I did it!

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

I did it!

Post by Emily »

I finally worked up the courage and the confidence to go out in public last night dressed up en femme!

What a feeling! After a bit (ok, a lot) of thinking and contemplating YES - NO - YES - NO, I finally just got out of the car and walked into the store. It was weird, and almost felt surreal, like in a dream. I guess it was about at that moment that I realized that I WAS ACTUALLY DOING THIS!!!

OK, so it was just a quick in and out of the neighbourhood Shoppers, but I bought a couple of things... did a little bit of browsing. Was there for maybe about ten or fifteen minutes. Zero incidents, zero reactions... I would get a look for a quick second before who ever it was went back to focusing on whatever it was they were doing - really, no different than if I were in drab, just like I was a regular person just doing some regular shopping.... At least that's my perception, LOL! Imagine that. :P

I know its not like I went out for an entire day, or to a busy shopping mall but its one step at a time, right? Just one year ago, there's no way I would have even fathomed that I would be stepping out of the house, let alone going into a shop! I believe that this will get much easier with time and patience. Look out, this lady is on the loose!! rotf
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Re: I did it!

Post by KimberlyS »

=D> \:D/ Wonderful for you. Glad it went well for you. Yes it gets much easier after that.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Penelope Carol
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Penelope Carol »

Well done Lexi, it's a major step but once you've taken it you know you can take it again and again, as many times as you like. Busy places can be the best places to go dressed because there are more people around to draw everyone else's attention away from you - but you will invariably find that nobody really cares anyway ``5
Penny
Carole Hill
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Carole Hill »

The first time that you are out in pubic while en femme is definitely a unique experience! The "bad news" is that you will be anxious to do it again. You are right to take things one step at a time. Plan each outing carefully as to what you will wear, what image will you be projecting, where will you be going, will you blend in.

My approach to this was that I thought of myself as someone who would be playing the role of a woman and what did I need to do in order to be convincing in my portrayal.

Good luck and enjoy!
Hugs, Carole
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

=D> So happy your first foray into the light went so well Lexi. As they say every journey begins with a single step which is the most difficult. Here's to hoping every step on your journey is better than the previous one.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Thank you so much for all the advise and the support, ladies! It really means a lot. :)

I am sure the next outing will be easier and I'm already starting to plan. I'm thinking that I might go to a mall next time! There really isn't anything I need, but I can browse and maybe do a little Christmas shopping... Carole is right - this is kind of like "bad news" because I am already anxious to do it again, LOL! :P

But there's no big rush... just need to have a bit of patience. :)
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

Congratulations Lexi! It hasn't been that long since I took that first step into the daylight and I still remember how scary it can be. As several have already told you it gets a little easier every time. Good luck on your future outings and please keep us posted.
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Thank you, Heather! :)

Future outing happened last night - purely just coincidence. Wasn't planning on going out, but the opportunity presented itself, so why not take advantage? :mrgreen:

I got all dressed up in a long black and purple colour block sweater tunic, black leggings and boots with an infinity scarf. Had to go down to the grocery store to pick up a few things, so why not go en femme? It was amazing! I really felt free and femme. Especially in the women's section of Joe Fresh... shopping en femme is so much better than in drab! :lol: Other women were there too and I really, truly felt that I blended in.

I must have been in the store for 30 minutes or so and it didn't seem like any one cared or even really noticed - except maybe for one young lady... She just seemed to be looking a bit too long. But she was so far away that I can't say for sure. Otherwise, it was an awesome experience. I just may never go shopping in drab again! :P
Hanna
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Hanna »

Good for you Lexi.
I remember the first time out, which wasn't that long ago. What a HIGH I got from it.
And the GOOD NEWS is that I did not want to go back home. And of course it's easier and just as much fun to go out again.
I was told that you have to , in addition to being dressed as best you can, is to have the right attitude.
It helps so much. Even if you don't quite pass, or you think that you don't, your attitude and a nice smile will usually get you right through it.
And probably get you a nice smile in return.
ENJOY, ENJOY.
Hanna
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Hanna »

Good for you Lexi.
I remember the first time out, which wasn't that long ago. What a HIGH I got from it.
And the GOOD NEWS is that I did not want to go back home. And of course it's easier and just as much fun to go out again.
I was told that you have to , in addition to being dressed as best you can, is to have the right attitude.
It helps so much. Even if you don't quite pass, or you think that you don't, your attitude and a nice smile will usually get you right through it.
And probably get you a nice smile in return.
ENJOY, ENJOY.
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Thank you, Hanna!

You are absolutely right... its all about attitude as well as self confidence. This was a particularly strong piece of advise given to me by a dear friend on this forum!

With the right attitude and that all important self confidence, you will go places! It will be fun and it will be an adventure!

Can't wait to do it again (and again... and again...)! :mrgreen:
Stephanie M
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Stephanie M »

I've done it twice. Once on Halloween several years ago and recently, this October I dressed as Frank N Furter at a stage production of Rocky Horror picture show pics available if anyone is interested :mrgreen: . I'm toying with the idea of dressing for new years eve.
Well, we all have a face
That we hide away forever
And we take them out
And show ourselves when everyone has gone
Deanna
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Deanna »

That is an inspiring story, Lexi. I'm still mustering the courage to be out in public let alone be seen by anyone closer than 50 feet at this point. I don't think I'm passable as a female with face or voice, but I think it boils down to confidence. Years ago I would have never done what I have experienced in the last few weeks with dressing up. It's quite exhilarating!
Estefania
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Estefania »

Great Lexi!!
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Thank you, ladies! :)
Deanna wrote:That is an inspiring story, Lexi. I don't think I'm passable as a female with face or voice, but I think it boils down to confidence.
Deanna, I would have never been able to get out if it were not for the support and encouragement from the girls here on this forum and in chat. I try to dress to blend and I try my best to pass... but it really does come down to confidence. Keep your head up! Be fabulous! I know I need to work on my mannerisms, etc... but so far, I haven't had a negative experience. I was out for a third time last week and each time just keeps getting better. Its really just my voice that makes me loose some of that confidence, so I try to keep the talk to a minimum, LOL!

BTW, you look very nice in your latest avatar pic, Deanna!