I have a new problem

How are you dealing with or handling this aspect of your life?

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Jina James
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Re: I have a new problem

Post by Jina James »

"Have any one else had anything like this happen?"

Obviously, I can only answer for me. No. It hasn't happened to me.

We've been married 40 years; the wife has known for 37 of them and has been supportive all along. On the other hand, I don't dress all that often, and, other than underdressing, I never take it outside the house or hotel room. She has made it clear she would not support dressing in public, and that's no problem for me since it's not something I want anyway.
Lacey Hadley
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Lacey Hadley »

The restroom issue has become a topic out of agendas and ignorance. Fact is cders and tgers have been using the restrooms to match their appearance MTF or FTM for decades. In fact often at crowded public events at times one may see a GG go into a men's room rather than stand in a ungodly long line for a ladies room. Nobody bats an eyelash.

Sometimes we or advocates for us can make an issue that really was not on the radar, then to become a big TO DO! Sometimes it's better to let sleeping dogs lie, in life.

Regardless of laws or conventions any MTF cder or tger will use the ladies room and will be as discreet about it as any GG would. For crying out loud ladies rooms are all individualized stalls, there is no danger or fear. It's a manifestation of irrational thoughts, a maligned media and political hacks looking for an easy wedge issue.

Males who may rape or assault women or children do not need to put on a cheap wig and a $3.00 Salvation Army bought dress and support hose to do so. These ill males have ample opportunity to commit such in a 1000 and 1 places. Lets not forget pedophiles who assault boys in men's rooms and female teachers who sexually abuse teens and their trust in schools.

This issue needs to go away and be much like it has been for decades. A MTF will logically use the ladies restroom and an FTM will logically use a men's restroom NUFF SAID! :laptop:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. Ayn Rand
Wesley
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Wesley »

A tempest in a teapot.

Lacey gets it right, when she says:

"Fact is cders and tgers have been using the restrooms to match their appearance MTF or FTM for decades."

Exactly, and the LAST thing we want to do is draw attention to ourselves in a bathroom.

This issue boils down to another difference between Cross dressers and transgender.

I do not understand why a self professed transgender would have any issues, if they were appropriately dressed and acting in feminine form when entering a female designated bathroom?

Because that is not their ultimate goal. . . Crossdressers have not had any issues with it. . Someone want to give a good rational for my question?
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

I think things will settle down in time....The knuckle dragging bible thumping types will eventually stop if the issue does....If misguided activists stop infuriating and irritating the cave people long enough.... If you want to blame anybody blame them.

Thing is I bet CD's were already using the restrooms covertly here and there and just taking their chances and I bet most of the time even if recognized got by with it. There are many options...going before you leave home, or finding shared gender single serve restrooms.

I hate it has upset your tolerant wife...just reassure her you agree if you do and eventually it will be ok.
Go with the flow
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

I have a feeling things won't settle down any time soon.

The main issue keeping it alive is trans kids in school, Obama's directive, and the upcoming Supreme Court hearing on this particular part of the issue.

Hopefully the hearing and decision will occur before Trump nominates a conservative judge. The Decision may go 4 to 4, and if it does, the earlier lower court decision will remain. No idea how that would affect policy for the whole country.
DonnaT
Rhanda
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Rhanda »

Thank you for your replies. Since I posted this question I have been very busy with health problems and have not felt like coming on the forum. I Will be having caterack surgery soon and am going through eye cleaning process right now. I really miss making up but you have to do what you have to.

My wife has cooled down since I nearly died in June. Thanks for living in the shadow of one of the finest hospitals in Indiana, I came through it with no permanent damage nd expect to live at least twenty more years. after all, I am only 88.

Rhanda
Don't call me a woman, I don't want to be considered a woman. I just want to be a beautiful man.
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Wow...88's the new 68! Hahahahahahaha....
Go with the flow
Rhanda
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Rhanda »

That problem has gone away, it seems but life seems to be so predictable that a new problem is just over the horizon.

Last week I gt a new set of forms. They are a bit larger than the old ones and I can' resist wearing them, but my wife has said that she doesn't like the look. I didn't even argue or say anything. I just made some adjustments and have continued to wear them.

She has said nothing since. Sometimes it pays to say nothing and see where the chips fall.

Rhanda
Don't call me a woman, I don't want to be considered a woman. I just want to be a beautiful man.