Closet organization

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Estefania
Miss Platinum Goddess

Closet organization

Post by Estefania »

It may be kind of silly, but one of the things I have enjoyed quite a bit in the past is being able to organize my femme stuff. I like organizing my Clark Kent closed as well, but it is not exactly as enjoyable! :) I like organizing my wife's closet better!

How about you? Is it something you enjoy doing?

Gaby

(Closet views)

http://i.imgur.com/XlHlaRR.jpg , http://i.imgur.com/dKhY2YA.jpg , http://i.imgur.com/NNzS1d2.jpg
Hanna
Miss Emerald Goddess

Re: Closet organization

Post by Hanna »

Gaby- is that your wife's wardrobe or yours?
Estefania
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Estefania »

It is all my stuff Hanna. Or more accurate, was at a high point. I got a lot of things on ebay then sell a lot of stuff on ebay as well, donated many things, gave away others, etc.
Wesley
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Wesley »

Gaby,

I see I am not the only one who saves all my shoe boxes! It does seem to keep them in better condition and shoes from accumulating dust!
Estefania
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Estefania »

Indeed Wesley. I keep them for that reason and also because I do a lot of ebay buying/selling. It is kind of a plus when you can ship shoes in the original box. :)
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

I always save and use the shoe and boot boxes. Makes storage easier and keeps them together.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

If you saw either one of my closets, you'd find the answer to be NO!!!!!! :)
DonnaT
Estefania
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Estefania »

Diana, it sure does!

Donna, well, next time I'm in town, I will help you organize, for a small fee! :mrgreen:
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

I hang things in order, dresses, skirts, tops, and have the non hanging items organised in the draws. Possibly a throw back from my Defence days.

I did keep the shoe boxes to use later, then I only have 3 pairs of shoes.
Requal
Cathey
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Cathey »

and I thought I had a big wardrobe #-o
you have some very lovely outfits :?
Bernice
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Bernice »

I guess I am far more OCDC than the rest of you. I designed and built a database of most all of our clothes (except my wife's jeans, which all look alike). I keep track of where everything was last inventoried, body measurements, colors, seasons, fabric, descriptions, a maximum and minimum body weight for each item, and even a photograph (headless) of (mostly me, some the SO) modelling same. There are still 64 items I can't model due to being misplaced or too small. There are 2293 records, although there may be a few duplicates I haven't found, and 1032 items have been deleted (with disposal data retained).

That's not to say that I've kept the database up to date every week, or ever month, or even every season, but it is a start, and a great reference.

Hugs,

Bernice
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

We are so jealous, Gaby! Our tiny home was built in the 30's when most folks had three sets of clothing. One for work, one for shopping, one for Sunday-go-to-meeting.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

I am starting to enjoy organizing and housekeeping more lately. A big part of it is that I'm now living in my house where I expect to stay. So I can make everything the way I want it with no regard for any other's opinion.
But I think more importantly, it's fun to play with my clothes, and it's fun looking at what I have, thinking about what else I should have, deciding what to give away because I never wear it, or because I won't lose the 20 pounds necessary to fit into it, or lose the 30 years necessary to look good in it.
Last weekend I spent moving all the summer outfits into the cedar chest and bringing out all the winter outfits. Now my goal is to wear every winter outfit at least once before it's time to put them away again. Seems like that shouldn't be so hard, but I have at least 20 dresses that qualify as "winter style".
But the great thing about reorganizing closets is that I get to look through everything again and remind myself what I have. One of the greatest things is to get to the bottom of a stack, find something and say "wow, this is really cute! I forgot I have this, I'm going to wear it this evening."
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

I love old houses but one of the bad part of them is lack of closets or closet space. Our house is one that was built without a closet as they used dressers or wardrobes. So the closets we have are make shift, narrow, and small. My wife wants us to take over the smallest bedroom and make a walk-in closet.

Ralitsa, agree going through clothes twice a year would have its perks of remembering what I have.

kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

I lately invented myself a new religion, and the two big holidays are at the spring and the fall equinoxes. The spring I set as the beginning of the new year, and part of the celebration is to have a big bonfire and burn everything from past years that you feel is holding you back in some way. This includes any old outfits - which of course means that it clears up some closet space for a new shopping trip! Oh yeah, and the other things is that everyone has to wear a totally new outfit on the new year, because you can't start off a new year in an old outfit - duh!!
So now each spring and fall I need to take inventory, move my summer dresses into storage and bring out the sweater dresses, burn anything I hate, and go shopping for a new outfit!