A Resource Guide for Boys Who Want to Be Girls

How are you dealing with or handling this aspect of your life?

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Ms. Erin
Miss Platinum Goddess

A Resource Guide for Boys Who Want to Be Girls

Post by Ms. Erin »

Good evening ladies.

Miss Vera's Cross-Dress for Success: A Resource Guide for Boys Who Want to Be Girls

I just purchased this great eBook and believe it or not I am already one third in it. (179 pages)

Its an easy and fun to read book that tells anything about being and living our lifestyle with lots of tips and resources. And no labeling, except for one brief introduction to explain and to get that out of the way. It's covering just about any part of being a woman.

Any other ladies here have books recommendations or perhaps this one?
I am a woman of trans experience.
Eileen (SO)

Re: A Resource Guide for Boys Who Want to Be Girls

Post by Eileen (SO) »

I had to add a reply, Ms. Erin.
Over 67 views and no comments? I don't purchase E books, is this available elsewhere, as in a real book? It is for boys to be girls, as is the title, or men to be women?

And what have you learned from it so far?

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Ms. Erin
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Ms. Erin »

Hi Eileen, yes its available as a paperback. One evening I was at Barnes and Noble browsing inside the store, but could not find anything on the subject, so when I had some free time later that night I went searching on my tablet and found a few different eBooks, mostly (adult) CD/TG stories, that I was not looking for. (online searches always come up with X-rated material, so if you search please beware) The two I bought are the "info" kind of eBooks.

I would say it's mostly for man to woman and there is also some info for there SO and GG. I am absorbing a lot of info, some not as surprising but that makes sense and some new "great tips". It is however loaded with local New York city info, then again also with lots of internet resources in anything a man to woman might need to look for.

One thing I learned, for example, is to sit up straight :), if you dress like a woman, act and behave like a woman, so yes sit up straight. (funny sample but there are little things that makes the difference. Other things are in the hair, makeup and fashion departments.

They do also talk about the obvious sexual stuff that comes with the territory, which is something I am not going to talk about here, I don't see that's appropriate here.

Erin.
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Thank you for a positive review! I was thinking this would be a nice gift. Women sometimes forget the certain mannerisms that set us apart as they are second nature.
Ms. Erin wrote: (online searches always come up with X-rated material, so if you search please beware) ,
Don't I know it!! That was the scary time first learning about what he does.

Eileen
Ms. Erin
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Ms. Erin »

Dear Eileen, last night I did not only had to work 9 hours instead of 8, but the boss also forced me to stay another 8, so that's 17 hours. Anyway, thank goodness I had some time to read. :) I just came home a little while ago and I am now nicely bathed, shaved and lotion-ed, including my overnight facial mask.

Now a little about the book again:

So last night a read mostly about what to expect when you go out, and not just the positive things, but to expect negative reactions. People that want to express there opinion in a "soft" way, and up to "hard", like aggressive and violent. They explain in a sense how to prepare and respond to these, including lots of advise. Of course they mention the NY city scene, since that's where the book is mostly based / related to.

I think it might be a nice gift to your husband. Perhaps you can read a review first on Barnes and Noble website?

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/miss-ve ... 0812991956

Erin.
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Oh, I'll definitely buy this book! The last thing anyone that cross dresses is to be publicly mocked or worse. One of the biggest fears for a wife is that her hubby gets recognized when dressed up as female. I can handle the at home situation, neighbors are quite a different thing to deal with.

This should be good read for both of us, I'm sure he'll share. But you mentioned buying two books. What was the other?

Eileen
Anita
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anita »

Ms. Vera was one of the first two books I picked up, too. I don't remember much about it, other than it was fun to read. The other one was intriguing to me, and scared me at the same time. It was Deidre McClosky's Crossings, about her life and her transition. I had no idea where I was headed at the time, and both books 'spoke' to me in different ways. I had to go to a support group and listen to three meetings' worth of stories to figure out where I fit in. It was a relief to find that out, although I still faced having to act on what I'd learned.
Ms. Erin
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Ms. Erin »

Dear Anita and Eileen, yes Vera's book is written in a fun way, which makes reading this book easier for me, as well as keeping me wanting to keep reading more and more.

The other book I bought is; "Am I Transgender" by A. Lite. BSRN Math.

This one was pretty "heavy" reading for me, but I will later go back and open the pages again. Some ladies on this website advised me to take things slowly, and I will, as I am not really ready yet to read that book.

Like Vera's book is easy and allows you to find yourself, the other book is more direct, like: you are or are not a TG, and this is how you should be living if you are a TG. I read it like if you do not "fit" the author's explanation of a TG, close the book.

Not easy to explain yet for me, but I hope you understand my view.

I am sure I am heading in the right direction this time, in finding out who I am, but there is still a long way to go and there are many directions to go in between CD and TG if I might say so.

Next to reading the book(s) and this amazing website, I do think I would like to visit a meeting group in real life. I have not searched for one but there is a LGBT center I might visit one day.

Erin
CharLee
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by CharLee »

You might try sending a PM or E - Mail to Silverlady or Virginia, I believe they live in the Virginia area
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

I dislike anyone, be they authors, therapists, or forum posters, that pigeon hole people. If you do this and that, you must be this type, so get used to it. Nothing in life is that simple.
As a couple, we are happy with the group of friends we have. Additional reading material that is less of a lecture would be helpful.

Eileen
DonnaJean

Post by DonnaJean »

I ordered this book online at the beginning of the year and have found some useful information in it:

http://reluctantpress.com/870/tricks-of ... onfiction/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It has some helpful how-to tips which might be elementary to some, but I enjoyed it.
Ms. Erin
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Ms. Erin »

Hi DonnaJean, after reading your post I bought it at and I am already half way in it. It has lots of info, a real "how to guide".

Thank you so much, dear, for the link.
Toni_Lynn_P
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Toni_Lynn_P »

Hmmm -- I read the Ms Vera book a few years back and was very disappointed. Understand I do not men this as a put-down in any way shape or form to anyone who finds value in the book -- it's just that the book is *NOT* what I am about.

It seemed overly fetishistic to me. Now granted, I have my own set of fetishes etc, but I come at them more from the aspect of "I am a girl and this is what I like." In every aspect of my crossdressing, I just want it to be real and normal -- like every girl. And yes, at times it includes the a more sensual and seductive atmosphere, but that is not a part of who I am for day to day life.

Sorry -- but I am about to cry right now - -I just want wear girls clothes and be accepted as such -- just like any other girl whether it be at home or buying groceries. With my wife I have that

Hugs

Toni-Lynn
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Eileen (SO) wrote:I dislike anyone, be they authors, therapists, or forum posters, that pigeon hole people. If you do this and that, you must be this type, so get used to it. Nothing in life is that simple.

Eileen I agree. Books, Web Sites and even Forum Posts here are just the views of the author. They are opinions and guides from the author. Everything will not apply to you or your CDer. Take from them what works for you and your CDer and throw the rest away. Each of us is different not only in how we CD, but the rest of our life and how the two interact.

kimberlys cd
joe in a skirt
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Seems that the 'Tricks of the Trade' is only available in kindle format, at least on Amazon. We both prefer real books.

Eileen