hair extensions

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

hair extensions

Post by Ralitsa »

Gaby's post about now being a blonde made me realize I'd forgotten to tell everyone here about my hair extensions.

About a year ago (yeah I know I should have told you sooner) I was at the salon getting my customary mani, pedi, facial, and hair cut and Brit mentioned that I should get hair extensions. I'd been letting my hair grow out and at the time is was about page boy length. Maybe they had a conspiracy going on, because then a few other girls there told me they were getting extensions and I should too. So of course I did :)

And instantly went to shoulder length very light blonde. I normally have more of a dirty blonde but I don't like it that dark so Macy fixes it, and keeps it more flaxen colored. I loved it!! I love having long hair, and for the first time in my life I don't hate my hair. And I've determined that I'm keeping extensions forever, even though it is rather pricey.
So last time I was in, which was almost a year later, Macy commented that my hair was much longer now than when we originally did the extensions, and suggested I go for longer ones now. So we did that, and now my hair is about 6 inches past my shoulders. My daughter was with me that time and nearly had a heart attack when she heard how much it cost; so now she teases me all the time about how much I spend on my hair. The little brat, she has perfect hair without even trying - I'm so jealous :lol:
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Re: hair extensions

Post by KimberlyS »

Fun Ralitsa. How long does it take to get hair extensions and how long do they last?

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

it takes a couple hours to put them in. The actually putting them in the first time is maybe an hour, but Macy usually colors my hair which takes a while depending on how it is. After you have them, then about every 6 weeks they need to be readjusted, which means taking them out and reinstalling them up higher as your hair grows out.
it is a huge investment of time and cost, but really they give me more satisfaction than most other things. I was talking to a co-worker/friend and told her that basically it is equivalent to a car payment, but I'd rather have them than a new car. So that's what you're looking at. It is a big commitment.
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

It'd be nice to have a picture of you to see how this looks.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.