Love ballet flats?

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Wesley
Miss Emerald Goddess

Love ballet flats?

Post by Wesley »

Interesting article. . .

http://www.wmagazine.com/story/instagra ... l_facebook" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
April Rose
Miss Golden Goddess

Re: Love ballet flats?

Post by April Rose »

I love ballet flats. I have several pairs. These are an interesting take on them. I have recently seen them on several different young guys in the Boston area, who were not otherwise dressed femme in any way. Just the usual black tee & jeans or shorts.
I am a vessel of the Goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.
Wesley
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Wesley »

I know there is a fellow as of late who has garnered a few articles about wearing ballet flats openly. I am not even quite sure what we can and cannot link to these days.

I do have the pleasure of wearing ballet flats out and about with black or regular jeans, and have not had any problems. . . or even funny looks!
Alisa
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Alisa »

When this trend first started I was like yuk... heels make you legs look sooooo much better why would anyone what to wear flats. Over time I've come to appreciate the look a little more.
Della
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Della »

Ballet flats, and I include sandals, are just so much more practical than heels. I never even wanted heels until I was 30, and I had been seriously CD since 20.

Of course, they are more comfortable and stable, more durable, and less likely to damage flooring or furniture (when things get wild). But they are also QUIET. I am sure we all love the "clickety-clack" of heels on a hard surface when we want to declare a little femininity. Yet what if you live above a nosey downstairs neighbor. That "clickety-clack" is gonna get you busted for something. I know that from personal experience.

Even now, heels are just for special occasions. Otherwise, it's flats.
Laycee
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Laycee »

As much as I love open toes, I would have to say ballet flats are adorable!
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

I have a couple pair some mary janes in a brown by Clark's, some by easy street, and a couple pair of sandals, also some that are very casual soft fabric and leather in black like black mary jane's they are practical and comfortable and definitely fit with jeans or slacks a girl does not have to wear heels every where, heels are very pretty and feminine but if you are working or doing a lot of walking why heels!? Just like wearing a skirt or a dress all the time? Sometimes we wear shorts, capri's, jeans or slacks...our flexible wardrobe allows us to dress for whatever is appropriate depending and on our mood....I love wearing flats and ballet pumps around the house.
Go with the flow
Michelle Diane
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Michelle Diane »

Another fan of ballet flats here. I've only got two pairs at the moment one black leather and the other red fabric. I must say they are the most comfortable shoes male or female that I own. Kind of like well worn in slippers you can wear out. I wore the black ones to the village shop the other day paired with jeans and T-shirt and no one noticed them.
One wears a mask for so long you forget who you are beneath it......I've now removed my mask.