so happy now!

How are you dealing with or handling this aspect of your life?

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

so happy now!

Post by Ralitsa »

About a year ago I started on hormones. I'd been thinking about it for a while, and then my youngest daughter asked when I was going to start. I hadn't talked to her, or anyone about it, I guess she just thought I should.
The difference it's made in my happiness, feelings of well-being and satisfaction, and overall outlook on the world is tremendous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm starting to think of myself really as a woman, not just pretending. A few days ago when I was walking out to the car after getting dressed for work I was thinking: I look good, I feel great, I'm so happy I'm a woman!

I asked my doctor (who also is trans) about that, whether it's the hormones or just that I finally feel like who I really am? He said it's both, the physical, mental, emotional and external factors are finally in agreement. I wish I'd done it 20 years ago, but that was before my youngest daughter was born and so then she never could have encouraged me......... so whatever :lol:

The moral of the story, the way I finally coped with my femme side is to embrace it! Shopping is so much more fun now, knowing that these are my clothes, not just stuff I dress up in. Everything is more fun now. I can just act naturally, say what I feel and be myself without worrying people might think I'm a sissy, or find me out, or that I need to put on some display of manliness - ughhhh!! So distasteful.

I know, this site really is about crossdressing and not transitioning, and maybe somebody's SO will read this and get worried. There's that saying that every CD is really trans, which I don't believe BTW, and I don't want to promote. What I do want to promote is happiness. This site has been a huge support to me for a lot of years, and I'm glad to be part of it. So all I'm saying is that "coping with our femme side" is a struggle and a negative viewpoint. Understanding and embracing it is so much more fun.
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Re: so happy now!

Post by KimberlyS »

Good to hear from you Ralitsa. I am glad things are going well. Keep us up to date.

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.