Comments from cashiers or sales people.

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Stephanie M
Miss Platinum Goddess

Comments from cashiers or sales people.

Post by Stephanie M »

Has anyone ever received any comments from the cashier or a sales person when you picked up something pretty at the store when dressed as a man?

It's only ever happened to me twice while buying panties at Wal Mart. The first was a lady who saw my package of panties mixed in with a bunch of boring stuff. She said something tells me these aren't for you. I said actually they are they are very comfortable. I think she thought I was kidding because she chuckled.

The second was a guy who rang them up and said something like doing the wife's bidding today?, he obviously assumed they were for her, and I just nodded and laughed.

I've never had a negative experience while buying, had a really good experience at payless, and usually they just ring them up with everything else without seeming to notice or care, but I suspect when you ring things up all day you probably really don't pay attention to what people are buying.
Well, we all have a face
That we hide away forever
And we take them out
And show ourselves when everyone has gone
Martina Hall
Miss Golden Goddess

Re: Comments from cashiers or sales people.

Post by Martina Hall »

Most cashiers are too busy to worry about it. And some may wonder, but rightfully consider it none of my business. One exception was a cashier at a store where I was buying condoms. ( A DOZEN!) She handed my change to me and said in a suggestive semi whisper, " Have a wonderful evening, now."
As far as women's clothes, usually they don't say anything. As it should be.
I AM my own hot girlfriend.
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

I do my Requal shopping in male clothing and I have never had a negative reaction from anyone.

One time buying a pair of shoes the cashier said "they would suit you well".

My reply was "yes they would. I like them very much".

She looked shocked and embarrassed and smiled while saying "goodbye".

A little joke on her behalf that did not go the way she thought it would.
Requal
Stephanie M
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Stephanie M »

She may have thought you were joking.
Well, we all have a face
And we take them out
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

I've had one or two compliments from cashiers regarding specific items that I was buying - nothing negative to my recollection.

One of the best comments I received happened several years ago... 2007 I think it was. I was at a thrift store and found this beautiful oriental styled dress. I brought it up to the counter and the as the cashier rang it up, she asked if it was for me. A little embarrassed, I quietly said "no" even though it was. "oh" she said, with a slight hint of despondency in her voice. Then she smiled brightly as if she knew... "what fun that would be!" It really put me at ease... I had a little laugh and kind of agreed that yes... it could be fun!

She was right!
Estefania
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Estefania »

Ah, the interactions with sales people.... I can't think of any bad experience while shopping. (Either as a guy or enfemme). Sure, did a lot of denying ("Oh yeah, it is for a gift") until I finally was able to get over with it. True, it is a lot easier when you are shopping far from home or getting a dress or a purse. But buying large size shoes it is kind of pointless (Not the same as open-toed *ha*) to pretend that they are for somebody else. Or a wig.

So, make sure your teeth are healthy and your smile is ready... and bite the proverbial bullet. Yes, it is for me. Once you can get over it, you will realize that more often than none, the sales ladies are going to be at least curious and many very willing to help you spending your money!

*hugs*
Gaby
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

I have never had a negative comment from a sales associate when purchasing femme clothes in male mode. In many cases if I have been interacting with them much they already have it figured out it is for me. Or I have asked to try it on so they definitely know it is for me. I have had some surprised or wondering looks when I am putting it on my Lane Bryant or Dress Barn card. :shock:

In my experience many sales associates have us figured out. I was at a Dressbarn about 15 years ago shopping in male mode and had several items in my arm while still shopping. A sales gal comes up to me and says "may I start you a room?" I stammered out a yes as she took them. As she walked away I reviewed my attire, defiantly male attire. I picked out a few more items and then got to try them all on. In the fitting room I was having a "is this really happening?" moment. The sales gal was very attentive while in the fitting room making sure if I needed a different size or something else. I end up getting some of the items.

I have had many other very positive experiences with the sales associates. \:D/
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

I used to shop for me and the better half at the same time. Back "in the day" I was drab and not out in the public yet. So a couple of times buying panties a cashier would notice I didn't have all the panties the same size and would tell me. I would thank them and simply say I know. I don't recall ever getting a puzzled look.

When I was in various stores looking for a dress or skirt or whatever a sales lady would walk over and ask if I needed help and I would say what I was looking for. Naturally her next question would be, "what size is she?" I would put my hand on top of my head and say, "oh she's about this size." It was like an instant "ah ha" moment with many sales ladies not pausing to begin the helping.
{squeezes}
Davita
Stephanie M
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Stephanie M »

It's nice see no one so far has had a negative experience while shopping.

Next question has another customer ever given you a dirty look or said something while you were shopping in the ladies department?

I've gotten a few dirty looks over the years, but no one has ever said anything.
I believe I may have chased off a woman at Payless the other day she saw me browsing in the ladies isle and she left abruptly.
Well, we all have a face
And we take them out
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

I have had a couple of customer situations with other customers that stick out for me. The first one I was in a Target store, male mode, browsing the bras and a lady with a young kid in her cart comes into the the same isle I was in. I just kept browsing and she was looking at the bras and then she asks me a question about the bra she had. It was an basic bra question if I remember correctly and I answered her and thought to myself why is she asking me, a guy. Then she kept asking me more questions which lead to a bra fit discussion and me encouraging her to get fitted. I do not remember if she took a bra or not, but then she was gone. I stood there thinking, "did that just happen".

The second situation I was out of town on business and stopped at a Victoria Secret store to browse. I was in male mode and had tried on bras at other VS stores in male mode. Well I ended up in the fitting room of this store also trying on bras and when I came out the sales gal met me at the door coming out. One worked and one did not and I gave that to her. As I came out there is a guy across the store glaring at me, he turns to the gal he is with and and seems to be trying to get her to look at me and he is definitely upset with the fact I just came out of the fitting rooms. He goes between looking at me and trying to talk to the gal he is with but she just seems to keep shopping and not care. There are many other shoppers in the store and none of them seem to care I am there. I take my bra and wait in line to pay like 4-5 deep as the store is busy and chat with the gals in line, and they do not seem to care. But the whole time since coming out of the fitting room this guy has been staring and glaring at me every time I look his way. Maybe he was jealous I got to try on some bras and take one home and he did not get to.

Smile and enjoy. You can diffuse a lot by smiling and saying hi. Also my experience is relax, act like a shopper, be a shopper, be treated like a shopper.

And Enjoy!
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Interesting stories, Kimberly! That guy at VS... oh yeah, totally jealous, LOL! :yes:

Stephanie M wrote:Next question has another customer ever given you a dirty look or said something while you were shopping in the ladies department?
Nope, never. :no:

However, I usually make sure that "the coast is clear" before I wander down an isle... especially while in the intimates section. No negativity even if its not possible, or when someone shows up beside me. Just carry on, business as usual. :mrgreen:
Stephanie M
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Stephanie M »

I usually try to make sure the coast is clear but if someone shows up I try to look like I'm picking up something for the wife and disinterested in the merchandise.
Well, we all have a face
And we take them out
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

I can't recall any bad instances with other customers, but then humans like to forget bad things. Most times I'm just a shopper like Kimberly said. If I notice what some one is looking for and I saw it elsewhere I might ask what size the person is looking for and tell them where I saw it. I ask opinions if someone is looking at the same thing I am. I might ask if they know if the item is true to size or not. Catch me in a DSW or Off Broadway and I see a nice pair of shoes being tried on, I'll let the other lady know if they look good. Once in awhile I get feedback like I give.

I remember once in a DSW a young couple were looking at shoes and I happened to be trying on one while drab (I think it was a nice pump); they noticed and they bubbled over to tell me they were looking for shoes for him. It was close to Halloween. They asked if I was shopping for Halloween too. "No, I just wanting some new shoes." Didn't phase them a bit and off they went to continue their hunt.
{squeezes}
Davita
Stephanie M
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Stephanie M »

Another question, when you go shopping in a department store do you go straight to the ladies wear, or do you gradually make your way there?

I used to roam the store and pick up a few "normal" items then work my way to the lingerie section. Lately I've been more "brave" and have just grabbed a basket and headed straight for what I was after and even linger a bit and look at stuff.
Well, we all have a face
And we take them out
Sarah Beth
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Beth »

I honestly don't know how you all can not have ever had a bad experience with it. I guess maybe I just run to bad luck but I have had several occasions where I was face with less that friendly salespeople. Most recently was at a Dress Barn store which has such a reputation for being cd/tg friendly. I was basically asked to leave even though I had never said I was shopping for me and it wasn't like I was acting creepy I was just looking at dresses that were on sale. The clerk came and asked if my wife was coming in soon and I said no its just me and she said then you should wait until she can come in with you.

A couple of years ago I was in a Sear store my wife was with me and I found some panties that were on sale. I fell for them I am sucker for panties with lace on them and my wife told me if they were for me I needed to pay for them. The first checkout I found anyone at happened to be in the men's section and the guy looked the panties and looked at me and pointed off and said someone in shoes will check you out then he turned around and walked away.

There are couple of other times things happened to but I won't go into all that.
"It takes all kinds of kinds"
Miranda Lambert