Casual Dress Day - Dual Meaning

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Casual Dress Day - Dual Meaning

Post by KimberlyS »

I am still working from home but part of the staff is in the office. The boss has declared tomorrow a casual dress day. He has no clue that this small sentence has a very different meaning for us CDers.

What casual Dress should I wear for tomorrow? Open to suggestions.

kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Casual Dress Day - Dual Meaning

Post by Diana Michelle »

I realize this response is a little late but when has that ever stopped me? ..rofl..

Casual dress day has a wide variety of meanings to different people well beyond how a CD can perceive it.

A disclaimer here first, I have no idea what the standard dress code, written or unwritten, for your office is Kim so I am going to presume it is semi formal meaning nice slacks and tops but not as far as suits and ties. Based on that presumption I would say a nice pair of jeans. No tears or rips, not faded or washed out, and no stains but rather a medium to dark blue pair of jeans. Perhaps if you want to be a bit more daring a pair of white jeans. For a top I would think a nice colorful casual top. Perhaps even a t-shirt but no sayings or slogans on it. With an outfit like this your choice your choice of footwear is wide open from sneakers to heels if you are looking to make it look a little more dressed up. My choice would be a cute of pair of wedges. Even there you could opt for a pair of tan wedges for a more dignified look or spice it up with something that more matches your top.

I have given you a couple of options here Kim and you can adjust your outfit next time based on what everyone else wears this time and how it is received. So tell us what did you wear?
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

I ended up going pretty basic. Maxi sundress with some sandals. Our office attire is usually dress slacks and a nice polo or button down shirt or blouse. Throw in a skirt once in a while. Boss always wears a suit. Casual days we can wear nice denim.

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

Sounds like a cute outfit Kim.

I hear you about dual meaning, I joke I can remember the time I couldn't wait to get home and into a pair of tights and a bra, now there are days I can't wait to get home and out of them. :-k
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Oh Heather how the world turns.....

..^..

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

Lauren
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Lauren »

Heather W wrote:I hear you about dual meaning, I joke I can remember the time I couldn't wait to get home and into a pair of tights and a bra, now there are days I can't wait to get home and out of them. :-k
Probably been a bit longer for me than you Heather but I remember those days as well. I am old enough to remember when corporate casual first peeked out of the closet as Casual Friday. To say there was confusion as what was and wasn't permissible is polite and led to many companies adopting Casual Friday Guidelines which were in many ways more restrictive than the unwritten corporate professional attire guidelines. I will say even today some carry casual a bit too casual IMO but as long as their supervisors and companies allow it people will always push the edge. I have always been a believer in I would rather be the most overdressed person in a situation than the most underdressed one. Perhaps the best guideline I can offer is after getting dressed look in the mirror and ask yourself if you saw someone wearing something like this in a similar situation what would you think? if you would think it is fine then wear it. if even for a single second you think WTF is she thinking wearing that maybe you should change
Some people are going to leave a mark on this world, while others are going to leave a stain
Eleanor Roosevelt