfriend to go shopping with" as she was.
One wears a mask for so long you forget who you are beneath it......I've now removed my mask.
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

Michelle!! why would you reign her in????? There is nothing better than a fun day of shopping with a girlfriend. My motto is: the only limit to shopping is the one on the credit card :)

Seriously though, that is really great that your wife is 150% for you. I'm pretty sure most of us are jealous of you - I know I am.