Coming out to my friends

How are you dealing with or handling this aspect of your life?

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Penelope Carol
Miss Emerald Goddess

Re: Coming out to my friends

Post by Penelope Carol »

Hi Eileen, I usually only see that particular group of friends on Mondays but one of the ladies phoned me today and she is still keen. She said she feels sure everyone will be fine. She's a lovely person who I've known for over ten years so I know I can trust her. Another group who I had already told several weeks ago are planning a night out when I will wear a dress - the one in my avatar photo - and last night I was talking to another lady, who I had told the Friday before, and I told her what was being lined up, So I'm getting plenty of support from friends. There are a few others who I've told in the last few weeks and there has been no bad reaction from anyone, either straight away or when they have had time to think. It's true that most of the people I've told are female but there are also a few male friends who know and they also still accept me for who I am.

Thank you for asking, that's really nice of you,
Penny <> <>
Penny
Penelope Carol
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Penelope Carol »

Well, it's happened! Last night for the first time I went out for an evening as Penny. Within minutes of my arrival the pub landlady, who must have been told what was planned, entered the room and said "You look amazing!"
Soon after, several more friends arrived and all of them were kind and supportive. I felt fully confident and relaxed the whole time. ^@^
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

Way to go Penelope. Congratulations. It must be a great weight off your shoulders. You can be yourself: without worry or fear.
Requal
Ms. Erin
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Ms. Erin »

Congratulations lady Penelope. Now life will be so much easier.
I am a woman of trans experience.