What do you think?

How are you dealing with or handling this aspect of your life?

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Re: What do you think?

Post by Anne Bonny »

Hi all...Thanks Paulette hope you are well...

Thanks for the offer to talk...I am coping it will be alright....

Facebook pages...hum....I am on FB but that would be dangerous because all the people I know on there except a few I FB message back channel and havn't done that for a while...have no idea about me. I would love to be able to cordon off all of those individuals and open an Anne page but the nature of FB with all the sharing...wow! might as well stand on the roof top and shout it all out to the world! Still great thought...thanks!
Go with the flow
Estefania
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Estefania »

Anne,

I was thinking about a FB account as Anne. You don't have to share it with anybody you don't want to share it with. And you can find and block people you know may be able to recognize you. Anyway, just a possible way of meeting new friends.

Gaby
April Rose
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by April Rose »

Anne, I have never had a facebook page for the same reasons you stated. I was not confident enough in my online skills to be absolutely certain I might not accidentally out myself to the wrong person. I am rethinking it now, though, because I am retired and no longer have to worry about a customer or vendor coming across something awkward.

I am still mulling over having a second account as April, But I have decided I will definitely be posting about Transgender issues on my male named page if I set one up. It's late in life, but lately I have found myself thinking it's time I started owning up to who I am.
I am a vessel of the Goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Well....as you know I do have many people still that I would wish to keep this fact about myself from...I know you can post just to your Home Page...BUT! That does not necessarily mean only you can see it...if someone is Friends with you and they are of a mind to go over and look at your home page...."HELLO!!!" I know that you can block people but I am not so sure it those blocked know people who are not blocked and they share a picture or a post of yours who then can see it!?

I have always felt Facebook....with it's so called privacy settings are basically useless and that if you post there eventually many many people, including people you may know but never thought of would eventually come across a post or a picture of your TG self!

So I am not ready to bare myself to everybody I know and to the whole world...It's not necessarily baring myself to strangers but family and friends or old friends though I do not have any my wife did. For me it would be like setting myself up to be completely ostracized and subject to general outrage from a wide network of people who ever knew me in any way and to family.

That being said...otherwise I would have no objections to posting pictures and posts such as I do here in relative anonymity.

Nah...just cannot take that step not right now....maybe some where in the future in a few years? I have stopped posting on FB anyway because the only people on there are old geezers with nothing better to do...it is kind of sad...much ado about nothing! I do not care to be part of that scene.
Go with the flow