Romper Party

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Debbie Jean
Account Deactivated at Member's Request

Romper Party

Post by Debbie Jean »

I live in southern Mn where summers are extremely short, leading us "natives" to do some wild and crazy things in order to cram as much fun as possible into as short of a time as we have.

I used to think my favorite summer things all began with the letter "B" (baseball, bikinis, beer, bratwurst, binoculars, beaches, barbecue etc.), until I discovered the "R"-word, yeah ROMPERS! The next door neighbors (also a CDing couple) got together with my wife and I for a little picnic, all four of us dressed in our rompers! We had a little barbecue, sat together on our back deck and watched a gorgeous sunset. After it got dark, we set up for some back yard movies.

I have a couple of questions, and would like some feed back.
#1 Does anybody else do double dating with another cross dressing couple or couples? Anybody do public group activities as part of a CDing club?
#2 What about wearing rompers in public? I mean they're not an undergarment, but are worn over panties and bra. I think they should be OK anywhere shorts and tank top are OK. What do you think?

thanks for your time,
Deb
April Rose
Miss Golden Goddess

Re: Romper Party

Post by April Rose »

I think it would be just awesome to have a next door neighbor who was a C.D. :sigh:
I am a vessel of the Goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.
KymmieL
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by KymmieL »

April Rose wrote:I think it would be just awesome to have a next door neighbor who was a C.D. :sigh:
yeah, It would.

Kymmie
Paulette
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Paulette »

Yes, it would.
~ Paulette
~ just lucky, I guess.
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Responding to your questions, Deb.
#1 My guy does have meetings and some SO's attend. Sometimes they go to a dinner or a bowling event. While I enjoy meeting other wives, I can't consider this double dating. It would be interesting to have a CD couple as neighbors, next door is too close for my comfort level.

2# What the heck are rompers? The onesies that toddlers wear or more like short pant, bib overalls?
Wouldn't all four of you in similar clothing spoil the cross dressing mood?

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Bernice
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Bernice »

April Rose wrote:I think it would be just awesome to have a next door neighbor who was a C.D. :sigh:
Add me to the list!

Rompers? Ewe, ickk. :sick: I've bought rompers at garage sales, and then converted them to tunics/micro dresses.

There's just no getting around my distaste for bifurcation.

Hugs,

Bernice
Debbie Jean

Post by Debbie Jean »

So some may ask the question: what are rompers.

Since I'm relatively new to this site and don't know much about posting links to other sites showing pictures (I'm very computer illiterate), I'll just have to do with a verbal description. Rompers are a one piece garment that the wearer steps into. They may or may not have belts at the waist. The bifurcated (bottom half) is like wearing short shorts (or longer shorts, depending on the style). The top half is usually (but not always) sleeveless. Definitely not a garment worn for warmth. Rompers are not undergarments, but are worn over panties and bra. Depending on leg length they can be worn with or without stockings or pantyhose. Depending on the type of fabric and also the cut, rompers can vary from cute to very sexy. Some may have lace or ruffled trim, however most don't. I personally find them very comfortable and fun to wear, both public and private.

hope that helps,
Deb
April Rose
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by April Rose »

This also brings up the question: How did you find out your neighbor cross dressed, and how did he find out about you?
I am a vessel of the Goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.
Debbie Jean

Post by Debbie Jean »

April Rose, to answer your Q, my neighbor happened to see me take the garbage out one night after dark. I must have triggered their motion lite, which when lit illuminates a corner of my yard too. The neighbor (wife) happened to be sitting outdoors (in the dark) on their deck having a smoke. Her husband doesn't smoke, and he won't allow it indoors. I happened to be wearing my favorite tennis skirt (white pleated) and a red tank top with tons of glitter on it. So she called me over and informed me that her husband was "into that" too. We've been fun neighbors ever since. That happened about a year ago.

More on rompers: There is one problem you need to be aware of, if you're going to wear them; torso length. Basically same problem as with wearing a teddy. Women's torsos tend to be shorter and legs longer than a man of the same height. I know that first hand because my wife and I are about the same height (within an inch), but she has the car seat about 5 inches further back than my seat. I jokingly call her "Long legged Sally".

Too short of a romper (or teddy) can be quite uncomfortable for a male, if you know what I mean. One way around that would be to get rid of the crotch. They do make rompers with a mini-skirt on the bottom instead of short shorts, or you can make your own that way if you're good with a sewing machine.

A word of caution here, if you go that (mini-skirt) route there is nothing to keep the darn thing from riding up and showing what you're wearing underneath. I'm not saying that's good, I'm not saying that's bad, I'm staying neutral on that issue but merely bringing it to your attention.

hope that helps,
Deb