I adore my Torrid salesgirl!

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Estefania
Miss Platinum Goddess

I adore my Torrid salesgirl!

Post by Estefania »

Ok, technically is not fun stuff while enfemme, because it is been since Aug 19 the last time I had a chance to do so. But maybe a couple months ago I placed an online order to be picked up at a nearby Torrid store. And luck has it that I found this salesgirl who is just awesome! Not going back in history... Today I went to pick up yet another order, and she greeted me and we chit-chatted for a little while, and then she went to retrieve the order while I picked up two pairs of shoes, one pair of tennis shoes, and one pair of boots, all in clearance for $10 each. When she got back, she told me -"By the way, I just remembered that I saw one animal print coat that I think you would love", and she found it and yes, I like it for sure, but is marked at $89.00 in their site, but she tells me - I can order it for you and since it would be a clearance item if we still had it, I can sell it to you for $16.00 - Wow! So, needless to say, I ordered it. Then she asks her manager "Do you think the Disney gowns are still available?" and her manager tells her to go and try again in the website and at the end... I got two Disney gowns (Aurora and Belle) regular price above $180 each, for $16 each!

She is going to bankrupt me! :)

Much love to Amber!

Gaby
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: I adore my Torrid salesgirl!

Post by Davita »

Well I'm just so jealous :) My Torrid folks haven't seen me in like foreverrrrrrrrr since I retired. I never got such good deals as you did, but I always got wonderful service; same with my Lane Bryant girls. You did good, babe :)

On a slightly side note, I just got a couple pairs of Torrid's panties on final clearance, using my $10 B-day reward. Never got their panties before. OMG, the colors are blinding! I got the Just Peachy and the pair with the sloth looking thing on them. Comfy too.

In addition, glad you found the dress for success charity. We had one local or something like them, but for some reason they closed/moved. I much prefer those places because there is a direct connection with the people who need the clothes and they aren't being wasted, sold at throw away prices. And who needs a person who can afford full price buying the clothes at the throw away prices when there are people struggling to get a job and needing the clothes to get it.
{squeezes}
Davita
Estefania
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Estefania »

Hey Davita!

Yeah, this girl is just awesome. :)

And yes, I'm glad that I found Dress for Success. Any other donations you know they end up benefiting some people, but this is more direct for sure.

When I asked Amber about if they had any formal T* training, she said that not really, but they were asked what they would do if somebody who may be T* went shopping to their stores, and if they had any negative response, it was unlikely they would get hired.

And now in the Pandemic age and time... no business can allow themselves to lose any single customer.

Gaby
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

I will add that Torrid has been good to me both enfemme and male mode. I have had not problems with them. In fact they have been very accepting and over accommodating. Taking male me into the fitting rooms to try on dresses was not a problem for me several years ago. And plus is wife is liking some of their things, so I may be getting there more now. //party

kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

In my never to be humble opinion it is the sales clerks that make or break any store, particularly a clothing store. It makes no difference if it is a one location mom and pop operation or a nationwide chain. if you feel welcome and comfortable you are far more apt to stay around, look a little deeper into the racks, buy, come back again, and maybe the best advertising recommend it to some of your friends.

I have never been in a Torrid store, not even sure I have ever seen a Torrid from the outside. Years ago there was a local chain around the Detroit area called Gantos. They had a few stores and one was in the mall I frequented. They carried moderate priced to upscale women's clothes from casual to business wear to dressier options. It seemed like every time I went in there was one sales girl who later became assistant manager of the store that helped me. She got to know my style and tastes and more than once when seeing me would say "We just got a dress (suit, skirt, top, whatever) in I know you are going to love!" and most times she was right. There was even once or twice she would have it put away in my size in the backroom. I can remember more than once dreading opening the envelope when my Gantos charge statement came in the mail.

Once when I was shopping there another sales clerk came over to Cindy and wished her happy birthday. After paying for my purchase I left and got a birthday card and a small bouquet of flowers and gave it to her. I went so far as marking it down and every year after until they closed I did the same. Speaking as someone who's job involved a level of sales a good customer is great to find but a great salesperson is as well!
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Estefania
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Estefania »

Diana, I totally agree with you. Not exactly the same, but along the lines... today we went to the bank. They guard outside the bank is always really nice, will say hello to everybody, being respectful and helpful (opening the door and holding it, little things...) I was talking with my wife about him and this is basically the thing... You have a job to do. And you can decide if you are going to be miserable while doing it, or if you are going to make it a positive thing to do. Having the right attitude goes a long way.
And back to Amber, yes, I have also thought about getting her a little something. A bit tricky because since it is my "ugly step-brother" who has been doing the shopping, I don't want to send any wrong signals, but I want her to know that I appreciate her and how nice she is. When she suggested for me to buy the leopard print jacket last week, I asked her to order it on a size up from what I usually wear, and she actually noticed that, so she mentioned and I told her that I'd rather have a jacket to be a bit on the loose side, so she said "hey, try one of the similar jackets here, to see what size you like better", and I did, and I was right, my regular size was ok, but the next one over was a nicer fit. I heard her say something like "I'll remember that".
Anyway, I hope everybody will find a place/store/restaurant where they can feel not only accepted, but truly welcome.
(Ah yes, Torrid carries sizes from 10 to 30, but most styles start on 16 and up).
Fun fact, I'm getting dangerously close to the "Torrid VIP status", after breezing through the two lower ones. Better rewards, free shipping, etc. Good thing is that with the prices I have paid, reselling things when I don't need them anymore will be worth it.

Gaby
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

I received a Torrid mail flier. My wife asked, "what did you do?" :-k
Beats me, never signed up to receive anything from them, and have never bought from them. :huh:
DonnaT
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Torrid is owned by the same company that owns Lane Bryant, DressBarn site, and other stores. If you have shopped at one of those.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Thanks Kimberly.
DonnaT