Donating to our worthy cause

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Donating to our worthy cause

Post by Diana Michelle »

I don't know how many of you read all the posts here, I do. Silver Lady recently posted a very important one recently in Member Announcements. It is concerning the current situation and escalating costs of our little home here. I for one recently sent a donation and will again to keep this site up and running.

There are virtually 100's of sites out there in cyberspace aimed at the TG community however this one of the best by far. We have no trolls, lurkers, or tranny chasers bothering us and for that alone we should all be thankful. In addition we have the chat room where we can all get together, discuss, learn, and share ideas .

I am sure SL would be open to all suggestions and look into them but for now from what I gleaned from her post we are at a crisis point and we have to act now if we want to see CDH survive. The time is now for all of us to open our hearts and purses to insure a safe and welcoming place not only for ourselves but also those who follow us.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Bernice
Miss Golden Goddess

Re: Donating to our worthy cause

Post by Bernice »

I don't read all the posts here. If I read just one, it should be this one, or Silver Lady's post. I realize I've been here off and on for nearly forever, and so my perspective is heavily biased by that fact, but when I think about the help I have gotten, and the help I have tried to give, here on this site, and then I think about how even a so-so psychiatrist bills out at over $300 per hour, not stepping up seems positively unimaginable to me.

Perhaps our thinking should not be about what the site is worth to us personally, but rather what the site is worth to the community at large - sharing information and making the world a safer place.

Would you like to be part of making the world a better place?

Hugs,

Bernice
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Bernice wrote:Perhaps our thinking should not be about what the site is worth to us personally, but rather what the site is worth to the community at large - sharing information and making the world a safer place.

Would you like to be part of making the world a better place?
That sums it up very nicely, Bernice, as that is the purpose of the forum ... support for everyone in the community.

It is not 'inexpensive' to keep this forum online, those expenses are increasing and, sadly, I can no longer do it all by myself. It will require donations from the members to ensure this forum remains online. :(

To that end, I would like to extend a public "Thank You" to all those members who have 'stepped up' and sent in donations, those who have contacted me with promises to send in donations, as well as those who will contact me in the future. I will not 'name names' but they know who they are, and if they were here in front of me right now they would all get a huge hug for their generosity. =D>

Some members have remained totally anonymous (which is fine with me), and others have included their user name; those that have mentioned their user name will receive a 'thank you' PM. Either way, their information and privacy will always remain confidential and never shared. [-( :-$

As a reminder, anyone who is responding to the mass email - via email - are being redirected to contact me via PM within the forum, and that is to ensure that only actual members are contacting me (and not an email hacker or similar), thereby ensuring everyone's privacy.

(--)

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

Bernie, you are soooooo RIGHT!!!!!

When I think about the time I've spent, the help and advice I've gotten, the thought provoking questions raised, and (best of all) the unconditional acceptance and support from everyone here, I can't imagine why we ALL wouldn't do our part to keep this awesome site going. It's not just for us now, but everyone coming along now as well. As you said, now it's about making the world the sort of place we want it to be - a better place than what we endured for all those years.

And for comparison, all those high priced psychiatrists haven't been nearly as useful. So yeah, being able to connect here with everyone is so much more useful than talking to some $300/hr shrink (hope I haven't annoyed anyone there).

So I'd encourage all of us to give some good hard consideration to what this place means to us, and what we would do to keep it going.

Rali
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

My first contribution is in the mail....
Go with the flow
Bernice
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Bernice »

My second contribution is in the works... Not to brag, but hopefully to lead by example.

Hugs,

Bernice
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Brag away Bernice as we need to keep this subject in the forefront. We are in need to get funds both for monthly maintenance and to get a much needed software upgrade. Neither are cheap.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

It is time for me to send another check...hell, August is nearly here!!! Ok...will get it into the mail tomorrow...
Go with the flow
Bernice
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Bernice »

My reminder popped up again this evening. Time to ante up. June is coming whether we like it or not. Nothing in life is really free. Communism works great only until you run out of other people's money. It's not fair to dump the burden on Virginia and Silver Lady.

Give like this site is important to you!

Hugs,

Bernice
SharonRose
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by SharonRose »

I have made a donation as well. I hope those who have not done so will send in some money to keep this site going.
Your future is what you make of it, so make it a good one.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Thank you, ladies, for your generous donations which are greatly appreciated. :yes:

It is due to your generosity, and the generosity of other members who have decided to remain anonymous, that this forum will remain online for at least another year. =D>

That said, needed software upgrades (SSL certificate, new chat room software) cannot be made yet. :( The amount of donations coming in does not meet our current expenses, but does ease the financial burden. Yes, you read that correctly. I said 'financial burden' because the forum remains online not for my benefit, or Virginia's benefit, but for YOUR benefit.

Bernice said it best:
Nothing in life is really free. Communism works great only until you run out of other people's money. It's not fair to dump the burden on Virginia and Silver Lady.
All members need to ask themselves how much this forum means to them, and then please donate accordingly.

Again, a huge thank you to all the members who have donated, and continue to donate, towards the upkeep of this forum. This forum would not remain online without your generosity!

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Hi, yes I am here too and should consider helping out with another donation soon...Anne
Go with the flow