Your Favorite CDing Experience

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Your Favorite CDing Experience

Post by Diana Michelle »

I for one am taking up Kim's challenge to post at least one new topic every month. Had to think for a minute but an idea came to me so let's see what type of responses we get here.

Thinking back over all your experiences while dressed what is your favorite one? The one when you think back over it still brings a smile to your face? It may not be earth shattering or significant to anyone than you. To give you an idea I am going to dig back and relate one of my favorite ones.

I had been out for a bit and things had been both good and bad. It was a Saturday sometime in late 1977 and I was sitting around the apartment and realized many of the things I had worn on my adventures had been worn over and over and honestly needed to be laundered. I remember putting on my Gloria Vanderbilt jeans and getting all dolled up en femme before gathering up my things and heading to the laundromat. It was maybe half full but I found a couple of washers, separated my laundry into darks and lights and loading them into the washers. The thrill of pulling my change purse out and feeding quarters into the washers is beyond description even today.

I grabbed a copy of one of the women's magazines there and sat down as my wash then dryer progressed and thumbed through it. I admit though I snuck more than one peek at the people around going about their business paying no attention to me. There were even a couple of young career women there doing their laundry and while I didn't stare I did notice their laundry was really no different than mine was, blouses, skirts, a pair of slacks or two and some jeans. I do remember thinking wouldn't it be wonderful if this was an every week experience. Little did I know then.

That is one of mine and I am sure all of you have one or two as well. Like I said it can be as simple as mine or something more elaborate, there is no right or wrong here.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Your Favorite CDing Experience

Post by Anthony Simon »

I'm going to broaden the title as to "Your favourite CD-related Experience" - cos I prefer some of them to the ones where I'm actually dressed up (of course I've never actually been out dressed up)...

I was in Marks and Spencer looking at the corselettes (=bodyshaper) and this woman looked at me and said something like "At our age we need a bit of help". I just loved that. Here was this woman treating me like I was another woman. It was just such a little thing, but not...
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Anthony good adjustment. But now that expands my list I have to narrow down to just one..... ](*,)

kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

I had to think a bit, then I remembered I had already talked about it in the forum, http://crossdressers-haven.com/forums/v ... 00#p175193.
{squeezes}
Davita
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Knowing I desired to CD, and after a few years, finding clothes (mom's) in the basement giving me, at around 9 yrs old, the first opportunity.
DonnaT
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

Hmm, well that's a tough one. I was first thinking that it would have to be the time that I went fabric shopping down by Milwaukee with a friend of mine who also made dresses for me. (this is when I lived in Wisconsin) I would go over to her house and we would look at patterns; she also had a big collection of fabrics and often I would find what I liked just in her stash. Then we would customize the pattern, maybe changing the sleeves or neckline. Many of my favorite dresses are ones that she made. But I got overly ambitious one time and decided that I needed more, and she was planning to go down to Milwaukee anyway, so I went with her and we loaded up on fabrics, patterns, zippers, everything!!!!

That was a great time. But then I'm thinking of another time just a month ago when I went down to Dallas for 3 days of meetings. Some of you may remember that this is after I made my vow to wear every dress I have, and nothing except dresses until I've worn each of them at least once. Well, in all honesty, I didn't wear a dress on Thursday, I wore a skirt suit because I bought it when Dress Barn was going out of business and I thought it would be perfect for the occasion. So for 3 days I was down in Dallas at meetings and wore mostly dresses (except for the aforementioned skirt suit) and had a fabulous time. Everyone just accepted me perfectly. It was a meeting mostly of women and I really felt just like one of the group.

It would have to be one or the other of those times, but really I've had a lot of great experiences. Even when I was living in Texas, which is not a friendly place for me, I had a couple really nice experiences. I can really relate to the laundromat story though Diana Michelle, I've done that on occasion also and there is something really fulfilling about just doing the everyday chores like all the other women.
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

I think I am going to go with Anthony's lead and do a shopping experience. I was in town for something and did my normal walk through the mall and check out some of the stores. There happened to be newer Torrid store in the mall. I had stopped there but never really found anything. I was going through the clearance when one of the SA's was going though and cleaning them up. I pulled out a dress that looked interesting. The SA said something about that is a cute one. I said I liked it but that I had trouble finding dresses that fit me right. She said try some on they may fit. I was in guy mode. So I started to pull a couple that I like and she asked my size and started pulling ones that she thought would look good one me. I think I ended with something like 6 dresses and a couple of tops. Other girls were going in and out of the fitting room and she just hauled me in back and set me up with a room. None of the other gals seemed to notice or at least did not go running from the fitting room that there was a guy in the fitting room. As I tried them on the SA was very attentive. She even went to look for a different size and instead came back with a different one as they did not have my size.

Well I did find one of the dresses that fit that I brought home. It was one of those "did it really happen" type of situations. It sticks in my mind because of how much of a non-event it was for the SA's and the other customers in the store. I have had similar experiences at other stores also. When people say say they can not go femme shopping in male mode, they will not be accepted, I always think of one of these times. If it can't be done, I have done it a lot of times.

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Melissa Mac
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Melissa Mac »

My favorite CDing experience? That is a tough one as there have been many over the years I have been out. Maybe a more recent one comes instantly to mind as it is fresh.

I was out with another girl and we were looking for dresses for the local support group Christmas party. She was lucky in finding one early on in our quest but I was striking out. Being 5'10" and wearing a size 14 it seemed like everything I found was either too tight or too short or plainly just didn't hang right. TBH I was starting to think maybe I could find something in my closet that would work.

We happened into a dress shop in the downtown area and it was empty except for the 2 sales clerks. As we went in I could see the one clerk already giving us the eye so I figured just a quick look through and we would be on our way. I was surprised when the other clerk, a young girl who was maybe 20 at best came over and asked if she could help us find something. I told her what I was looking for and she smiled "Follow me."

Much to my delight she was showing me dresses and the next thing I knew I was in the dressing room with 3 or 4 dresses. As I tried them on she would keep coming in with yet another for me to try on completely unphased by me and my state of undress. She was offering hints on how to accessorize the dresses and what type of shoes. It finally came down to 2 and I ended up with both figuring I could wear the other one New Years Eve. Yes they were more expensive than I had originally planned on spending but she was just so helpful and sweet I figured why not?
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

One of my most memorable events from my CDing days is also one of my most embarrassing ones. I had a few days off and as I usually did spent them dressed. One afternoon I put on my wrap style skirt and a sweater and headed off to WalMart just to look around. I really didn't buy anything except a few groceries. As I walked out the door pushing my cart I noticed it had gotten a bit windy though never gave it a lot of thought. I was about halfway up the aisle a gust of wind came and I felt my skirt start to flutter. I looked down and it was flapping in the breeze and the tops of my pantyhose were visible and probably my panties as well. :oops: I quickly smoothed my skirt down and looked up to see a soccer mom coming up the aisle with her teen aged son in tow, The mother just gave me a half smile but the son was grinning from to ear to ear so it was obvious he had at least gotten a peek. :)

At the time I was embarrassed to death as I really hadn't been going out that much at that time but looking back it was funny in a way. If nothing else I made that teen ager's shopping trip with his mother an adventure. =D>
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Karen Ski
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Karen Ski »

Back in my working days the Mouse went casual attire early on in the 1980's. Generally I would wear a polo shirt and dockers. One day I was feeling particularly colorful so I wore a bright pink polo and some white jeans, It was early September and it caused a bit of a stir and I overheard a couple of my co workers say "If he would wear that to work I have to wonder what Cinderella is going to wear on Halloween." Most of us came to work in some sort of a costume for Halloween so it got me to thinking. :-k

Yes I did! I found a suitable long white dress and had one of my blonde wigs done up in a bun. I even found a ribbon style choker to wear. I have to admit I was trembling as I stepped into my white pumps that Halloween morning but I did it. Definitely more than a few glances and remarks but I was so happy I could have cared less. I even won the best costume prize which was a gift certificate to a local restaurant. =D> It was cute though as I was getting ready to leave that night one of the secretaries came up to me and smiled "The way you handle that dress and walk in those heels something tells me this is not your first time." I smiled back at her and said "And it won't be my last." :mrgreen:
Lauren
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Lauren »

My favorite CDing experience? OMG that was a long time ago! Like others there have been a few but thinking back one comes to mind over and over.

It was not that long after I moved to California and I had been out to a girl bar one Saturday evening, After the bar closed a few of us went out for breakfast so it was probably 3:30 or even 4:00 on a Sunday morning and I was on my way home on the freeway when suddenly my tire went flat. Now bear in mind this was like 1986 or maybe 1987 so there were no cell phones. I was wearing a silver sequined cocktail dress, perfect outfit for clubbing but not the type of outfit I wanted to be changing a tire in. It was dark out and not a lot of traffic and wearing heels I wasn't about to hike it to the nearest exit and try to find a phone. Nothing much to do but sit and wait for a CHIP to come by and hopefully call a tow truck to come and change the tire.

It was maybe 5 minutes and a ratty old pick up truck pulled up behind me and the guy got out. he came up to my car and I cracked the window. He asked what was wrong and I told him I had a flat. he said he would change it for me and I said no thanks. He was quite insistent so I finally relented. I got out of the car and opened the trunk and started to reach for the spare and he stopped me telling me he would get it. I stood there and held the flashlight and it took him about 10 minutes and the tire was changed, he even put the flat tire in my trunk.

I reached into the car for my purse and offered him $20 for doing and he refused. I tried to insist but he kept saying no. He stood there as I got in my car and I rolled the window to thank him yet again as well as one more attempt to pay him. He said no but added "When you're dressed as a guy and you see a woman stranded by the side of the road remember my kindness and stop and help her" and walked away.
Some people are going to leave a mark on this world, while others are going to leave a stain
Eleanor Roosevelt
Linda S
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Linda S »

I've had a lot of favorites so it's hard to pick just one. When I finally got my "passability" to a level where I could be at ease going just about anywhere, a whole world of possibilities opened up.
It's hard to describe the feeling of literally becoming another person, who's able to enjoy aspects of life that are closed off to the "real" me.

My favorite time of year to go out is the holiday season because it's a great opportunity to be seen and to be around lots of people. I love going to holiday and year-end social events, and just being part of the shopping crowds. During that period for the past few years (but not last year - I don't look good in a mask!), a typical day as Linda would start in the afternoon with a casual equestrian-themed soccer-mom look: skinny jeans, riding boots, a sleeveless turtleneck and a fitted velvet or tweed jacket. Another fun casual look is a tiered denim micro-mini over black leggings (a great way to wear a skirt that's too short to be "safe" with pantyhose/tights), matching denim vest, black turtleneck, statement necklace, and riding boots (maybe with boot cuffs - I love those). After checking out my (padded) hips and (padded) butt in the mirror, I'd head out to do the many errands I'd saved up for the occasion.

Then for an evening at the mall, I'd switch to something a little "edgier", but very much in the range of what other women are wearing in that environment. One of my go-to outfits is short, tight cuffed denim shorts, a fitted three-button faux-leather jacket, black opaque tights and high-heeled shiny black boots with silver buckles at the top and bottom. There's nothing like the thrill of stepping into a big, bright, bustling shopping mall in that outfit - it makes me feel empowered but "on display", all at once!
Kelly
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Kelly »

I may have related this experience before. Every time I think of it I do smile, so it bears repeating.

It was my very first time in public. Very definitely I was a 'guy in a dress', but was ready to deal with whatever came my way.

I was in one of the larger department stores in a mall browsing through the racks. It must have been late summer as there was a family engaged in 'back to school shopping' also in the store. I am looking through a rack of tops and glance up.

There staring at me is the dad. His jaw is on the floor. Eyes wide, shock on his face. OK, I am nailed. Could have been an embarrassing outcome. Fortunately, in preparation for this adventure I had thought through various scenarios.

I did what I have observed women doing all the time. I looked dad in the eye and .....

Smiled.

He quickly averted his stare and looked the other direction. It worked, my heart rate was through the roof. I took some deep breaths and continued shopping. As I recall, I didn't buy anything.

I am feel good about that experience, as it did provide a foundation for future (but unfortunately rare) adventures. In retrospect I wish I had gone over and whispered something like "Here you're stuck board silly and I am having fun." Didn't, oh well.
I thought a CD was something you stuck in a computer
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

a great experience that I just had this week will definitely rank among the top of my best CD experiences.

The company that I worked for recently decided that everyone should get new, updated photos that are professionally done (and this is sorely needed, I can tell you). The photographer was supposed to come into our office on Wednesday, so I picked my time on the schedule for early afternoon and tried to make an appointment at the salon for the morning.
Well the salon was booked solid but they said if there was a cancellation they would call me. So Tuesday night they called and said they had an opening in the morning and could do my hair so I grabbed it.
Wednesday morning comes, I get dressed, grab my computer and make-up (which I figure I'll do after they fix my hair) and head out - but my car battery is dead. My daughter had left the key on the day before, and I had my son get the car started but we must have not let it run long enough to charge adequately for the -20 weather. AHHHHHHH - I call the salon and tell them I might be late but I'll get there or die trying! Then I got the car started finally and raced down there and was only 10 minutes late.
Laura washed my hair, reset one of my extensions and was styling my hair when Amanda stopped over to talk. (Incidentally, mid December I got longer extensions, 12 inch, and lightened my color to ashe blonde so she wanted to know how I liked it) I love my longer and lighter hair, and my daughters also think it looks much better than before, so I had to tell everyone in the salon what an awesome job they did!!!!! @@9@@
Then Amanda asked about my make-up and I told her that I was afraid nobody there would be available to do it, since they were booked solid, and I was intending to do it myself. But it turns out that she did have time and got me in the schedule to do my makeup as soon as Laura finished my hair.
Well Amanda is just absolutely amazing at doing make-up. She suggested shades and colors I would never have picked and did the most perfect job of blending it all - I can't even describe it. She said she would have me looking like a new woman and she absolutely did. She had me looking better than I have ever looked in my life (if I were 25 years younger I could have been a bombshell -hahaha) When I saw myself in the mirror I literally was on the verge of tears.
So a few of the others in the salon came over to give me an inspection and all agreed I was now photo ready.
Then I get to the office and have a few hour to work before my scheduled time, I check my emails and see that the photographer cancelled because he is sick - REALLY???????????

Ok, I am NOT letting this look go without photos. Our office manager is a good photographer and usually takes all the pictures, so I ask her but she didn't bring any of her good cameras to work. As we're talking, another co-worker comes by (also Amanda, the one who's brother is best friends with Carson Wentz) and she knows everyone in town. So I ask her, and she is non-commital "it's very last minute, not many people will be willing to just do a 10 minute shoot with no warning." I guess I need to go search for a photo studio in Bismarck that takes walk-ins - that doesn't seem like it will be promising.

I'm back at my desk searching the internet and get a text from her, she has a friend who can do it after work. Perfect!!! ..^..
So after work I go to her friends house, she takes the pictures, and I should be seeing the results in the next day or so.
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

It sounds quite a day.

"So after work I go to her friends house, she takes the pictures, and I should be seeing the results in the next day or so."

I'd love to see those pics.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.