Your Dream Job

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Lauren
Miss Emerald Goddess

Your Dream Job

Post by Lauren »

With California opening back up we are starting to return to work. Granted as far as my company we have only recalled about half people though we are continuing to pay everyone at least through the end of June full pay. As I was getting ready for work this morning I thought how happy I was to be back and how much I love what I do. I also know some don't enjoy their job and it is merely means to an end be it a pension or even just a pay check.

So my question is what is your dream job? It doesn't have to involve dressing or it could. It may be the job you have or had if you are retired or something completely different. If it is your current job what would you change to make absolutely perfect?
Some people are going to leave a mark on this world, while others are going to leave a stain
Eleanor Roosevelt
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Re: Your Dream Job

Post by KimberlyS »

Good question Lauren. Mine would be a job similar or my current job, with the office back in town and not an hour away, without my ahole boss or a different ahole boss. A boss that cares for his/her people and supports them and does not blame them so he looks better. And work does not have the few people that do not pull their weight and the ones that just cause problems. And no business politics..... Oh that would be a dream. @@9@@

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

I'd like to be a screen-writer. It's a wish - but I have had interactions where people seem to have been hinting at it as being a good idea.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

I'd say I have as near to my dream job as it's reasonable to expect. Sure there are always stressful days, uncertain times, anxiety about the future; I believe that's all a part of life and you can't avoid that.
But I work for an employee owned company so we all have some input into the working conditions; most people (probably all really) do the best job they can; and there is a pretty strong culture of inclusivity. Of course it's not perfect, I could find things to complain about, but mostly it's pretty good.

And of course the best thing is that my co-workers, co-owners, co-(all of that) are perfectly accepting and supportive of me. I had a conversation a couple years ago with some of the more high-ranking people, and they told me they would absolutely defend me, to the point of saying that if a client had some objection they would rather not do business anymore with such a client. So what is there to complain about???

The only thing really that I can complain about right now is that the with the whole working from home business, wearing a dress to work is not all that interesting - the dogs and pigs and chickens and ducks don't really appreciate a cute outfit.
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Not sure it was my absolute dream job but the one I had for 40 years was pretty good. I was a consultant to the hospitality industry and worked for the same firm all my career. I had a boss who saw people as people and fully supported me as I transitioned and had my surgery. It afforded me growth both financial and personally and was satisfying on a multiple of levels including emotionally. If there was a drawback to my job was it required travel which I have written about elsewhere. I guess even with the good some bad can come.

As for my "dream job"? Maybe Goddess of the World. :lol: :lol:
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

A job that pays me to travel the world.
In my younger days, when I could get around easier.
DonnaT
Sarah Rene
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Rene »

I always wanted to be a teacher specifically a history teacher. I loved history and desired to enlighten the youth of America about our past both the good and the bad. I graduated from college with a degree in history and a teaching certificate but was unable to find a job. I ended up taking a position as a corporate trainer for a large corporation. Don't get me wrong here that job gave me the opportunity to get my masters degree which they paid for and afforded me the resources to eventually have my surgery. Trust me teaching jobs do not pay well and nowhere near an appropriate wage for those charged with helping to shape and educate the youth of America. I left that job when I had my GAS.

After my surgery I tried to get back to teaching but best I could land was a job as a substitute teacher and while it was better than nothing it didn't offer me any satisfaction and being an "on demand" job left me less than financial secure. I finally landed a job as an office manager for a medium size insurance firm. It did offer me some financial security and stability I still desired to get back to teaching.

I kept looking for a teaching position and interviewed for several however didn't land anything and was starting to get frustrated to be kind. Then about 4 years ago I landed a job as a middle school history teacher at a charter school. It was not ultimate job in my mind however it was a start. My contract was just renewed for another 2 years and in a way 5 years seniority is tenure there so I am pretty secure. While it may not have been my dream job in the beginning it has grown to be. Sure the pay could be better and there are times teaching middle school students can be trying to be polite but I do love my job!
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Almost all my jobs started out as what I was told they were but eventually became what I made them to be. Now, I must say that I am in my dream job of retired princess.
{squeezes}
Davita
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

Diana Michelle wrote: As for my "dream job"? Maybe Goddess of the World. :lol: :lol:
I would say sorry for beating you to it but I'm not! ..rofl..

As for my dream job? I actually have it! I love my job and the people I work with, well most of them. It has afforded me many things like financial stability, the ability to transition and have my surgery, growth both personally and professionally, and is emotionally satisfying. Sure I could do without the occasional "edicts" from above and the aggravation that comes with that but as they say "Into every life a little rain must fall."
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Estefania
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Estefania »

My dream job... other than my current job, which I love, is keeping my current job but having more developers available to work in all the projects that we have! We are just spread too thin with all projects.

But if I wanted to start a new career... I would love to be a fashion consultant/personal shopper, closet organizer... Yes, that would be nice!

Gaby
Amanda R
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Amanda R »

I actually have my dream job! I went into college with the knowledge I wanted to help people just not sure how exactly. Then in my first semester took a psychology class. I was so fascinated with the concept of "what makes people tick" I took another from the same professor and it was then I knew. Today I am a practicing psychologist and working on my Doctorate. Yes it is financially satisfying however the satisfaction that comes when a client has that epiphany moment is beyond words.
"We may have all come on different ships but we are in the same boat now."
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.