Wearing heels

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Wearing heels

Post by KimberlyS »

When I was younger, I would be able to wear 5 inch heels around the house and a few times out and about without an issue for hours at a time. I often would be wearing 4 inch heels out and about all day without bothering me. Now when out and about if I am wearing heels I have learned to take along some flats to change into usually about mid day. The last time I put on my 5 inch heels I was not able to last an hour wearing them. I now have lots of flats and low heels in my shoe collection. I use to have nothing but heels in my collection when I was younger. How things change as we are getting older or out of practice wearing heels. Today sitting here at the desk working I have found myself kicking off my heels and sitting here in stocking feet with my heels between my feet. If I am wearing flats I do not kick them off when sitting at my desk.

How has your femme shoe wearing changed through the years?

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Wearing heels

Post by Heather W »

I have a couple of close to 5" heels but they are dressier and while I can wear them just fine it is a rare occasion I do. Most of my heels are in the 4" range and while I can wear them all day at work I will admit it does feel good to kick them off when I get home.
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

I think all women have a tendency to go to a lower heel as they mature. I can remember having a few pair of skyscraper heels way back when but the bulk of my heels for years were in the 4" range back when I was working. Nowadays while I still have some of that height more are in the 3" range. A lot easier on these old bones but also back in the old days you have to remember my first husband was 6'3" and my second 6'6" while my current SO is barely 6'. Being 5'8" myself it is about not appearing taller than your man. Yes call it old fashioned but there are men who do have issues with that.

Kicking your heels off under your desk? I think pretty much every woman has done it from time to time. I think back to the days I was working, particularly the hot humid days of summer. I would be up no later than 6 and dressed for work by 6:30 AM. Then off to a full day at work and fight rush hour traffic home many times getting there 6:30 PM or later. The first thing I would do when I walked in the door was kick off my heels, followed by shucking the pantyhose and undoing the bra.

As for wearing a pair of flats or even running shoes and carrying your heels to the office then changing there? Never really did that unless I had a flight to catch that afternoon or evening though I know many women who did.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

3 inches mostly. Loved the look. I had a couple at 4" for dressier occasions. Never tried 5". Now I cannot wear heels at all due to ankle tendon tears and bad repair.
DonnaT