I had a flat tire!

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

LeeAnne
Miss Silver Goddess

I had a flat tire!

Post by LeeAnne »

I was downtown doing some research. Nobody notices or cares what you wear in a big city library. I was parked on the street at a meter. I came out to find my car had a flat tire. I was kind of dressed. Ladies light weight jacket in neutral color, but with a hood. Clearly a ladies jacket. Blue button down and light tan pants that gather at the ankle. Pants and shirt nobody would know or care, but I had on brown girly loafers and I always wear ladies socks. These with the jacket made it really obvious!

I saw the tire, panicked and was just about to die! Quickly regrouped and decided to change the tire very quickly! I was struggling getting spare tire and jack out of the trunk when a guy riding a bicycle stopped to help. Yes I was embarrassed, but he did not let on at all. We made small talk, and he would not let me help at all. He was friendly, and kept saying how glad he was to help. I was thanking him over and over. When he was done he would not let me pay him. I really felt relieved, accepted, and grateful.

Since then I have been thinking how nice it is to be the Damsel in Distress! Don't really want to take a chance with another flat tire, but it was nice. I also began to notice how I play the weaker sex even with my wife. Can't open jars, need help carrying heavy things. Most of the time she'll just carry it herself, and say something like, "you shouldn't be carrying that let me do it!" I also realized how much I like being the weaker sex. Even so far as I would rather her drive and order at restaurants for me.

Has any one else had Damsel in Distress moments? And do you also like being the weaker sex?
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: I had a flat tire!

Post by Emily »

LeeAnne wrote:Has any one else had Damsel in Distress moments? And do you also like being the weaker sex?
It was great that you had someone there to help you out, LeeAnne, and I know what you're saying, but I would be cautious using the term "the weaker sex". <<^o^>>

Women and men have obvious physical differences but in no way does that imply or suggest that one is stronger than the other. Each individual has his or her own strength and weakness, and personally, I just don't believe in the 'damsel in distress syndrome'. But I do believe that sometimes, someone needs help - man or woman. I've known plenty of guys in "distress" situations... heck, been there myself a few times. It's just a matter of helping each other out, plain and simple. Again, not trying to take away from the fact that you did help while dressed - that part is awesome! Just be careful using these particular terms... 8-[

In this case, I guess my answer to your question would be a resounding 'no'! :P
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

As a member of the weaker sex, I may need help with a new jar lid, but I kill my own spiders. Your young Galahad may have taken you as a woman or just someone nicely dressed and he likes to help people.

Yes, it is nice for men to open doors or help with excess packages, but I'm not helpless either. It's annoying when help is offered for minor chores when I'm perfectly capable of doing for myself. I know how to change a tire, my biggest fear is not getting the bolts tight enough. My Daddy taught me how to drive, basic maintenance, and emergency repairs. Still, I'd hate to have to change a tire all dressed up. Where's my guy then? Help!

You and wife's relationship is intriguing though. Does she enjoy being the dominant partner to your weaker side?

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martha G »

I had dropped my car keys and they were slightly under my car. I was in a somewhat tight skirt and was having difficulty bending down. A young man who was a student asked me if I need help and I said yes.

He addressed me as M'am and was very polite. He handed me my keys and gave me a very nice smile.. I thanked him very much.

I could tell that he thought that I was a mature woman.

I enjoyed being a damsel in distress at that time.

When I dress as a woman I become a woman. Thus I do enjoy being the weaker sex.
I AM NOW A WOMAN- I FOUND MYSELF
LeeAnne
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by LeeAnne »

Eileen (SO) wrote:You and wife's relationship is intriguing though. Does she enjoy being the dominant partner to your weaker side?
Eileen,

Yes, it seems she does most of the time. We still haven't had "the talk" yet, but I working on it! She has to know that I dress, and has bought me female things, but we just don't, or haven't yet, talked about it.
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Instead or weaker sex, use fairer sex. This isn't a strength contest.
LeeAnne wrote: Yes, it seems she does most of the time. We still haven't had "the talk" yet, but I working on it! She has to know that I dress, and has bought me female things, but we just don't, or haven't yet, talked about it.
With all due respect, LeeAnne, what the heck are you 'working' on? The fear is in your own head. She's buying you girlie things already. She knows and accepts to some degree right now. Your dear wife would like for you to open up a bit so she can be a part of your hidden life.

I'm way off topic now. Find a way to start the conversation and allow her to ask all the questions, and have the answers.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

I would likely have died too but if someone wanted to dive in because they kind of lumped me in with damsels...then I would have been very appreciative. That being said I take care of myself kind of a rugged individualist which I tend to prefer. I am who I am...dressed however my personality does not change...I suppose when feminine gender feelings come I enjoy them, enjoy dressing and expressing my feminine side and I do believe I am more relaxed, perhaps more sensitive and open internally but that is a marginal thing.
Go with the flow