Grocery shopping.

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Stephanie M
Miss Platinum Goddess

Grocery shopping.

Post by Stephanie M »

Had a rare day off today so I went grocery shopping today in full femme. No one seemed to notice really or at least no one said anything.

I had some fun with the cashier and asked her to take my picture so I could prove I fulfilled the bet.
She said oh you lost?
I said nope I won, I was bet that I wouldn't go shopping like this.
She nervously laughed. I'm sure the staff will be telling the story of their interesting morning. :mrgreen:

I put a pic in the gallery.

If anyone is wondering no, I didn't go to our usual grocery store I went to another one we normally don't go to.
Well, we all have a face
That we hide away forever
And we take them out
And show ourselves when everyone has gone
Carole Hill
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Re: Grocery shopping.

Post by Carole Hill »

When people ask where they can go en femme I have often suggested grocery shopping. Most shoppers are so busy looking for what they want that they pay little attention to other people.

One can even go when wearing something nicer than slacks as women often make a quick trip to the store going to/from work or even a party. This does not mean that one should go when dressed in a "sexy/slutty" manner as that will attract unwanted attention.
Hugs, Carole
Angie G
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Angie G »

Well you did win. You go girl (--)
Angie
Wendae
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Wendae »

I shop frequently as Wendae. I always go well dressed. Skirt, blouse, heels or boots depending on the weather. Most s/a folks know me. Never had a problem although sometimes I get sired when shopping in new locations. I do ask them not to address me that way.
Look nice and go about your business. Stay out of biker bars! rotf
I believe I was a lesbian in my past life
Stephanie M
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Stephanie M »

Thanks Angie.
Well, we all have a face
And we take them out
Katrina
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Katrina »

Most cashiers I meet are always up for a chat just to make their day a bit more interesting.
Do everything in a good hearted friendly nature, and you will not only win them over, but give them something to talk about for the rest of their day, and it will make their day.
PhylissH
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by PhylissH »

So glad you had a day off and got to do something fun. I discovered a few years back that most people are to busy with their own life to pay much attention or say much.

I do enjoy grocery shopping as it such an ordinary thing to do.
Once I had a guy want to take a pic with me, He said tall women are so rare. ( I am 6'3" in my sandals )
" I would rather die while I am living than live when I am dead"

Texas CD, Best of both worlds,
Hugs Phyliss
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Carole Hill wrote: One can even go when wearing something nicer than slacks as women often make a quick trip to the store going to/from work or even a party.
Very true Carole, I can remember many a night back when I was working stopping at the grocery store on my way home to pick up something I needed or wanted. That was back in the days of skirted suits but trust me one dressed as such even back in the days of power suits for women drew a look or two.

I think I posted this somewhere else but it might bear repeating here. I live in a small town in northern Michigan where everyone knows everyone else. One evening I was on my way back from something or another but it was a more formal occasion and I had on a nice dress, dressy though not overtly sexy but the hem was above my knees and there was a touch of cleavage showing, with nice sheer hose and heels. It was warm so no coat or sweater. I remembered I needed something from the store a=so I stopped to pick it up. I had been in this store many times and never thought twice about it. Well the store was not that crowded as it was getting later, trust me they roll up the sidewalks around here about 8 PM except during tourist season, :lol: . It was amazing as I walked through the store because everyone I saw knew me still with my heels clacking on the tile floor I definitely was the center of attention.

So you are noticed even if you don't know it. :-k Ergo be aware of what you wear to the grocery store. :lol:
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

That was a well won bet Stephanie. It would have been a bet lost for me. Pleased to see that you enjoyed yourself.
Requal
Stephanie M
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Stephanie M »

There really wasn't a bet, I was just having fun and turned the old I lost a bet excuse around. :mrgreen:
Well, we all have a face
And we take them out
Linda S
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Linda S »

Carole Hill wrote:One can even go when wearing something nicer than slacks as women often make a quick trip to the store going to/from work or even a party. This does not mean that one should go when dressed in a "sexy/slutty" manner as that will attract unwanted attention.
That's a very good point. Around here, with a high percentage of women working, it's very common to see women dressed for the office at the supermarket, mall, etc. on a weekday afternoon or early evening. I often wear skirt suits for those outings. I love that "business babe" look - it makes me feel confident, powerful and sexy. A pantsuit doesn't do that for me - it reminds me too much of a man's suit. If I do wear pants, they have to be something unequivocally feminine, like skinny jeans.
Michelle Diane
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Michelle Diane »

I love grocery shopping femme and as other have already said no one pays attention to us, of course you might draw attention to yourself if you look like a member of ZZ Top in heels and a dress, but otherwise no. Now the weathers turned chilly here no more skirts it's femme jeans and a turtle neck with some low heel boots. Now I can stay and browse the makeup aisle as long as I want. Before it was scope out the area, pinpoint where my foundation and blush were then scoot in one end and grab...grab and out the other end. I've noticed guys in the makeup aisle looking at say lipsticks or eyeshadow do tend to draw the occasional sideways glance.

Of course what never gets old for me is interacting with other customers like someone reaches past you and they say "excuse me ma'am, sorry" and when you get to the checkout and the cashier addresses you in the feminine.
One wears a mask for so long you forget who you are beneath it......I've now removed my mask.
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

It is cold here but skirts are rarely seen even in the summer, just the occasional sundress. Doesn't mean it isn't time to wear a skirt but adjust it. Go with longer skirts, tights rather than no hose or sheer hose, and boots. Remember go with low heeled or riding boots during the middle of the day, save the heeled boots for the time when women are shopping on their way home from work
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Jean Ann
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Jean Ann »

I really love grocery shopping enfemme .
Especially in the summer . Grocery stores usually
have great air conditioning , so you get
to experience that coolness on the legs
when wearing shorts or skirt .
Most of the shopers are women . So there
is far less chance of an unwanted confrontation
Most , I have. met were too busy to
notice you or friendly . Some even curious !
I have found shorts top sandals light
make a perfect look

Jean Ann
8)
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

It is also fun other times of the year. I love to get out any time of the year and do the monthly shopping at the grocery store, Target, and other stores. And if you go to the hardware or lumber stores, it is surprising how much help suddenly shows up with a gal in a skirt and heels shopping. <-->
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.